Rank ALL top prospects including this years draft..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Graves*

Rank the top 10-15 forward prospects.
Rank the top 10-15 defensive prospects
rank the top 5-10 goaltending prospects.

I would like this to include this years draft picks since this is the NHL draft forum afterall.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Fowards:
1. Ovekchin (I know it will be other way around but i think he's better)
2. Crosby
3. Malkin
4. Zherdev
5. Pouliot
6. Semin
7. Bobby Ryan
8. Vanek
9. Horton
10. Brown
11. Brule
12. Kopitar
13. Tukonen
14. O'Marra
15. Getzlaf

Defense
1. Johnson
2. Phaneuf
3. Suter
4. Barker
5. Babchuk
6. Thelen
7. Grebs
8. Bourdon
9. Coliacovo
10. Ballard
11. Whitney
12. Tjutin (Forgot him should be higher)
13. Lee
14. Eminger
15. Not sure

Golies
1. Lehtonen
2. Fleury
3. Price
4. Toivonen
5. Rask
6. Oullet
7. Bryzgalov
8. Montoya

Not sure about last two golies and i'm sure some of my rankings are off but i think this is somewhat correct - Tryed doing everything off the top of my mind so may of missed someone here or there or miss ranked

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
RallyKiller said:
Rank the top 10-15 forward prospects.
Rank the top 10-15 defensive prospects
rank the top 5-10 goaltending prospects.

I would like this to include this years draft picks since this is the NHL draft forum afterall.

Forwards:
Crosby/Ovechkin
Malkin
Carter
Vanek
Kopitar
Ryan
Brule
Richards
Michalek
Parise
Getzlaf
Bourret
Olesz
Koivu

Defensemen:
Johnson
Suter
Phaneuf
Corburn
Barker
Kronwall
Seabrook
Meszaros
Tyutin
Staal
Grebeshkov
Whitney
Stuart
Smid
Parent

Goaltenders
Lehtonen
Toivonen
Ward
Nittymaki
Fleury
Miller
Rask
Finley
Howard
Dubnyk
Harding
Danis
Schneider
Price
Stana

in order, let me know if i forgot anyone.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
pavel datsyuk said:
Forwards:
Crosby/Ovechkin
Malkin
Carter
Vanek
Kopitar
Ryan
Brule
Richards
Michalek
Parise
Getzlaf
Bourret
Olesz
Koivu

Defensemen:
Johnson
Suter
Phaneuf
Corburn
Barker
Kronwall
Seabrook
Meszaros
Tyutin
Staal
Grebeshkov
Whitney
Stuart
Smid
Parent

Goaltenders
Lehtonen
Toivonen
Ward
Nittymaki
Fleury
Miller
Rask
Finley
Howard
Dubnyk
Harding
Danis
Schneider
Price
Stana

Lundqvist? For Goalies...

Buffalo Stylee

Apr 4, 2004
Buffalo/Niagara
AnThGrt said:
Fowards:
2. Crosby
3. Malkin
4. Zherdev
5. Pouliot
6. Semin
7. Bobby Ryan
8. Vanek
9. Horton
10. Brown
11. Brule
12. Kopitar
13. Tukonen
14. O'Marra
15. Getzlaf

Defense
1. Johnson
2. Phaneuf
3. Suter
4. Barker
5. Babchuk
6. Thelen
7. Grebs
8. Bourdon
9. Coliacovo
10. Ballard
11. Whitney
13. Lee
14. Eminger
15. Not sure

Bobby Ryan ahead of Vanek and Brule?? I don't know about that. I like your defense list, although Eminger should probably be ahead of Lee.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Fake Plastic Sabre said:
Bobby Ryan ahead of Vanek and Brule?? I don't know about that. I like your defense list, although Eminger should probably be ahead of Lee.
Ya i dont know much about Ryan prob should of changed that as i commented though i was doing it off the top of my head and ya may of forgotten everyone its hard to keep 1000000 names in your head and know details about all of them but thx for the compliment on the defense list

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
pavel datsyuk said:
Forwards:
Crosby/Ovechkin
Malkin
Carter
Vanek
Kopitar
Ryan
Brule
Richards
Michalek
Parise
Getzlaf
Bourret
Olesz
Koivu
So Brown isnt on there after being i believe 24th this year? That also being said having a dominating season in the AHL - Surelly deserves to be there before Richards, Michalek, Getzlaf, Parise, Bourret, Olesz, Koivu and Tukonen should come before some of those too

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
AnThGrt said:
Fowards:
2. Crosby
3. Malkin
4. Zherdev
5. Pouliot
6. Semin
7. Bobby Ryan
8. Vanek
9. Horton
10. Brown
11. Brule
12. Kopitar
13. Tukonen
14. O'Marra
15. Getzlaf

Defense
1. Johnson
2. Phaneuf
3. Suter
4. Barker
5. Babchuk
6. Thelen
7. Grebs
8. Bourdon
9. Coliacovo
10. Ballard
11. Whitney
13. Lee
14. Eminger
15. Not sure

Golies
1. Lehtonen
2. Fleury
3. Price
4. Toivonen
5. Rask
6. Oullet
7. Bryzgalov
8. Montoya

Not sure about last two golies and i'm sure some of my rankings are off but i think this is somewhat correct - Tryed doing everything off the top of my mind so may of missed someone here or there or miss ranked

No Marc Staal on defense? I think your overrating Coliacovo. I'd prefer to have Andrej Meszaros. On offense I'd put Brule ahead of Brown.

GnomE

Mar 17, 2005
I don't see any reason why BArker is ranked ahead of Whitney. At least I find it amusing that in everybody's list, he is ranked more than five spots ahead of Whitney.

Last edited:

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
TheCoach said:
No Marc Staal on defense? I think your overrating Coliacovo. I'd prefer to have Andrej Meszaros. On offense I'd put Brule ahead of Brown.
There ya go i knew i'd forget someone ya Staal should be on there once again i did it off the top of my head my apology atleast i tried

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
AnThGrt said:
So Brown isnt on there after being i believe 24th this year? That also being said having a dominating season in the AHL - Surelly deserves to be there before Richards, Michalek, Getzlaf, Parise, Bourret, Olesz, Koivu and Tukonen should come before some of those too
You are complaining that Tukonen isn't in the top 15 forwards prospect list? Thats pretty funny stuff.Some people would rather Parise, Richards, Michalek and Getzlaf over Brown....live with it.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Jason MacIsaac said:
You are complaining that Tukonen isn't in the top 15 forwards prospect list? Thats pretty funny stuff.Some people would rather Parise, Richards, Michalek and Getzlaf over Brown....live with it.
Look at the current top 50 and you'll see them there

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
AnThGrt said:
Look at the current top 50 and you'll see them there
This list was put out mid november....the people on the committee had that list done before this season, before Tukonen stunk at the under 20 and had an average season. The HF list isn't the end all of lists also, many people and scouts would have a huge difference in opinions....you need to learn that.

Randall Graves*

Draft Guru said:
Why do people always ask other people to do the work for them? :dunno:
why should I pretend to know so much about prospects? I am just asking for the opinions of others who probably know more than I do.

whats the problem with that?

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Jason MacIsaac said:
This list was put out mid november....the people on the committee had that list done before this season, before Tukonen stunk at the under 20 and had an average season. The HF list isn't the end all of lists also, many people and scouts would have a huge difference in opinions....you need to learn that.

Hold on Jason...

You're meaning to tell the good readers of HF that it is conceivable that there could be wildly differing opinions about a player and that rankings of a list of prospects are often not the same?

I won't believe it. I simply won't believe it.

time

Feb 26, 2005
Suter > Phaneuf?!

Johnson
Suter
Phaneuf
Corburn
Barker
Kronwall
Seabrook
Meszaros
Tyutin
Staal
Grebeshkov
Whitney
Stuart
Smid
Parent

So, a guy who dominates the blueline for two straight WJCs is ranked lower than a draft prospect and a peer whom he consistently outshone?

Until proven otherwise, Dion is the best defenceman outside the NHL. The D-list starts with him.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
time said:
Johnson
Suter
Phaneuf
Corburn
Barker
Kronwall
Seabrook
Meszaros
Tyutin
Staal
Grebeshkov
Whitney
Stuart
Smid
Parent

So, a guy who dominates the blueline for two straight WJCs is ranked lower than a draft prospect and a peer whom he consistently outshone?

Until proven otherwise, Dion is the best defenceman outside the NHL. The D-list starts with him.

Fair point on Johnson, but how has Phaneuf consistently outshone Ryan Suter? I don't see it. While Phaneuf was playing in the WHL, Suter was playing exceptionally well at the AHL level.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
pavel datsyuk said:
Forwards:
Crosby/Ovechkin
Malkin
Carter
Vanek
Kopitar
Ryan
Brule
Richards
Michalek
Parise
Getzlaf
Bourret
Olesz
Koivu

Defensemen:
Johnson
Suter
Phaneuf
Corburn
Barker
Kronwall
Seabrook
Meszaros
Tyutin
Staal
Grebeshkov
Whitney
Stuart
Smid
Parent

Goaltenders
Lehtonen
Toivonen
Ward
Nittymaki
Fleury
Miller
Rask
Finley
Howard
Dubnyk
Harding
Danis
Schneider
Price
Stana

Meszaros is there and Colaiacovo is not? :eek:

byeyimini

Sep 10, 2002
Visit site
huh ?

Draft Guru said:
Why do people always ask other people to do the work for them? :dunno:

why would you respond like this ? you're a moderator here...

I thought the purpose of this board was to solicit the opinions of others with questions exactly like this. You’re a grump…

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Matt MacInnis said:
Hold on Jason...

You're meaning to tell the good readers of HF that it is conceivable that there could be wildly differing opinions about a player and that rankings of a list of prospects are often not the same?

I won't believe it. I simply won't believe it.
Well believe this.....Zajac > Wolski.....your list sucks ;)

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Jason MacIsaac said:
Well this just shows how little you know about you comments based on Tukonen and your voice should be ignored. If you look first at the under 20 he stunk you said he was second for star points on his team. Might not of put up the points yet he hit the post 7 times in that tournament one inch further and that would of been 7 goals. As for an average season he doubled his production from last year if that isn't an improvement please tell me what is // Obviously there are different opinions i was just stated what "More advised" people wrote

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
AnThGrt said:
Well this just shows how little you know about you comments based on Tukonen and your voice should be ignored. If you look first at the under 20 he stunk you said he was second for star points on his team. Might not of put up the points yet he hit the post 7 times in that tournament one inch further and that would of been 7 goals. As for an average season he doubled his production from last year if that isn't an improvement please tell me what is // Obviously there are different opinions i was just stated what "More advised" people wrote
I couldn't care less if he had 100 posts in 1 season.....whats the good of hitting posts? 6 points in 42 games then this season 10 points in 43........he added 4 points to his 2003/04 totals......I guess you would be hyped if he went from 1 point to 3.....that means he tripled his totals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad