Pre-Game Talk: Rangers vs Toronto Friday October 30 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@PLeonardNYDN: #NYR top six back to normal here in Greenburgh: Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello, Kreider-Stepan-Fast ... Stalberg on ice but Etem still in lineup”

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Someone needs to give Kreider a kick in the ass to wake him up. There's no excuse for him to not be trying to go to the net against the Leafs defense

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@jonasTSN1050: Jonathan Bernier first goalie off the ice at Leafs practice. Suggests he'll start in New York tomorrow with James Reimer to follow Saturday.”

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Praying for Rick Nash and Kreider to gain some points this coming game. Plsssss. Tbh though I'm happy we haven't sucked in the first month or so of the season.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@HartnettHockey: #NYR head coach Alain Vigneault says Viktor Stalberg has been cleared to play, but Emerson Etem will dress against the #Leafs.”

McDonagh27

Aug 3, 2005
Canada
“@HartnettHockey: #NYR head coach Alain Vigneault says Viktor Stalberg has been cleared to play, but Emerson Etem will dress against the #Leafs.”

At the expense of Stalberg? Another weird move by AV if so. I would sit someone like Stoll (to give him a rest, not because of bad play) against the Leafs before I sat Stalberg.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
At the expense of Stalberg? Another weird move by AV if so. I would sit someone like Stoll against the Leafs before I sat Stalberg.

I wouldn't say it's weird. This was his first practice with the team since Saturday, so AV just wants to give him another practice before he goes back to the regular lineup. I'd certainly want to make sure Stalberg is back to 100% before going against the Caps on Tuesday...

It also allows another look at Etem in a regular season game. I too would sit Stoll over Stalberg, but in this case, with what happened, I'd feel fine with sitting Stalberg for one more game. It's not like Stoll is an absolute detriment to the team. He's playing well.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
I wouldn't say it's weird. This was his first practice with the team since Saturday, so AV just wants to give him another practice before he goes back to the regular lineup. I'd certainly want to make sure Stalberg is back to 100% before going against the Caps on Tuesday...

It also allows another look at Etem in a regular season game. I too would sit Stoll over Stalberg, but in this case, with what happened, I'd feel fine with sitting Stalberg for one more game. It's not like Stoll is an absolute detriment to the team. He's playing well.
Some people calling Stoll a corpse are out to lunch because he's played great for us. Stoll and Moore are the best 4th line combo we've had since boyle and moore.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville

It also allows another look at Etem in a regular season game.

Completely agree, and the coaches are interested in what Etem can do when given more time. I think AV said something along those lines after waiving Glass. This is the time. We're playing the sorry Leafs (hope I didn't just jinx us by saying that), and Staalberg will have a bit more time to get his head together. I don't see anything wrong with this at all.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
It would be great if that top 6 could get going cause we could have a bottom 6 of

Lindberg-Hayes-Miller
Stalberg-Stoll-Moore

Don't like Stalberg on the 4th line, but someone has to play there.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Stalberg or Fast might be a toss up. Both are miles ahead of Miller though. Stalberg leads all forwards in GF% while Fast is 3rd among forwards in that category.

Tanner Glass has a 100% GF%!...on for 0 goals against...GOAT

GF% at this juncture means nothing. The sample size for Stalberg is 6 goals and for Fast 4 goals....neglible.

We're talking about offensive talent here btw

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Tanner Glass has a 100% GF%!...on for 0 goals against...GOAT

GF% at this juncture means nothing. The sample size for Stalberg is 6 goals and for Fast 4 goals....neglible.

We're talking about offensive talent here btw

Well, it's easy to contribute on offense if you are just waiting in the neutral zone for the puck all the time. What worries me, is that Miller has an even +/- while Lindberg (+6) and Stalberg (+5) have much better numbers. Those are the guys he played with for most of the season so far. Explain that.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
We should get Stalberg AND Etem in the lineup. Scratch Stoll, he hasn't done anything.

I still want to see Kreider-Stepan-Nash as the 1st line.

McDonagh27

Aug 3, 2005
Canada
Some people calling Stoll a corpse are out to lunch because he's played great for us. Stoll and Moore are the best 4th line combo we've had since boyle and moore.

I am far from calling Stoll a corpse. I had wanted to mention that I did not advocating sitting Stoll because he has played badly, but my post was quoted before the edit had been made. It's the old injury rule.. you shouldn't lose your spot because of injury. If he's cleared to play, Stalberg has played well enough so far to be thrown back in to the lineup. Either way, it's great to have him back healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad