Pre-Game Talk: Rangers vs Toronto Friday October 30 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Just because he hasn't put up points doesn't mean he hasn't done anything. Stoll has been great for us so far. Doing all the little things right and being criminally underrated.

Agreed, Moore-Stoll duo on the 4th line is exactly what we need. It's very similar to the Moore-Boyle duo.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Come playoff time i think they'll be our best line IMO.

Well the third line aswell. We're very deep this year im loving it.

Our depth was the 2nd biggest reason why we went to the finals 2 years ago, and if we can get there again it will be just as important.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Disagree about Stoll. I don't think he's been good enough to warrant keeping the young Etem out of the lineup.

Certainly hasn't been noticeably bad, but here's a perfect opportunity to get Etem in the lineup.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
We should have signed him instead of diaz for sure

We were up against the cap. Hunwick cost too much and was better than a #7 on many teams.

Leafs are paying him $1.2 mil/yr for 2 years and giving him a Top 4 role.

This could never have happenned with the Rangers. Hunwick is right where he wants/needs to be, getting more opportunity and making more money than he could have with the Rangers.

Happy for Hunwick. The Leafs are playing him over 20 minutes a game, and he played 27:23 in the Buffalo game last week. He was +2 before their last game and fell back to Even +/- after the Yotes game. Not bad, really.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm celebrating 50,000 posts today and I really wanted it to just be the picture of Hank making smoothies.

TSGPoVE.png

But I also want to thank HFNYR for an amazing 50k and for putting up with me. We don't always agree but there's no place I'd rather be :heart::towel:

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT
Stoll has been very good for us despite not scoring goals (he should have 1, but the refs ****ed up huge). His 65.5% faceoff percentage is a huge benefit and has helped us be the 4th best faceoff team so far (up from 29th last year) and has been very good at penalty killing and in the defensive zone.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I don't think Stoll has been bad but I'd have no issues scratching him for Etem if it warrants it.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
If anything, one of Hayes or Miller deserves a seat, not Stoll.

Maybe, but I'd rather them play through early season struggles than sit.

Miller has been good other than his mindless giveaways. I don't think benching him helps cure that.

member 116805

We were up against the cap. Hunwick cost too much and was better than a #7 on many teams.

Leafs are paying him $1.2 mil/yr for 2 years and giving him a Top 4 role.

This could never have happenned with the Rangers. Hunwick is right where he wants/needs to be, getting more opportunity and making more money than he could have with the Rangers.

Happy for Hunwick. The Leafs are playing him over 20 minutes a game, and he played 27:23 in the Buffalo game last week. He was +2 before their last game and fell back to Even +/- after the Yotes game. Not bad, really.

Ouch, didn't realize he got that much money from them.
Good for him, nice player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad