Post-Game Talk: Rangers VS Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I cannot believe the inaccurate over reaction to Copley's game.
How many lucky goals did the Rangers get? What could he have done on at least half of them?!
Ridiculous comments by a whole bunch of people.

Game was all over the place. That happens sometimes.
What the hell was the ref doing when the jersey went over Niskanen's head? Get in there you idiot?
How was that not a blatant interference when Wilson was fore-checking hard and the defender literally skated in front of him deliberately so Wilson wouldnt hit his partner...
Jensen is great. Poise, skill and speed is a great combo for a defender. Will surpass Niskanen I agree.
Burky continues to shine. I called it a month ago that he looked very different. I'd only move him for Stone. His purposeful skating is so noticeable now too.
Good to see Nicky bounce back.
The Ovi shadow is something we need to work on in practice. We did ok with possession but I think we can do better still in those scenarios, and they WILL happen in the playoffs.
Change the goal to Ovi please :)
We shouldn't complain about the officials. I thought we got away with a lot this game.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Jensen is great. Poise, skill and speed is a great combo for a defender. Will surpass Niskanen I agree.

I think Jensen will work out great for you guys. He is not flashy and don't expect a lot of offense. But, he can clear the zone quickly and keep you on the offense. He has greatly simplified his game, which means he will seldom make a rush with the puck. He will play solid for years to come.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Okay that was 92s goal. I don't really care about the 6-5 score because the Rangers had 100 lucky bounces but this team has PROBLEMS closing out games. They have given up EIGHT goals with the goalie pulled. That is unacceptable.

I think it's a by-product of Reirden playing top-6 players to close out games. It was cute at first and it's nice to see Ovi pot a few empty netters but all-in-all this experiment needs to stop.

Eight goals with opposition goalie pulled. That's ridiculous.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Orpik is the Caps best crease defender. Jensen was good though.

I saw 3 really weird goals. The two hail Mary's from the blue line and the deflection off the skate. How is Copley getting blamed for that?

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
:laugh:
Copley all game:

OAaRV.gif
Hmm so you're implying Copley's glove hand was a bit slow? :snide:

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Their biggest need right now is fixing Orlov-Niskanen. It's untenable and I don't know what you do about it because both players have been bad individually and really bad together.

I guess you can just reduce both Orlov's and Niskanen's minutes and increase Orpik's and Jensen's minutes but is that really going to be enough? I'd like to see a 9-3 pairing at some point and see what happens.

Fixing Kuzy is another issue because his play away from the puck is putrid. Hopefully this is just a matter of effort and he'll straighten it out down the stretch because as we have heard from his comments he's less than committed for the full 82 games.

I think you move Burakovsky only if there is a deal for a legit top 6 player coming back in return. Stone, Kreider, etc. Don't trade him away for like Luke Glendenning or some other fringe player.

Maybe Orpik can b***** slap Kuznetsov with some leadership. Something's gotta give. We would have had an easier time in this game if Kuznetsov wasn't in the lineup. That just cannot be the case.

As for Niskanen/Orlov, maybe one of them can get 'injured' for a game or 3.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Orpik is the Caps best crease defender. Jensen was good though.

I saw 3 really weird goals. The two hail Mary's from the blue line and the deflection off the skate. How is Copley getting blamed for that?
Definitely some lucky bounces the Rags way but come on man, the one hit him right in the side of the head. Gotta have that one. The other hailmary should have been stopped too. The skate deflection and the Haglin stick deflection weren't really his deal though. Although the skate deflection probably could have been stopped if his stick was on the ice since the initial shot was low. He definitely didn't have one of his better games but we won despite that and that's how this team did it last year, find a way to win.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Maybe Orpik can b***** slap Kuznetsov with some leadership. Something's gotta give. We would have had an easier time in this game if Kuznetsov wasn't in the lineup. That just cannot be the case.

As for Niskanen/Orlov, maybe one of them can get 'injured' for a game or 3.

I’m all for being critical, but I think we can stay away from hoping our own players get hurt.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I’m all for being critical, but I think we can stay away from hoping our own players get hurt.

I meant healthy scratched while we all pretend they are injured. Thus the quotation marks.

Why the hell would I wish for one of our players to get injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad