Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff spicoli

Nov 27, 2005
FYI to the guys who are Captain level of seniority. After the talk of the Legends happy hour a few days back, I reached out to my rep to see if they were doing a Captain level happy hour this year and he said yes and the e-mail should be going out about them soon.

@patnyrnyg - I seem to remember you saying you went to the one before the Leafs game last year? I went to the same one and was similarly underwhelmed. The highlights were the hat and concession voucher giveaways. We'll see what this year brings.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
FYI to the guys who are Captain level of seniority. After the talk of the Legends happy hour a few days back, I reached out to my rep to see if they were doing a Captain level happy hour this year and he said yes and the e-mail should be going out about them soon.

@patnyrnyg - I seem to remember you saying you went to the one before the Leafs game last year? I went to the same one and was similarly underwhelmed. The highlights were the hat and concession voucher giveaways. We'll see what this year brings.
Captain turn was given a choice of the Leafs or the Hawks. I believe I went to the Hawks. I remember getting a hat and a food voucher. It was open bar and light apps and there was a Q&A towards the end with Eddie O, Duguay, and a few others. It was fine.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Does anyone know what the 20 year seniority gift is?
and if they count the log out years towards tenure?

jeff spicoli

Nov 27, 2005
Captain turn was given a choice of the Leafs or the Hawks. I believe I went to the Hawks. I remember getting a hat and a food voucher. It was open bar and light apps and there was a Q&A towards the end with Eddie O, Duguay, and a few others. It was fine.

I just remember the one before the Leafs game being ridiculously crowded. It was tough to get to the food and even tougher to get to the bar.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Did you go to one the year before at Jack Doyle's? Before a Bruins game? As Spicoli said, the event before the Leafs game was a disaster. Lines to get to the bar were ridiculous, and I do not like having to stalk the waitstaff to get food. The event the year before was great.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

Correct. And, I think I gave the hat away. Highlight was the concession vouchers.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Random question for y’all - I was at the garden tonight and asked rangers reps about pricing for prorated full season and partial plans for this year. The prices they quoted me were borderline criminal - almost $200 per ticket per game in the upper bowl, and more in the lower bowls. Meanwhile, I can get most games on ticketmaster, Stubhub, and even on here from you all for considerably less. Am I missing something or is Dolan just having a laugh at this point? How are they getting any new subscribers at this point?
Unfortunately HF Boards destroyed all our data when they upgraded the site code. I will try to reconstruct, especially after the renewal info comes out shortly. But just a few things to keep in mind in the upper bowl, the first row is sold as a premium location for a huge markup to everything else, and those tend to be the only seats available to buy because they are such a terrible value. Row 2 is also a premium but not as extreme. The next tier is rows 3-14 and the last tier is rows 15 up to the back barstools.

Full season are the best value, but the Rangers do not want to sell them anymore because they sell the same seats in partial plans at up to a 50% markup and even more individually at the box office. The main thing you need to understand is that by virtue of location and facilities, MSG is no longer about sports. The Knicks and Rangers are an entertainment offering, like with Broadway shows. Most of my sales come from around the world in places like Australia, England, Germany, Spain. The people who pay these prices are tourists upstairs and corporations downstairs. Majority of the crowd is no longer the average hockey fan except when there is a bona fide big game and the season ticket holders actually come out instead of selling

jeff spicoli

Nov 27, 2005
Does anyone know what the 20 year seniority gift is?
and if they count the log out years towards tenure?

I got a glass puck (4 years ago) that has the logo and says 'True Blue for 20 years'. No personalization.

Underwhelming.

I just got the invite for the Captain tenure event. 3/12 or 3/26. It also says I am a ticket holder for 21 years, so I will be reaching out to my rep as I don't think they sent me anything for 20 years.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I just got the invite for the Captain tenure event. 3/12 or 3/26. It also says I am a ticket holder for 21 years, so I will be reaching out to my rep as I don't think they sent me anything for 20 years.
this is from the renewal period in march 2014:

m5SxSUI.jpg

from 2011:
XqdpHyU.jpg

Last edited:

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
What a joke! 40 years to get a photo on the ice and 50 years for the pre game penalty box. I am a Knicks STH for 3 years and I can get a photo on the court (when its available) and access to the pre game shoot around. So glad this will be my last season as a NYR STH. Unbelievable.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Dolan's schtick is not raising prices if the team misses the playoffs. But how could they know if they make you renew super early

It was so long ago, and I don't remember, but anyone remember how it worked when we missed on the last day of the season?

Were we already renewed before the regular season ended, only thing I remember from that season is actually declining potential playoff tickets.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
This was going to be my last year, but now that I see that I can get amazing, once in a lifetime, pregame penalty box experience, I might just suck it up for another 32 years.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
What a joke! 40 years to get a photo on the ice and 50 years for the pre game penalty box. I am a Knicks STH for 3 years and I can get a photo on the court (when its available) and access to the pre game shoot around. So glad this will be my last season as a NYR STH. Unbelievable.
I got a photo on the ice for being STH of the game. It's actually pretty nice.

My grandson loves the pins. Since they send multiples, he has a Garden Faithful and True Blue pin on his jersey. Calls it his jewelry.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
New York State is giving $6 Million to the Nassau Coliseum to renovate the locker rooms and add broadcasting infrastructure so the Islanders can split their games there for the next 3 seasons

WTF Cuomo

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
New York State is giving $6 Million to the Nassau Coliseum to renovate the locker rooms and add broadcasting infrastructure so the Islanders can split their games there for the next 3 seasons

WTF Cuomo

I don't know how NYI is going to handle season tickets when they're playing half their games at Barclays and half NVMC. If you live in the city and most likely don't have a car, are you really going to trek out to NVMC? How do they split up the seats? It just seems like a logistical nightmare.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad