Tickets: Rangers Season Ticket Holder Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
If they can pull it off, it will be incredible.
Compared to how things looked just 2 weeks ago, the season is already a huge success in my eyes. Can't waste this opportunity, though. A chance to make the finals and win doesn't happen too often.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Surprised so many people are willing to sell ECF/SCF tickets. If the Rangers win tonight to go up 3-0, wouldn't you love to be there to see them possibly make it to the finals? Of course a profit is great, but is it worth it?

Well, that is why I sold game 3 of this series and next. Too much money to go to every game. Tonight I sold to one of my regulars for face, so just got the 10% rebate. The Finals I made money. But, I made money on some earlier games so that I went to game 5 against the Flyers, game 4 against Montreal and even game 6 of this series if it goes that far for free, plus a $50 profit.

cjc5103

Jan 21, 2013
Washington DC
As far as I'm concerned, 0 tickets released for tonights game so far. Was hoping for a drop on ticketmaster since I'm in town but no luck.

Likely no chance for the Sunday game as well.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
These prices are crazy. I posted my Row 2 galleries in 221 for $650/ticket thinking nobody would pay that. I was wrong. Guess I'm sitting in 217 on Sunday. If we manage to win this series the SCF pricing is going to be nuts.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Easier said then done. There is a wait list for any pair in the 200s. I tried myself to get a full season this year and they offered me singles up top or a pair in the lowers.

That is what is crazy about this rd and possibly next...... First round and 2nd round I went for near face value. Now if I want to go anywhere Im paying 4x face.

I think it has alot to do with ticketmaster also, they haven't been dropping anything this rd and they did a ton for rd 1 and 2

You should definitely have taken the singles in the 200s up high, that's actually an amazing entry in. You just suck it up for one year, then in the upgrade phase you can put the two seats together in the 200s and you have a shot at adding a second pair. I'm surprised they even had singles in the upper bowl for new business, usually they'll only offer you lower bowl

AHB*

You should definitely have taken the singles in the 200s up high, that's actually an amazing entry in. You just suck it up for one year, then in the upgrade phase you can put the two seats together in the 200s and you have a shot at adding a second pair. I'm surprised they even had singles in the upper bowl for new business, usually they'll only offer you lower bowl

Exactly. I took the lower bowl and am vying for full season upper bowl this year.

I got it for the playoffs but we'll see what the regular season holds.

nyhockeyfan

Apr 9, 2014
Is the SCF schedule like the the playoff schedule in that they are based on season points and the first two games will be in the west, then two in the east, etc. I thought that was the case but recently heard that the SCF final schedule is different.

Also, is there any further news on the dates? I know there were tentative announcements but haven't been able to find out anything more.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Is the SCF schedule like the the playoff schedule in that they are based on season points and the first two games will be in the west, then two in the east, etc. I thought that was the case but recently heard that the SCF final schedule is different.

Also, is there any further news on the dates? I know there were tentative announcements but haven't been able to find out anything more.

Yes, most reg season points gets home-ice. Rangers won't have home ice if they win.

Schedule wont be set until these series are over. If both end in 5, it will likely start next weekend. If one goes longer, then sometime next week.

Blueshirt Special

Shady Brey
Feb 28, 2007
NJ
www.linespeedconsulting.com
2006 playoff prices

Cleaning out some old files in my office and came across the 2006 playoff invoice:

Old section 302 Regular season was $46.00 per seat (Now sec 227, this year my reg season seats were $76.00)

Round 1 $54.00 per seat (this year $96.00)

Round 2 $60.00 per seat (this year $136.00)

Round 3 $65.00 per seat (this year $176.00) 21% higher than Round 1 vs 90% higher than Round 1

No price for SCF round as they dealt with that seperately back then.

As you can see the % jump is much higher now in addition to a much higher starting point.

Back then I went to every playoff game and would never consider selling. Now I sell strategically based on how far I honestly think they will go.

BIG difference.

Last edited:

CarlosDanger

Beast Mode
Aug 29, 2013
'Merica
I hit the print at home option online so i could save and upload the ticket PDF for stubhub. I then sold the tickets direct to someone and transferred them and cancelled the stubhub listing. How does that work? Are the barcodes I have at home on my computer just voided out?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I hit the print at home option online so i could save and upload the ticket PDF for stubhub. I then sold the tickets direct to someone and transferred them and cancelled the stubhub listing. How does that work? Are the barcodes I have at home on my computer just voided out?

If you used the "transfer" option, the recipient gets a new barcode that is not shared with you and any barcode on your hard stubs or previously PDF printed tickets are now invalid.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Question for those that get hard tickets-- can you still transfer and print them online? And if you select those options, are the hard tickets automatically invalid?

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Cleaning out some old files in my office and came across the 2006 playoff invoice:

Old section 302 Regular season was $46.00 per seat (Now sec 227, this year my reg season seats were $76.00)

Round 1 $54.00 per seat (this year $96.00)

Round 2 $60.00 per seat (this year $136.00)

Round 3 $65.00 per seat (this year $176.00) 21% higher than Round 1 vs 90% higher than Round 1

No price for SCF round as they dealt with that seperately back then.

As you can see the % jump is much higher now in addition to a much higher starting point.

Back then I went to every playoff game and would never consider selling. Now I sell strategically based on how far I honestly think they will go.

BIG difference.

I find the fact that the percentage jump went up so much since 2006 very interesting. I believe I read somewhere that the playoff prices are set by the NHL. I might have read it here and am not sure of its accuracy but going from a 21% jump to a 90% jump is crazy.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Question for those that get hard tickets-- can you still transfer and print them online? And if you select those options, are the hard tickets automatically invalid?

Yes and Yes.

Not so fast - if we're talking hard season tickets, then when you "print" from your online account the PDF barcodes are the same as your hard tickets. You can generate new barcodes and cancelling the hard ticket barcodes by checking off that option when you print or by transferring to someone.

If you're talking hard tickets bought on ticketmaster, then there is a transfer option online and whoever you transfer to will get new barcodes that are are different from your hard tickets

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Not so fast - if we're talking hard season tickets, then when you "print" from your online account the PDF barcodes are the same as your hard tickets. You can generate new barcodes and cancelling the hard ticket barcodes by checking off that option when you print or by transferring to someone.

If you're talking hard tickets bought on ticketmaster, then there is a transfer option online and whoever you transfer to will get new barcodes that are are different from your hard tickets

I always thought when you printed them from our accounts, the hard tickets were of no use.

JJJAAAMMM

May 22, 2014
I have tickets to the lounges for tomorrow's game. Anyone watch a game from there before? What can I expect.

edit: sorry just realized i posted this in the wrong place.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I have tickets to the lounges for tomorrow's game. Anyone watch a game from there before? What can I expect.

Is it a party or open admission? If there's no party then it's nothing special just regular seats up high at the ends. With a private event then they have food & beverage stations with the catering package. There's a few lounge seats there and some place to stretch your legs. No private bathrooms

JJJAAAMMM

May 22, 2014
Is it a party or open admission? If there's no party then it's nothing special just regular seats up high at the ends. With a private event then they have food & beverage stations with the catering package. There's a few lounge seats there and some place to stretch your legs. No private bathrooms

I am actually not sure, I don't have the the tickets in hand yet, but I was told free food and beverages.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I am actually not sure, I don't have the the tickets in hand yet, but I was told free food and beverages.

It wouldn't say on the tickets, but basically the lounge seats are separated into like 50 seat sections. They're either booked for groups with the catering package and a sign at the front or they're sold individually on ticketmaster with no extras

JJJAAAMMM

May 22, 2014
Im just happy to be in the building, ha. I hope the view of the ice is okay. Not sure what to expect, but either way it is going be an experience.

phillyb

Jan 21, 2014
hello all...considering 14-15 season as my first to be a STH.
is it feasible to just get the least expensive ticket in the garden (400s back rows) for a full season?
it seems like that'd be the least expensive option, which eventually will drives decision.
i read the first 20 some pages of this thread and it seemed like as a new STH, most people were saying they put you in the lower bowl...really?
i would definitely not be able to afford that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce