Recalled/Assigned: Rangers Recall Matthew Robertson from Hartford

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Im sick of the “mental health” days off bs. Why and when did we start allowing this? Youre getting paid $3mm+ a year, put your gear on, shut your mouth and get out there
A high salary does not make someone immune from being human. If Miller took a leave of absence for “unspecified personal reasons” no one would or should bat an eye, so why does it matter if he attaches mental health to it.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
After his last poor performance, Jones won't see the ice as a Ranger again.
Don't toy w/me that's too much to hope for

I don't get the mentally hurt thing, but kids today are cut from a much softer cloth than I appreciate.

But I'm old. What do I know.
Welcome to the club.

His last shift led to a turnover by him and a goal against. He didn't see the ice the rest of that game.

I don't think Lavi puts him in the lineup again.

He's the new Hajek.
Eh, remember Hajek's first 4 games he played like an All Star.
Then he injured his shoulder, and could never recover.
Which is not what you'd expect, maybe a knee or something around the eyes.
But all it takes is something in exactly the wrong place...

For the love of all that is holy

LISTEN TO BERN AND PLAY THIS KID

rant
rant
still more rant

ok, end rant .. for now...

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Robertson is wearing #44 and is on the ice for morning skate.
#44 eh?

F3NQmxmXwAAm6Tn

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
A high salary does not make someone immune from being human. If Miller took a leave of absence for “unspecified personal reasons” no one would or should bat an eye, so why does it matter if he attaches mental health to it.
Thats fine but playing professional sports is a privilege, it is not a right. Youre held to a different performance standard and expected to push through issues.

If he doesnt want to, he doesn't need to play hockey, thats fine. We’re not talking about a college TA, we’re talking about a 6’5, 23 year old who is dating a model and playing professional sports in NYC while making millions. Sorry if I have a tough time feeling for him

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Thats fine but playing professional sports is a privilege, it is not a right. Youre held to a different performance standard and expected to push through issues.

If he doesnt want to, he doesn't need to play hockey, thats fine. We’re not talking about a college TA, we’re talking about a 6’5, 23 year old who is dating a model and playing professional sports in NYC while making millions. Sorry if I have a tough time feeling for him
Every job is a privilege, not a right. You and I take PTO when we need. Ultimately it’s up to the organization whether Miller or any other player’s juice is worth the squeeze. I don’t judge Miller for doing what he needs to do to be his best at his job.

Reactions: klingsor

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Every job is a privilege, not a right. You and I take PTO when we need. Ultimately it’s up to the organization whether Miller or any other player’s juice is worth the squeeze. I don’t judge Miller for doing what he needs to do to be his best at his job.
Me and you dont have 5 months straight of pto. Respectfully.

Lets not get to the point where we make excuses and feel bad for professional athletes who are sad

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

I don't even know what that assertion means in this context. It's capitalism, the entertainment industry. If he shows up he gets paid, otherwise there are stipulations in the contract to address long-term leave of absences. All negotiated by lawyers, like pretty much any other business.

It's not the military or some emergency service industry where people can come to harm if you don't show up to work.

A professional athlete (entertainment) isn't going to be expected to push through issues any more than a host on "The Voice" or Steve Harvey

Reactions: Baby Duck Homme

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Me and you dont have 5 months straight of pto. Respectfully.

Lets not get to the point where we make excuses and feel bad for professional athletes who are sad
I don't recall "sadness" being classified as a mental illness.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I don't know why we just don't give Robertson a start
I had high hopes for Robertson when I first saw him in Traverse City....but it seems to me that he's made very progress in his development since then. Someone here commented on the fact that he'd been injured, but all in all he's really done nothing to warrant a starting assignment except in an absolute emergency.

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
It’s a 32 team league. In your world there must be trades every day.
Nope. I'm simply tired of the same players offering up half assed efforts every.....single....game.

It's clear there are a bunch of dudes on this team that are either cooked as professionals or flat out don't care. We've seen this for three seasons running now and it is time to complete gut this trash roster.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
They called up Robertson last week for the game in St Louis when Trouba was a Game-time decision due to his wife givnig birth.

This time, the precaution seems more likely an injury/flu case for one of our D-men.

he NHL and NHL Players Association started the player assistance program in 1996. The jointly funded program assists players and their families with mental health, substance abuse and other matters.

While substance abuse is the most common reason, it's not the only thing the program can be used for.
Yeah. Maybe a reset would help Miller like it (appears to have) helped Kakko an hopefully Chytil.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Nope. I'm simply tired of the same players offering up half assed efforts every.....single....game.

It's clear there are a bunch of dudes on this team that are either cooked as professionals or flat out don't care. We've seen this for three seasons running now and it is time to complete gut this trash roster.
We’re 5th in the league in that time frame. Your poor eyes.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I'd like to see him get a game in on Tuesday night. Just don't put him with Trouba.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00