Recalled/Assigned: Rangers Recall Matthew Robertson from Hartford

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Reporters like Peter Baugh and Dan Rosen are calling this a precautionary move. They already have Zac Jones as the spare. I don't remember calling up another defenseman to have in the press box while Jones drew in in the event someone else got hurt (or has the shits). Hard to keep track of that sometimes.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Who is hurt that would necessitate Jones in and Robertson up?

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
There’s more than a few candidates for a healthy scratch….and a kick in the ass!

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Reporters like Peter Baugh and Dan Rosen are calling this a precautionary move. They already have Zac Jones as the spare. I don't remember calling up another defenseman to have in the press box while Jones drew in in the event someone else got hurt (or has the shits). Hard to keep track of that sometimes.

They called up Robertson last week for the game in St Louis when Trouba was a Game-time decision due to his wife givnig birth.

This time, the precaution seems more likely an injury/flu case for one of our D-men.

Isn't that for players who are suffering from substance abuse?

he NHL and NHL Players Association started the player assistance program in 1996. The jointly funded program assists players and their families with mental health, substance abuse and other matters.

While substance abuse is the most common reason, it's not the only thing the program can be used for.

Reactions: egelband and Kendo

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
I'm not into any more 'mental re-sets' at this point. This team has played like collective dogshit since they lost to the Lightning. It's time to start trading or cutting some people. In anyone else's job performance like this would get you fired. So let's start firing.

The sheer and utter laziness on display every night is a reflection on no one other than the players themselves. Guys like Kreider, Zibs, Trouba....they just need to be gone. Cleanse the locker room and deal with the cap consequences later. They had the opportunity to burn this whole thing down and in the time honored tradition of RangerLand chose half measures instead. And now they have half a team at best.

And as far as Laviolette goes if the team has to be so maximally controlled scheme wise that they need to follow such a strict plan to simply win a few games then the roster just isn't set up to succeed and should be liquidated.

Everyone
Must
Go.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
it's a west coast trip, with a 3 in 4
i am not reading too much into it

but the way they've performed last 8 weeks, a trade won't stun me

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I'm not into any more 'mental re-sets' at this point. This team has played like collective dogshit since they lost to the Lightning. It's time to start trading or cutting some people. In anyone else's job performance like this would get you fired. So let's start firing.

The sheer and utter laziness on display every night is a reflection on no one other than the players themselves. Guys like Kreider, Zibs, Trouba....they just need to be gone. Cleanse the locker room and deal with the cap consequences later. They had the opportunity to burn this whole thing down and in the time honored tradition of RangerLand chose half measures instead. And now they have half a team at best.

And as far as Laviolette goes if the team has to be so maximally controlled scheme wise that they need to follow such a strict plan to simply win a few games then the roster just isn't set up to succeed and should be liquidated.

Everyone
Must
Go.
It’s a 32 team league. In your world there must be trades every day.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I don't get the mentally hurt thing, but kids today are cut from a much softer cloth than I appreciate.

But I'm old. What do I know.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3