Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 5.29.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
What’s Howden’s floor and what’s his ceiling? Any players currently you can drawn comparisons to?

There are several guys he reminds me of - personally I see a bit of a young Stoll in him. I’ve seen a little bit of Linden in him.

I’d his upside is at least a third line center, though I think he has a legit shot at being a top six center.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
What's the WHL record?

@The Nemesis

weird, I never got paged for this.

But to the above: yeah, the record is 108 by Ray Ferraro as stated earlier.

Ronning didn't play tonight as the Giants rested several big guns in a meaningless final game of the season, so he finishes with 61 goals (I saw #61 on Friday night in a losing effort vs Kelowna) which is good for 2nd in the WHL behind Moose Jaw's Jayden Halbgewachs (undrafted, signed by San Jose) who had 70. His 84 total points put him 24th in the league (again, Halbgewachs led the league with 129).

Halbgewachs' 70 goals was noted as being the first 70-goal WHL season sin 1998-1999 and (I feel your pain on this one..... uuuuuuuuggggghhhhhhh) Pavel Brendl.

If not for Halbgewachs, Ronning's 61 goals would've been the highest the league had seen since 2014-15 and Oliver Bjorkstrand.

He also swept basically every end-of-year award he was eligible for in the Giants' team awards ceremony, nabbing the scoring title, team MVP, +/- leader, graduating player award, humanitarian of the year, player's choice selection, and top 3 in total 3-stars nominations. It got to the point that I was joking that they should've made him just hold onto each trophy/plaque until he received them all and had to hold them up like a big shiny jenga tower while he got off the ice. :laugh:

So I'll leave the Ronning-watch for the final time in the regular season with this:

The Giants drew the Victoria Royals in the first round of the playoffs. They finished 3 points back of the Royals (84-81) and the Royals took the season series 7-3 (including 2 shootout wins and 1 overtime win. But also a couple of huge blowouts). The schedule will be:

Fri, Mar 23 - Van @ Vic
Sat, Mar 24 - Van @ Vic
Tue, Mar 27 - Vic @ Van
Wed, Mar 28 - Vic @ Van
Sat, Mar 31 - Van @ Vic*
Mon, Apr 2 - Vic @ Van*
Tue, Apr 3 - Van @ Vic*
*If Necessary

I will be at any Giants home games for sure. And I am contemplating springing for the rest of the series to watch online from the WHL Live app.

EDIT: If a poster named "Van" shows up, I apologize. By not putting a space after the @ symbol, these boards now parse it as one of those paging calls automatically. I didn't realize I did that until after I hit the post button.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
weird, I never got paged for this.

But to the above: yeah, the record is 108 by Ray Ferraro as stated earlier.

Ronning didn't play tonight as the Giants rested several big guns in a meaningless final game of the season, so he finishes with 61 goals (I saw #61 on Friday night in a losing effort vs Kelowna) which is good for 2nd in the WHL behind Moose Jaw's Jayden Halbgewachs (undrafted, signed by San Jose) who had 70. His 84 total points put him 24th in the league (again, Halbgewachs led the league with 129).

Halbgewachs' 70 goals was noted as being the first 70-goal WHL season sin 1998-1999 and (I feel your pain on this one..... uuuuuuuuggggghhhhhhh) Pavel Brendl.

If not for Halbgewachs, Ronning's 61 goals would've been the highest the league had seen since 2014-15 and Oliver Bjorkstrand.

He also swept basically every end-of-year award he was eligible for in the Giants' team awards ceremony, nabbing the scoring title, team MVP, +/- leader, graduating player award, humanitarian of the year, player's choice selection, and top 3 in total 3-stars nominations. It got to the point that I was joking that they should've made him just hold onto each trophy/plaque until he received them all and had to hold them up like a big shiny jenga tower while he got off the ice. :laugh:

So I'll leave the Ronning-watch for the final time in the regular season with this:

The Giants drew the Victoria Royals in the first round of the playoffs. They finished 3 points back of the Royals (84-81) and the Royals took the season series 7-3 (including 2 shootout wins and 1 overtime win. But also a couple of huge blowouts). The schedule will be:

Fri, Mar 23 - Van @ Vic
Sat, Mar 24 - Van @ Vic
Tue, Mar 27 - Vic @ Van
Wed, Mar 28 - Vic @ Van
Sat, Mar 31 - Van @ Vic*
Mon, Apr 2 - Vic @ Van*
Tue, Apr 3 - Van @ Vic*
*If Necessary

I will be at any Giants home games for sure. And I am contemplating springing for the rest of the series to watch online from the WHL Live app.

EDIT: If a poster named "Van" shows up, I apologize. By not putting a space after the @ symbol, these boards now parse it as one of those paging calls automatically. I didn't realize I did that until after I hit the post button.

I edited the post to include you.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
NCAA final 16 tournament just announced and Minnesota failed to be selected ending its season. The Rangers are now eligible to sign Ryan Lindgren to a contract for next year and an ATO contract to play for Hartford for the rest of this year.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
NCAA final 16 tournament just announced and Minnesota failed to be selected ending its season. The Rangers are now eligible to sign Ryan Lindgren to a contract for next year and an ATO contract to play for Hartford for the rest of this year.

crazy - something like a dozen games had to go against the Gophers to miss the tourney and all 12 games went against them. maybe it was only 6.

Expecting the Rangers to sign him soon.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
By all accounts, his game was coming along in the AHL, but obviously not enough to force management's hand. ADA's puck skills are high end, Gilmour is an AHL all-star, and Pionk has come along very quickly. I need to see Bereglazov come over and actually play well before I put him ahead of any of those guys.

If thats how you go about your process of who you want to see play, fair enough. I think when you factor in that he's an all-star in a better league than the AHL, has played 16 times for the Russian National Team and was one of the best players in a series against what essentially is an NHL team, he should probably be given a chance to start next season in the NHL. If we had the Preds defense, thats a different story, but we don't, he's competing with a lot of AHL players.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
crazy - something like a dozen games had to go against the Gophers to miss the tourney and all 12 games went against them. maybe it was only 6.

That assumes he is ready to leave college. I haven't seen anything that would suggest one way or the other.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

Correct. Six games needed to go against the Gophers. And all of them did. They ended up .0001 RPI lower than Duluth, which put them out of the tournament.

Crazy. They were pretty much going to get a spot, but then that happened.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Yes a number of otherwise non playoff teams won their conference championships giving them automatic bids and teams higher rated teams got the remaining at large bids. Looks like Minnesota and Minnesota Duluth were competing for the last spot.

If he signs soon he can finish out the year in Hartford.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
A hell of a fight between Gettinger and this London Knights defenseman Andrew Perrott. It starts with Perrott who looks pretty burly but is only 16 years old and he's just walloping Gettinger (who seemed completely caught off guard and I don't think he even drops his left glove the entire fight) and after getting hit about 7-8 times Gettinger starts fighting back and then they're just toe to toe for a while trading and then Gettinger takes a step back and starts using his size and reach to measure his opponent and after that he just clobbers the f*** out of Perrott.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
A hell of a fight between Gettinger and this London Knights defenseman Andrew Perrott. It starts with Perrott who looks pretty burly but is only 16 years old and he's just walloping Gettinger (who seemed completely caught off guard and I don't think he even drops his left glove the entire fight) and after getting hit about 7-8 times Gettinger starts fighting back and then they're just toe to toe for a while trading and then Gettinger takes a step back and starts using his size and reach to measure his opponent and after that he just clobbers the **** out of Perrott.

Derek Boogard who?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Derek Boogard who?

You don't see the entire fight here (though the secondary commentary 'don't break your hand' makes it more entertaining) but Tim didn't really have much choice---he was getting mauled at the beginning. This kid was all over him.

Reactions: Ola
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad