Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 6.27.19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Jones was a really good under the radar signing. I was surprised he didn't sign an NHL contract and the Rangers were able to get him on an AHL contract. Here are write ups about him from the Last Word on Hockey list of the top 40 NCAA free agents and SB Nation Chris Dilks list of the top ten NCAA free agents.

Top 2019 College Hockey Free Agents - Part 2 - Last Word on Hockey
Nicholas Jones, Right Wing, University of North Dakota, 5’11” 176 lbs, Senior (redshirt)
Signed an AHL deal with Hartford (AHL affiliate of the New York Rangers).
The Edmonton native has scored five goals and 15 points in 22 games as a redshirt senior for the Fighting Hawks. He played his first two seasons with Ohio State, before sitting out a year and transferring to North Dakota. Because he only played three games as a sophomore and took a redshirt year, Jones is eligible to return to UND next year. He plays a gritty style, using his good speed to get in quickly on the forecheck and create turnovers. Once those happen, he can take the puck to the front of the net or quickly get the puck to a teammate. He goes to the net and is involved in most of the post-whistle scrums. Jones also shows offensive skill with good stickhandling ability, and his quick, agile skating ability.
2019 Top NCAA NHL Free Agents
8. Nick Jones, Center, Senior(‘96), North Dakota
Jones has been slowed a bit this season due to injury, and he has been forced into more of a play-making role for the Fighting Hawks out of necessity. But when he is healthy and at his best, he is one of the most effective centers in college hockey due to his toughness and grit. He’s great at winning one-on-one battles for pucks on both ends of the ice, plays excellent defense, and drives possession with his ability to make small plays in tough areas.

I will be very interested to see how he does at Hartford this year. Reports from development camp are encouraging.

Won't lie. I could see NYR using an ELC for Nick Jones....

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Rangers posted a video of wall stickhandling around a guy and making an outlet pass...did Shesty do it too?

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
Trimmed.

I will be very interested to see how he does at Hartford this year. Reports from development camp are encouraging.
Did he play C at all in the short while he was in Hartford? The Development Camp roster and the scrimmages have him listed as a center, but LWOH has him as a RW.

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
Kakko apparently having his best practice yet from what I'm seeing online.
He said in an interview he was feeling more comfortable. He hadn’t skated much the past month since he won Gold!!! The cream always rises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad