Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #19

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
C Gabriel Fontaine won round 18. G Mackenzie Skapski is added to the poll, so now all our goalies are added.

This is the last round when we are adding players.

RULES CHANGE:

Since HF no longer functions beyond the forum, no reason to have their old rules. We do, however, need the same rules for everyone or else the rankings mean nothing.

SKATER PROSPECT: A player 24 or younger with 50 or fewer NHL games. Therefore, Adam Clendening has now graduated with 60 NHL games under his belt and the full season on the NHL roster.

GOALIE PROSPECT: A player 25 or younger with 25 or fewer NHL games.

EXCEPTION 1: If a player completed the required 50/25 games, but is still not regarded as an NHL regular because he's shuffling between the NHL and the AHL, he could still be a prospect as long as he's 24 or younger and if agreed upon by most people here.

EXCEPTION 2: A player who is no older than 25 years old at the time of the vote and is a borderline NHLer could still count if agreed upon by most people here. Hrivik falls under this exception.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. LW Jimmy Vesey
3. D Brady Skjei
4. G Igor Shesterkin
5. D Ryan Graves

SECOND TIER

6. G Adam Huska
7. D Sean Day
8. D Sergey Zborovskiy
9. C/LW Boo Nieves
10. G Tyler Wall

PROJECTS & SUSPECTS

11. RW Robin Kovacs
12. C/LW Marek Hrivik
13. D Michael Paliotta
14. LW Ryan Gropp
15. LW Tim Gettinger
16. RW Nicklas Jensen
17. C Adam Tambellini
18. C Gabriel Fontaine

Gabriel Fontaine
Center -- shoots L
Born Apr 30 1997 -- Sherbrooke, PQ
[19 yrs. ago]
Height 6.02 -- Weight 194

2016-17 Rouyn-Noranda Huskies QMJHL 41GP 18 22 40 23PIM

2016+NHL+Draft+Portraits+8slYpCaG6e3l.jpg

AVAILABLE TO BE ADDED

DEFENSEMEN

1. D Tommy Hughes
2. D Troy Donnay
3. D Tyler Nanne

FORWARDS

1. LW Malte Stromwall
2. RW Daniel Bernhardt
3. RW Ty Ronning

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Halverson, add Ronning.

I honestly wanted to go with Gilmour here, because I liked how he looked in camp, but his stat line in Hartford is putrid. He's the worst minus player on the entire team, and that's saying something on that trash heap of a team.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Let's go with Halverson.

Gilmour and Fogarty are 24 by the end of the season and neither is close to the NHL, so I'm not seeing much here. Tarmo is an average defenseman in a semi-pro league. Skapski stunk it up hardcore this year in Hartford and even the Swamp, and was barely acceptable as an AHL backup last year. Halverson is at least young and goalies take a while to develop. Plus he was excellent in the Swamp and had a few good games in the AHL.

Not much to add here. The two "best" guys are both undersized forwards without much offense, but Ronning is younger than Stromwall, and he has the good bloodlines, so let's add Ronning as the final add of this poll.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Tough between Fogarty and Halverson. Fogarty, as I mentioned in an earlier thread, is low-ceiling, high-floor. I think he can push for a spot as early as next year. Halverson has starter upside but is a long way out. I'll go with Fogarty.

I'll go with Stromwall. I know he was largely invisible in Hartford, but he has had success in a professional league and still has a couple years to work things out before I'll write him off totally.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Tough between Fogarty and Halverson. Fogarty, as I mentioned in an earlier thread, is low-ceiling, high-floor. I think he can push for a spot as early as next year. Halverson has starter upside but is a long way out. I'll go with Fogarty.

I'll go with Stromwall. I know he was largely invisible in Hartford, but he has had success in a professional league and still has a couple years to work things out before I'll write him off totally.

I wouldn't write Fogarty off completely just yet because he's a rookie and it's hard to look good on a God awful team, but he's still part of the team and deserves part of the blame for its sucking. Next year is do or die for him because he will be 24 and will, in fact, turn 25 before the season is over. He needs to get to at least Hrivik level next year, which would be a big jump for him. Honestly, I will stick with my evaluation of him since his BCHL days - he will be an AHL role player.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Gilmour, add Nanne.

Gilmour, add Donnay

suprised Gils is quite this low, not that he is all that and a bag of chips, but showed some good flashes at camp

Donnay is a likely bust, but he is HUGE and IF he can learn to skate, that could change it all. He is plenty big and strong.

I'm not down on Halverson.
I think given another opportunity Skapski would do okay at min.

don't like it when a guy has proven a certain level, has upside, and due to a hip or similar we cut ties too quickly

I mean if legit, a guy's gotta go, so be it.
But let's not short shrift anybody.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I wouldn't write Fogarty off completely just yet because he's a rookie and it's hard to look good on a God awful team, but he's still part of the team and deserves part of the blame for its sucking. Next year is do or die for him because he will be 24 and will, in fact, turn 25 before the season is over. He needs to get to at least Hrivik level next year, which would be a big jump for him. Honestly, I will stick with my evaluation of him since his BCHL days - he will be an AHL role player.

I think with his defensive acumen he can play in the NHL even if he's completely bereft of offensive ability. It says something that he manages to play to a plus level on that Hartford team without putting up a bunch of points. He has legit shutdown center qualities.

He's been at a half-PPG pace for the past month. Hopefully he can continue that production. I don't think he needs to produce quite at a Hrivik level to stick as a solid 4C.

I'd bet the farm he makes it. Maybe not here, but somewhere.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Gilmour, add Donnay

suprised Gils is quite this low, not that he is all that and a bag of chips, but showed some good flashes at camp

Donnay is a likely bust, but he is HUGE and IF he can learn to skate, that could change it all. He is plenty big and strong.

I'm not down on Halverson.
I think given another opportunity Skapski would do okay at min.

don't like it when a guy has proven a certain level, has upside, and due to a hip or similar we cut ties too quickly

I mean if legit, a guy's gotta go, so be it.
But let's not short shrift anybody.

Donay sucks. Rangers are done with him after this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad