Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Predators 12/28 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
Should McIlrath play? Yes. But we have won 35% of matches with him in so far this season and 73% with him out. Clearly that is not indicative of how well he has played and is largely coincidental (or because many have been without Klein/Godqvist), but it's unlikely to have disastrous consequences to leave him out.
It's more worrying to me that Glass has wormed his way back into the line-up on a regular basis.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The larger concern is how AV rewards players. Kreider hasn't pulled his weight this season, and is cemented into the Top-6; Fast, who has done next to nothing this year, is given plenty of chances in higher roles; Girardi is a trainwreck and plays with McDonagh, who should be the Rangers' best defenseman.

Etem and McIlrath play a great game to start the holidays, and now they're scratched. I ****ing just KNEW he wouldn't sit Boyle or Girardi. The message to the players is it doesn't matter how well they play.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Nash - Brass - Zucc
Lindberg - Step - Miller
Kreider - Hayes - Etem
Stalberg - Moore - Fast

McD - Klein
Yandle - Big Mac
Staal - Boyle

Waive Glass
Let Girardi rest until he is 100% to go

Never gonna happen though

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Nash - Brass - Zucc
Lindberg - Step - Miller
Kreider - Hayes - Etem
Stalberg - Moore - Fast

McD - Klein
Yandle - Big Mac
Staal - Boyle

Waive Glass
Let Girardi rest until he is 100% to go

Never gonna happen though

First time I've seen Kredier dropped to Line 3. You're a trailblazer and I agree! :handclap: For anyone thinking "No way!":: If he shows signs of life, then I have no problem moving him back to Line 2. But a message needs to be sent that he must perform.

The D pairings are what I'd do, too...once Klein makes it back.

mrmel329

Feb 28, 2013
I bet if we fire AV Mess would come back and coach this team as he wanted to do before AV with his assistants graves and leetch

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
First game back from break and everyone healthy against the last team the Rangers beat before all the losing started.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
This is AV's RANGERSTOWN, where everything is made up and logic doesn't matter.

b0B4F3f.png

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Tbh these plyaers are big boys now, I'm not worried about how they'll take the scratching or the messages it might send. Fact is, for all the reasons Ail and Machinehead so nicely listed for us, this roster is totally ****ed up. Everything that could be misused is misused. The product is as bad as it could be, and we know this bc it's been this way before. Who cares about the culture, AV is jeopardizing this season and the success of the hockey club!

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I'm still upset even though we all pretty much knew what was coming.

I don't know how to reconcile that, lol.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I'm almost as upset that Nash-Brass-Zucc is still being completely forced as I am with the McIlrath scratch. Makes no sense. Fast in the top 6 also makes no sense...

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Mike Keenan is available. 1994 baby! :popcorn:

Maybe pull Marc Crawford away from the Swiss League? I dunno.

Both of these guys would be a hell of a lot more entertaining than Vigneault, anyway.

How sweet would it be to get Gretzsky to coach the Rangers....not that he needs the money to add to his quarter billion networth.

I'm now picturing what the fanbase would be like if we fired AV shortly after the Christmas break, hired Keenan, and then proceeded to win the Presidents Trophy and then the Cup...

IronMike4Lyfe

*Bob Richards*

I, like most of you, also saw this coming a mile away and yet I'm still pretty damn irked by it lol.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I'm almost as upset that Nash-Brass-Zucc is still being completely forced as I am with the McIlrath scratch. Makes no sense. Fast in the top 6 also makes no sense...
There are a lot of things about this roster that don't make sense. Those are definitely a few.

Forwards and defensemen, he's playing some guys way above where they should be, while better players are below them. It really does look like a lineup decided by who makes the most $.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I'm not on the fire AV train. Not during the season. If anything, fire him during the offseason. Who could we get to replace him that's better? Boudreau, if he's fired from the Ducks? I can't think any other coaches on the market would be better to bring in mid season to replace AV.

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone in-season or out of season.

Two seasons.... Cup Finals and Conference Finals... has a bad month before the calendar even changes in his third year... FIRE HIM!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Come on.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Why can't we just try these lines for a game?

Nash-Brass-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Etem
Lindberg-Hayes-Miller
Glass-Moore-Fast

McD-Klein
Yandle-McIlrath
Staal-Boyle

Let Girardi heal his kneecap and then deal with him when he gets back.

See I even let AV keep his pet Glass in the lineup.

I just want to see what Etem could do playing with Stepan and Kreider. If that doesn't work, switch him with Miller.

Fast in the top 6 isn't going to work. He filled in admirably in the playoffs last year, but it's not working this season. With Kreider and Stepan struggling, AV should be trying to jumpstart then with a new line mate if he's so hell bent on keeping them together as a pair. Try Etem there, he's definitely earned at least a game in the top 6.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
The Rangers have had so much success in AV's tenure, really up until this past month or so, that he wasn't put in a situation where holding vets accountable becomes a big thing. Canucks fans warned us about this though. Bad at in game adjustments and bad at holding players accountable.

If this works somehow then fine but if we keep getting the same ****** play out of Kreider and Stalberg and if Girardi still looks hampered this lineup better not last longer than a few games.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Lets see how this plays out. AV is a players coach. Obviously. Nothing matters until the playoffs. Im happy to let this play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad