Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Predators 12/28 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I just don't understand how you thrust Girardi right back into a top pairing role when he has a cracked kneecap. Why wouldn't you try to let that heal, so he can be healthy for the playoffs.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
It's like the way the players perform is irrelevant.

The 2nd line has been a problem all year and its obvious Fast isn't a top 6er but her stays.

McIlrath was the best d man for the past month and made real strides and is finally an NHLer. Scratched.

Stalberg has been awful for a month. Get back in there.

Etem has looked great and he desrves a chance in the top 9. scratched.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Anyone whom says Etem should play over Stalberg, is out to lunch.

Stalberg has been god awful MANY games, Etem was great last match, of course he should get the nod over Stalberg.

The only argument you can make is that Etem should be playing in the t9

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Zero accountablity on this team. It's not about how you play, it's about how much money you make.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Zero accountablity on this team. It's not about how you play, it's about how much money you make.

This is really what bothers me about these moves. I'm not a fan of Etem at all but it sends the wrong message when you scratch a young player who finally was able to string together a few strong games.

Scratching McIlrath is just completely ridiculous.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Glass still in, and not waived.
Etem scratched after what might have been his best few games of the entire season.
McIlrath scratched after looking like arguably the best defensemen for a month straight.
Breaking up the teams best pairing.
Putting Girardi back with McDonagh, an abomination.
Not at least putting Klein back with McDonagh.

rofl

What else is there to say at this point?

I'm sorry, but AV is an awful coach.

Putting Nash-Brass-Zucc back together which has been a possession black hole.
Refusing to use Yandle on the powerplay.
Fast still in the top 6 for some reason.
Hayes still not demoted after being the worst player on the team for a month.

You know, just a few more.

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
Im starting to want AV to get fired. Its just ridiculous. I can understand wanting to play stalberg versus his former team but why does etem sit. Literally all of us are in agreement that etem has looked quite good the last 2 weeks or so but why is Tanner freakin Glass still playing. Why is jesper fast in the top 6? He provides no offense at all. Most of his goals this year are empty netters. Mcilrath has been a boss this year. Like its ridiculous how well he adjusted to the nhl so quickly. And he sits! I know we all probably saw this coming but actually reading it now is just ridiculous. I hate complaning but this is just absurd.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Im starting to want AV to get fired. Its just ridiculous. I can understand wanting to play stalberg versus his former team but why does etem sit. Literally all of us are in agreement that etem has looked quite good the last 2 weeks or so but why is Tanner freakin Glass still playing. Why is jesper fast in the top 6? He provides no offense at all. Most of his goals this year are empty netters. Mcilrath has been a boss this year. Like its ridiculous how well he adjusted to the nhl so quickly. And he sits! I know we all probably saw this coming but actually reading it now is just ridiculous. I hate complaning but this is just absurd.
I've wanted AV fired for a while now...

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Putting Nash-Brass-Zucc back together which has been a possession black hole.
Refusing to use Yandle on the powerplay.
Fast still in the top 6 for some reason.
Hayes still not demoted after being the worst player on the team for a month.

You know, just a few more.

To add one further - Still no message sent to Kreider.

1 point in his last 5 games
6 points in his last 18

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Kreider played well and physical last game. He should have stayed on the Brassard line.

The power play with Boyle in the slot and Zooks at the point has been working well. That is why Yandle is on the 2nd unit pp.

Does AV have a daughter that Dylan is dating? Maybe this situation is like the movie Youngblood?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
My only hope left is that Gorton is actually looking for a shake-up and he's advertising a few players. There's no hope otherwise.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
My only hope left is that Gorton is actually looking for a shake-up and he's advertising a few players. There's no hope otherwise.

That's about all we could hope for...

And if this bull **** continues throughout the remainder of the season, then I want AV fired too... The complete lack of accountability, his stubbornness to change (both in game situations and big time roster moves within the lines), his seemingly lack of talent evaluation (never putting Stralman on the 1st pairing and never giving him PP time), overuse of ****** defensemen like summers, Boyle, and Girardi...

The list goes on... The lack of foresight, accountability, discipline of players, and the lack of chances for youth--its a serious problem, and its rearing its ugly head at a time when we should not even need to deal with these problems because of hanks age.

I understand some of this is in management, but AV is at fault just as much--he essentially holds a management position and I'm sure Gorton and Sather have given him tons of pull here with this roster.

YetAnotherNorwegian

Nov 1, 2010
We might be just fans and he's the manager, but it's nothing short of mindblowing how AV's perception of reality can differ so much from ours..

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I'm not on the fire AV train. Not during the season. If anything, fire him during the offseason. Who could we get to replace him that's better? Boudreau, if he's fired from the Ducks? I can't think any other coaches on the market would be better to bring in mid season to replace AV.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Stalberg has been god awful MANY games, Etem was great last match, of course he should get the nod over Stalberg.

The only argument you can make is that Etem should be playing in the t9

Etem has been horrible for more than he's played well in. Stalberg produces. Etem played one good game*. Tanner Glass has as many points in five less games for Christ sake!

*against former team

Last edited:

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I'm not on the fire AV train. Not during the season. If anything, fire him during the offseason. Who could we get to replace him that's better? Boudreau, if he's fired from the Ducks? I can't think any other coaches on the market would be better to bring in mid season to replace AV.

I have no idea who would replace him but I would wait until the off season to fire him if they went that route.

Whatever he's doing its clearly not working, and they players look to be tuning him out.

He's also made some very very poor decisions in both overuse (girardi, MSL, Glass, Staal), alienation (Yandle, stempniak, Miller), and outright unfair opportunities for the young guys (Etem in particular). The overuse guys also happened to be horrible at hockey.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Etem has been horrible for more than he's played well in. Stalberg produces. Etem played one good game*.

*against former team

Etem has arguably played more than one good game. I'd argue he did pretty well during the stretch that he was consistently in.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville

Mike Keenan is available. 1994 baby! :popcorn:

Maybe pull Marc Crawford away from the Swiss League? I dunno.

Both of these guys would be a hell of a lot more entertaining than Vigneault, anyway.

How sweet would it be to get Gretzsky to coach the Rangers....not that he needs the money to add to his quarter billion networth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad