Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Penguins: MDSF Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I can't think of one thing Yandle is better at than Karlsson. Offensively, they aren't comparable as well.

Agreed, but how is Yandle not a #1. He is still elite offensively and his defensive game really isn't that bad at all. I don't think lacking defebsively and not overly physical is enough to make him not a #1, especially when one of the best Dmen in the league has the same complaints about him.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Agreed, but how is Yandle not a #1. He is still elite offensively and his defensive game really isn't that bad at all. I don't think lacking defebsively and not overly physical is enough to make him not a #1, especially when one of the best Dmen in the league has the same complaints about him.

Because Karlsson impacts the game more than any defender in the league IMO. I would say Yandle is a bit more inconsistent in creating offense and I disagree with the notion that his defensive play isn't that bad. It is certainly his weakest point and one of the biggest qualms against him as a player. Physicality is also crucial because a lot of puck battles are won through sheer strength at times. I would say Yandle doesn't fare too well on the forecheck either, from what I've seen.

Don't get me wrong - I think the price that they paid for him was a steal. There are plenty superior prospects to Duclair in this league, John Moore is nothing special and the picks will be in the latter half of the round anyways. Plus Yandle is staying for another season at the very least.

I just don't think he's quite at the #1D level.

BlacknGold4life

Sep 22, 2014
Yes, a journalist asked their coach why they only played good hockey the last 10 min. of game 3.
I think the main reason they've some key injuries - so their fans are not very optimistic. And Malkin mentioned it too - Rangers have the best defense in the league at the moment - it's not an easy task.

Penguins fan in peace here. Ill comment once and leave it at that: Rob Rossi is hated by everyone in pittsburgh. He makes up crap half the time and makes these huge rumors and secrets up and writes them in a blog. He was fired from being the penguins beat writer when Shero and Comp. left town.. Now he works for the Post-Gazette as a sports writer. Its unfortunate how much oxygen the man wastes. (he is probably on HFboards so there I said it Rob)... Pay no attention to what that man writes hes just trying to make money with false events. DK said it didnt happen the way Rob said it happened.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
It's kind of funny that he's that way on NBC Sports. When he's on Canadian Radio he's bashing them left and right. This morning he complimented the Rangers defense and scolded the Pens for their lack of urgency until the 3rd period.

I think its NBC Sports as much as anything else, could be that they want Crosby to be their Lebron.

What do they need Crosby for... They have an American player in Patrick Kane who does some pretty amazing things in the playoffs and overall is just a more exciting player to watch. Promote the **** out of him instead.

I may just be biased though since Kane is by far my favorite player in the league.

jskramer83

Nov 11, 2011
Because Karlsson impacts the game more than any defender in the league IMO. I would say Yandle is a bit more inconsistent in creating offense and I disagree with the notion that his defensive play isn't that bad. It is certainly his weakest point and one of the biggest qualms against him as a player. Physicality is also crucial because a lot of puck battles are won through sheer strength at times. I would say Yandle doesn't fare too well on the forecheck either, from what I've seen.

Don't get me wrong - I think the price that they paid for him was a steal. There are plenty superior prospects to Duclair in this league, John Moore is nothing special and the picks will be in the latter half of the round anyways. Plus Yandle is staying for another season at the very least.

I just don't think he's quite at the #1D level.

I don't think he is comparing Yandle to Karlsson. Just because Yandle isn't as good as Karlsson (who is arguably the best defenseman in the league) doesn't mean Yandle isn't a number one defenseman.

He would probably be the best dman on over 50% of the teams in the NHL. We are just that deep on D

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I don't think he is comparing Yandle to Karlsson. Just because Yandle isn't as good as Karlsson (who is arguably the best defenseman in the league) doesn't mean Yandle isn't a number one defenseman.

He would probably be the best dman on over 50% of the teams in the NHL. We are just that deep on D

To be arguably the best defenseman in the league you have to be you know...good on defense.

Karlsson is an offensive beast and all but a good defenseman he is not. At least not above average.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I was hoping people would have come to their senses a day after the game but it seems to not be the case. People thought we had a bad game? Nash had a bad game? This is insane.

Regardless of what you think of PIT's swiss cheese defense, they had 2 world talents on offense (although one of them is a weasel POS) and the rangers shut down down completely for 50minutes and held them off the last 10 while having a good amount of scoring chances and just having fleury bail out PIT from a 5-1 loss.

How people thought Nash had a bad game is beyond me. Do people expect him to score every game like he did in october?

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
What do they need Crosby for... They have an American player in Patrick Kane who does some pretty amazing things in the playoffs and overall is just a more exciting player to watch. Promote the **** out of him instead.

I may just be biased though since Kane is by far my favorite player in the league.
I agree. I like Getzlaf a lot too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad