Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Penguins: MDSF Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
One of the best parts of hockey is also the most underrated part as far as casual fans go. The breakout pass can be incredibly beautiful or it can be god awful... The reason why we got yandle was to make those passes like he made to Hagelin last night and to other players since he's been here. There's been countless time where his pass outs the forward(s) in scoring position including 2 on 2s 2 on1s and breakaways

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Except Brassard, he wins the Cup every time he scores.

tumblr_n5fr7sar9S1sna8pso1_500.gif

And i love him for it :handclap: Revving up emotions for the group as a whole.

Yandle is disgustingly underrated by the mainboards

You should have heard Pierre going on about how the pass to Hagelin would not be allowed prior to the rule change :shakehead

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY

You should have heard Pierre going on about how the pass to Hagelin would not be allowed prior to the rule change :shakehead

Oh, he means that rule change that occurred almost a decade ago? Geez. They're really reaching.

vstk

Jun 17, 2011
Valhalla, NY
Anybody have that replay from MSG where Crosby made contact with Lundqvist? MSG seemed to be the only network who showed the angle where you can see it clearly..

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012

Can you imagine if KRISTOPHER Letang made that pass. Guy would be talking about it a year from now.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Stepan came pretty close to having a sleepless night. 2 prime chances he whiffed on.

I thought Nash had a real strong game.

Same here...I was more than happy seeing his battle factor and play in front and around the net....nice change.....somebody must have had a chat with him or showed him some footage of Getzlaf or Perry playing and what is expected of guys making 7 Mill + . :)

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

He's always got to find a negative when talking about the Rangers. I'm sure glad I had the TV on mute.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Best way to deal with those homers is to eliminate the Pens as quickly as possible.

Please win game 4 boys. Let's end this in 5.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
WHat kind of bird is a penguin? A boo bird apparently. Christ I'd understand if the refs were calling all these false penalties on them but the irony is despite all the penalties called on Pitt the bulls*** ones were called on us yet they still boo at everything you can think of involving the refs. I think Pitt has one of the most ignorant fanbases in all of sports in terms of ignorance of the sport they root for.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I told everyone before the playoffs that Glass will be good in the post season. Took a lot of bashing for it though.

Glass hasn't been good he just hasn't been as awful as he was. There are multiple times each game where he is involved in something and f***s it up where Sheppard wouldn't have imo. I think he's flat out cost us at least one goal. He's cost us multiple opportunities for extended shifts in the other end. You present a lot of opinions that are very out of line with what's going on and you usually do so in a confrontational way that invites well earned bashing. I would sooner believe that you weren't an innocent victim of undeserved bashing then you were. But maybe you were.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Penguins have a lot of rats...Kunitz , Lapierre , Hornqvist , Downie and Letang when he is healthy . I wonder which one will hurt one of our guys before we are done ? Lapierre is actually more lip service than the rest . Kunitz and Hornqvist are just dirty slimeball rats....while Downie is just an explosion waiting to happen . :rant:

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

Oh god I caught that on the replay. wtf are you talking about Pierre? I'll bet half the people watching that game had no idea what the hell he was talking about and now think Yandle cheated or something.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
WHat kind of bird is a penguin? A boo bird apparently. Christ I'd understand if the refs were calling all these false penalties on them but the irony is despite all the penalties called on Pitt the bulls*** ones were called on us yet they still boo at everything you can think of involving the refs. I think Pitt has one of the most ignorant fanbases in all of sports in terms of ignorance of the sport they root for.

I was thinking about that today, too. While I don't think it's igonorance, per se (maybe in some cases), have you listened to a Pens home broadcast? It is more of a love-fest and worship session than a television production. The announcers are absolutely unbearable. Not only that, but when the Pens appear on national broadcasts, as they often do, it is most often with Emrick and McGuire doing the calls. Both of those 2 love the Pens, with Pierre loving them to an absolutely creepy degree.

Imagine having that type of attitude drilled in your head, game in, game out.

Of course they want to complain about the refs. It's got to be the only reason they're losing, right? I mean, that's what everyone tells them. They're the Penguins, dammit. They can't lose fair and square. It just can't happen.

It's a culture. Created largely by the ROOT team, the NHL pundits, and also the Pittsburgh sports media.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Penguins have a lot of rats...Kunitz , Lapierre , Hornqvist , Downie and Letang when he is healthy . I wonder which one will hurt one of our guys before we are done ? Lapierre is actually more lip service than the rest . Kunitz and Hornqvist are just dirty slimeball rats....while Downie is just an explosion waiting to happen . :rant:

They have been trying to find a good Matt Cooke replacement for ages. They had to replace him with an equally dirty/slimy player. Downie fits the bill.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
He's always got to find a negative when talking about the Rangers. I'm sure glad I had the TV on mute.

for like half the game he blabbed about how Lundqvist is the worst puck handler of all time and the Penguins have him figured out

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Oh god I caught that on the replay. wtf are you talking about Pierre? I'll bet half the people watching that game had no idea what the hell he was talking about and now think Yandle cheated or something.

I remember thinking to myself why the hell would he bring that up? The rule changed a frigging DECADE ago and abolished even earlier in international hockey.

Praise the actual pass by Yandle instead of making excuses as to why Hagelin ended up with the puck.

****ing hate Pierre!

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
One of the best parts of hockey is also the most underrated part as far as casual fans go. The breakout pass can be incredibly beautiful or it can be god awful... The reason why we got yandle was to make those passes like he made to Hagelin last night and to other players since he's been here. There's been countless time where his pass outs the forward(s) in scoring position including 2 on 2s 2 on1s and breakaways

And what a sick pass it was. How he hit Hags in his full speed stride was a thing of beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad