Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Panthers - 03/10/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
He's just mad he got scored on. I used to throw my bat after every strikeout.

Over the course of the 65+ minutes he seemed a lot more relaxed. I think he understands what we're embarking on and he seems to want to be involved.
IDK, he's such a competitor I wonder if he gets to a point where he's like f it, get me out.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Fun game. I like this group.

Maybe trade Zucc, other than that I stand pat. 5 picks in the top 45.

Fire the coach. Probably stink next year but continue to improve as much as we can. Try some reclamation projects in UFA and see if one sticks. Give Chytil and Andersson ice time and see what they have. Inflate their Quality of Teammates and put them in a position to succeed. Fill holes in the summer of 2019. Plan to play competitive hockey in the 2019-20 season. If not, fine, but be proactive about this thing.

Once we trade Zucc we better get used to the idea we won't be winning in shootouts again for a long time.

Reactions: Machinehead

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Roberto Luongo had couple of huge saves on Zucc including in OT - it was the different in this game. But both Buch & Vesey had great chances too and could not finish the plays.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Rob O'Gara has lost the new player smell. Now it's just dirty suede car seats and undersized cup holders. You'd think players who have no idea how to move the puck can play better defense.

He's gotta go. I want him nowhere near this team in any context.

Don't care if we're "supposed to lose." Deliberately making the team awful is not a culture I want to establish.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Welcome to the dark side. It's like these past few weeks you've been gradually nudged into seeing the light. Everything you've said there is pretty much what most of us on this side have been saying all along.

I've sort of always been on this side, but I'm angry and sarcastic and it doesn't always come across.

When I go against rebuilding, I'm simply against doing what Edmonton and the Islanders do. I'm against it lasting 10 years. I'm against trading players for the sake of trading them.

That's not to say that this can't be done right. It absolutely can. I even think it's off to a good start.

My only real concern is AV. It's not a good reflection on Gorton if he starts 2018-19 behind the bench. "He's there to help the tank" is a shit excuse and the sort of attitude I'm against.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
McDonagh needed to go because he wasn't an emotional and confrontational captain.

Henrik is too emotional and confrontational.

Stepan needed to go because he told Henrik to relax and focus himself during a game so he also needed to go.

No one is safe.

Just make O'Gara the captain. No expectations.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He's just mad he got scored on. I used to throw my bat after every strikeout.

Over the course of the 65+ minutes he seemed a lot more relaxed. I think he understands what we're embarking on and he seems to want to be involved.

You're lucky you didn't play for some of the coaches I had.

Hank has said all of the right things. I know things are a bit different in the heat of the moment, but we'll see if he can take a full season of this next year.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
IDK, he's such a competitor I wonder if he gets to a point where he's like f it, get me out.

I could see that if this team botches the rebuild or commits to 10-year Edmonton rebuild.

If they do this right, I think he sticks it out. And I think it helps us. His competitive attitude is going to be a huge help as we start tossing young players onto the ice. I don't want them to come into losing and adopt a poor culture. To that point, I like Andersson's attitude as well.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I've sort of always been on this side, but I'm angry and sarcastic and it doesn't always come across.

When I go against rebuilding, I'm simply against doing what Edmonton and the Islanders do. I'm against it lasting 10 years. I'm against trading players for the sake of trading them.

That's not to say that this can't be done right. It absolutely can. I even think it's off to a good start.

My only real concern is AV. It's not a good reflection on Gorton if he starts 2018-19 behind the bench. "He's there to help the tank" is a **** excuse and the sort of attitude I'm against.

I think a parting of the ways with AV is inevitable. When Gorton made the rounds after the trade deadline, he was very non-committal about AV's status. He was respectful, but, I got no sense that AV was returning.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

He won’t. It’s exactly what Machinehead said.

Hank has destroyed locker room bathrooms in certain losses before. He’s a hot head. I’m the same way.

I’m sure he controls himself more in those ways, but breaking your stick is nothing out of the ordinary.

Much worse goes on behind the scenes with many different players.

If anything, take it as a good sign.

Your longest tenured franchise, future HOF goaltender, who has never won the cup still has the fire in his belly to compete at a high level and actually GIVE A SHIT.

The guy has everything. Beautiful family, houses all over the world, all the money, ridiculous cars, etc, and still goes out and plays every game and it absolutely KILLS him if he and the team loses. You can’t breed that type of personality.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. He hates losing more than he likes winning.

This is the type of character you want to build a team with.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You're lucky you didn't play for some of the coaches I had.

Hank has said all of the right things. I know things are a bit different in the heat of the moment, but we'll see if he can take a full season of this next year.

My coach was one of those heart and grit types and he absolutely loved how angry I was.

Funny how I don't like coaches like that in the NHL now, but it worked out for me :laugh:

Reactions: egelband

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Personally I think we have enough picks at the moment to hit with something in the 2018 draft, and we are more likely in for lottery for Rasmus a small % chance - since Florida got 2 pts in this game, and we are a different team with 4 new players even with our current roster Howden, Chytil, Lias Andersson & Libor Hajek, not certain if Howden is NHL ready, but we will see next training camp.

Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think a parting of the ways with AV is inevitable. When Gorton made the rounds after the trade deadline, he was very non-committal about AV's status. He was respectful, but, I got no sense that AV was returning.

That's true. All he talked about was what a nice guy AV is.

That's fine, but we're not going out for drinks with him. It's not a ringing endorsement if you've got nothing to say about his coaching.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
There's no friggin excuse for that baby behavior. The rest of the team could get hurt by his stupid diva antics. Like I said earlier, Dave Maloney needs to have a talk with him.

Have you seen Tuuka Rask? Robin Lehner? Fleury had a meltdown recently, Vasilevskiy threw his stick. Talbot lost his shit over goalie interference calls. 200 players in the league break their sticks on the boards, goal post, cross bar, bench, etc. This is normal professional sports or heck, even all sport behaivors. Emotions.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Kreider line ended up having the best analytics that game. It's like clockwork.

76-77 weren't far behind.

Feel like we're blowing the Hank thing out of proportion. So he had himself a little stick slam. Not a big deal. Our guys have been trying to win despite the fact that management pretty much admitted they're tossing this season. That's not a bad thing.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I want a top end RHD in this upcoming draft. Boqvist is my guy, but, if Bouchard can be that guy, so be it. Then get me two high end wings.

Reactions: Kovalev27

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I want a top end RHD in this upcoming draft. Boqvist is my guy, but, if Bouchard can be that guy, so be it. Then get me two high end wings.

6-12 in the mock drafts is the likes of which I've never seen at one position.

D, D, D, D, D, D, D, D.

Good news for us is, with Skjei on one side and Shattenkirk on the other, and with Smith being able to switch, we could go lefty or righty with that pick and it wouldn't be bad either way.

RHD would be ideal because they're harder to find, but if our scouts feel the absolute BPA is LH, it's doable.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The EliteProspects scouting report on Boqvist says he could be better in his own end, but his real defensive value comes in the neutral zone.

Uh, yes please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille