Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Panthers - 03/10/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Pretty meh attempts from Spooner and Mika. We need some finishers on this team with real overpowering talent.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Aside from Zucc, we didn't really do much in the shootout. Their moves were just...way better.

Not even mad.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Aside from Zucc, we didn't really do much in the shootout. Their moves were just...way better.

Not even mad.
Seems to be the case most shootouts for us. It’s Zucc or nothing.

Zib and Spooner both tried the same move and Luongo stopped both without knowing it because they were weak moves.

As for the actually hockey portion of tonight’s game:

Kevin Hayes is the real deal. He’s been so good lately i think seeing friends get traded really motivated him. Be better or become expendable and get moved.

Spooner-Hayes-Zucc was excellent.

Skjei-TDA looked good from the eye test, not sure about the stats.

Honestly I’m good giving the Panthers the second point, hope they pass the Devils.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Actually, aside from getting an unneeded point, there was a lot to like about that game. Zibanejad is so much better with Kreider, Hayes and Spooner are a perfect fit, Namestnikov and Buchnevich looked pretty good together, and Skjei-DeAngelo were superb as a pairing. And, Zucc maintains the all-important trade value for the draft.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Rangers tried. Should give them credit for that. Did we need the point? Not really but......

Congrats to Hayes--his first ever 20 goal season. It looks to me like he's become one of our leaders.
Mika also with his 20th goal.
Spooner with a couple more assists.

The defense as crappy as it is sometimes is not making the same kinds of lackadaisical errors we saw in the month + that led up to the trade deadline. Their errors tend to be just from not being that good or that ready to play at the NHL level--not so much from being outworked or being brain dead.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Fun game. I like this group.

Maybe trade Zucc, other than that I stand pat. 5 picks in the top 45.

Fire the coach. Probably stink next year but continue to improve as much as we can. Try some reclamation projects in UFA and see if one sticks. Give Chytil and Andersson ice time and see what they have. Inflate their Quality of Teammates and put them in a position to succeed. Fill holes in the summer of 2019. Plan to play competitive hockey in the 2019-20 season. If not, fine, but be proactive about this thing.

Reactions: egelband

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Rob O'Gara has lost the new player smell. Now it's just dirty suede car seats and undersized cup holders. You'd think players who have no idea how to move the puck can play better defense.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Seems to be the case most shootouts for us. It’s Zucc or nothing.

Zib and Spooner both tried the same move and Luongo stopped both without knowing it because they were weak moves.

As for the actually hockey portion of tonight’s game:

Kevin Hayes is the real deal. He’s been so good lately i think seeing friends get traded really motivated him. Be better or become expendable and get moved.

Spooner-Hayes-Zucc was excellent.

Skjei-TDA looked good from the eye test, not sure about the stats.

Honestly I’m good giving the Panthers the second point, hope they pass the Devils.
Hayes has great wrists. He can make most passes he wants to make. Many cannot. He’s also learning how to position himself really well. It really appears to be coalescing for him.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Fun game. I like this group.

Maybe trade Zucc, other than that I stand pat. 5 picks in the top 45.

Fire the coach. Probably stink next year but continue to improve as much as we can. Try some reclamation projects in UFA and see if one sticks. Give Chytil and Andersson ice time and see what they have. Inflate their Quality of Teammates and put them in a position to succeed. Fill holes in the summer of 2019. Plan to play competitive hockey in the 2019-20 season. If not, fine, but be proactive about this thing.

Welcome to the dark side. It's like these past few weeks you've been gradually nudged into seeing the light. Everything you've said there is pretty much what most of us on this side have been saying all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->