Confirmed with Link: Rangers Name Alain Vigneault Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Bob Richards*

Last post from previous thread:

Jim Nill was on NHL Live. He was asked about his coaching hire. Nill really likes Torts. Nill wants a veteran guy. He said the NHL is not a place for a coach to learn on the job. Nill needs to tell Messier that. No timetable.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Wow I don't know who can be worse for this team, Messier or Ruff? I didn't really want AV but considering the other options AV seems like a score.

Kershaw

What about Jeff Blashill?

Red Wings assistant coach in 2011-12 and long time college coach.

For all the hype Dallas Eakins has been getting, Blashill in his first full head coaching experience is leading the Griffins to winning the Calder Cup, they have a 2-0 lead.

To be fair, that team is absolutely stacked with NHL players.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
I hope the coin lands on its side. I would rather of had Torts for another year than these bums

I was so excited by Torts getting forced but I really would rather continue with Tortorella than some of these options we are hearing.

Kershaw

:facepalm:

Hopefully this is just an Old Boys favor and Sather isn't seriously considering it.

But can Sather say no to Messier? He's like his son.

6a6928d0461883249950f28eda22-525x660.jpg

How can you say no to that? :D

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Stop coaching Pat keeps writing Torts had one year remaining on his contract. Torts was given an extension during the season.

Jim Nill

On the importance of experience

“It’s the best league in the world. I’m not being naïve, there are some great young coaches out there, too, and I even may go that route. But right now my ideal situation is to get an experienced guy that has been through it. It’s not the league where you want to be learning on the fly. You need to know what you are going into. From day one of training camp, you need to know what to expect. It’s a tough job dealing with the players. You are dealing with people and different personalities. It’s a tough job with the pressure the players are under, so you need somebody that’s been through that and how to handle that.â€

His thoughts on former New York Rangers coach John Tortorella as a possibility

“I think John is a great coach. Anytime you coach in New York City it is a tough gig, and I thought he did a great job there. In the end in this game everybody is hired to win and sometimes we get fired for that. But I think John is not only a good coach, but a good person also. He’s got a different side to him. A lot of people see the coach Tortorella, but John is actually a great guy. He is definitely a name we are also looking at.â€

http://starsinsideedge.com/2013/06/...-jim-nill-on-coaching-search-john-tortorella/

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
John Stevens

Separately, the Kings have given other NHL teams permission to interview assistant coach John Stevens for head coaching vacancies. The Dallas Stars, Vancouver Canucks and New York Rangers are each seeking a new head coach. Stevens, who guided the Kings’ defense and penalty killing, was the head coach of the Philadelphia Flyers from October 2006 until Dec. 4, 2009. He has worked on the Kings’ staff for three seasons.

“Hey, I think Johnny is a head coach. I think he was a head coach with us,” Sutter said.

Which meant Sutter was …

“Part of the staff,” he said. “I’ve always said that I don’t put myself … it’s not about a head coach and then … I think everybody has to share responsibility. That’s what good teams do. I’m not one of those guys that has to be the center of attention.

“Does Johnny Stevens want to be a head coach? Absolutely. That’s how I feel about him on our staff.”

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...-sutter-robyn-regehr-20130610,0,5811849.story

Vancouver is interested in Stevens.

Canucks have requested to talk to Kings' Assistant John Stevens. Have yet to hear back from LA.

https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/status/344238165009240064

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It will be nice to be able to go back to watching press conferences without having to worry for the safety of the reporters.

I understand dismissing dumb questions, absolutely. But Tortorella was discriminatory in his treatment. If it was a loss, and he was miffed, he more or less made it impossible for the reporters to do their jobs.

Leetch2McDonagh27

Jan 21, 2013
so AV, Ruff, Messier are the ones in the mix. There has not been a sniff or peep of the Rangers considering Boucher? Is there anyone else???

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
If Sather was going to choose Messier, it would have happened already.
My bet is AV. Sather was interested in him years ago, and he is a good, experienced NHL coach.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Stop coaching Pat keeps writing Torts had one year remaining on his contract. Torts was given an extension during the season.

Jim Nill

http://starsinsideedge.com/2013/06/...-jim-nill-on-coaching-search-john-tortorella/

This comes on the heels of the report about Richards wanting to o back to Dallas if he is bought out. None of this surprises me. Guess Richards isn't mad at Torts for "embrassing" him the way so many have claimed him to be. Such false outrage.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
I'm pretty sure Sather want's to see what Pitt does with bylsma. He would be my choice now that Eakins is gone. I don't want Stevens. My out of left field guy would be Babcock. However, I don't think he is going to leave the Wings.

Exactly! Why would he??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad