Post-Game Talk: Rangers Kings game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
We beat the pens for the first time in franchise history, after being down 3-1!
We won our first two games at the Bell centre to start that series, who would have thought that could happen?

Being down and having to play your very best, maybe just the situation this team needs to elevate their game to finish the kings in regulation in game 3.

That said, the rangers have to stop beating themselves with with stupid mistakes in their own end. At the very least this tournament should be tied.
we can't afford any more dumb mistakes.

R2theDizzlE

Mar 28, 2014
Sound Beach, NY
I don't know why but I can't seem to shake this feeling that thus team is still going to.pull this off. I just have to keep believing. We're not dead yet. I said Rangers in 6 before it started and I'm going to stick to it. I'm probably being overzealous but I just have this feeling.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I don't know why but I can't seem to shake this feeling that thus team is still going to.pull this off. I just have to keep believing. We're not dead yet. I said Rangers in 6 before it started and I'm going to stick to it. I'm probably being overzealous but I just have this feeling.

I know what you mean about that "feeling". Usually I get upset when we lose but right now I am not concerned at all, and I'm not usually like this. I still believe they can do this.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York

Thank god Game 3 is tomorrow. I couldn't wait another day more.

Camille the Eel

Looks to me like - at those times in the game when the Kings are going strong - they are forechecking well and the Rangers are having trouble handling their forecheck. There's lots of traffic in front of Lundquist, they are shooting from the point and guys down low are blocking his vision and also deflecting pucks.

That's been the book on how to beat Hendrik for several years; everyone tries it. Get traffic in front of him and put pucks on the net. It's how New Jersey took the Rangers out in the conference final in 2012. That's the Kings strategy right now. Be physical, forecheck, get traffic in front.

I am rooting for the Rangers big time. Have followed this team on and off and never lost contact with them since 1958.

The series is dead close. Can't be closer than two overtime games. But to turn it around in their favor I think the Rangers need to handle the Kings forecheck better. The Kings are a very physical team for sure; their chief advantage in this series is greater strength and more hitting. They are going to try to exploit that. How do you counter it - get out of your end fast; pass the puck efficiently around the forecheck; break out; don't get caught for long forecheck shifts in our own end.

Easier said than done but essential to turn this thing around.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Canucks fan telling me AV and O'Halloran have a bad relationship from AV's time in Vancouver.

I read this earlier today

Vancouver Canucks head coach Alain Vigneault had some interesting comments in the wake of Duncan Keith‘s elbow on Daniel Sedin, taking umbrage not with the Chicago defenseman, but rather the referee that issued only a two-minute elbowing minor.

“We got a big two-minute power play off that hit from the same referee — remember last year when Daniel got punched six times in the face in the Boston series?†Vigneault told the Vancouver Sun. “I seem to remember it was the same guy.â€

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/23/canucks-coach-vigneault-calls-out-referee-ohalloran/

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Looks to me like - at those times in the game when the Kings are going strong - they are forechecking well and the Rangers are having trouble handling their forecheck. There's lots of traffic in front of Lundquist, they are shooting from the point and guys down low are blocking his vision and also deflecting pucks.

That's been the book on how to beat Hendrik for several years; everyone tries it. Get traffic in front of him and put pucks on the net. It's how New Jersey took the Rangers out in the conference final in 2012. That's the Kings strategy right now. Be physical, forecheck, get traffic in front.

I am rooting for the Rangers big time. Have followed this team on and off and never lost contact with them since 1958.

The series is dead close. Can't be closer than two overtime games. But to turn it around in their favor I think the Rangers need to handle the Kings forecheck better. The Kings are a very physical team for sure; their chief advantage in this series is greater strength and more hitting. They are going to try to exploit that. How do you counter it - get out of your end fast; pass the puck efficiently around the forecheck; break out; don't get caught for long forecheck shifts in our own end.

Easier said than done but essential to turn this thing around.

This is really on the mark.
Rangers started to turn that Penguins series around by moving the puck much more quickly in their own zone under the Penguins forecheck. There is no way that you out-muscle the Kings for an entire game, that would simply wear out the Rangers D in quick order.
As you say, not an easy task, but in my opinion they need to be better at moving that puck quickly against their forecheck.

Metrangerfan711

Gotta Believe!
Feb 13, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
I made the mistake of giving up on this team when they went down 3-1 to Pittsburgh. I'm not letting that happen again. Made a pump-up video for tomorrow. Let me know what you guys think!

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
AV said the Rangers need to hold serve. He made that comment after arriving here this afternoon. The Kings have played a lot of hockey. Darryl Sutter seemed concerned about the number of minutes some of his players have played in this series plus in the previous series. The Rangers need to hold serve and prolong the series. Pittsburgh in 2009 lost the first two in Detroit and won in 7 games. Boston lost the first two in Vancouver and won in 7 games. Vigneault was on the other side in 2011. Rome concussed Horton in game 3 and Boston had all of the momentum. Brass and Zuccarello played their best game in a long time. The fourth line was effective. Kreider was a beast. He needs to play that way every game. The D was better with Moore. Too many people think the series is over already. Henrik needs to channel Patrick Roy who said "no more rats" when the Avalanche played Florida in 1996. Florida didn't score another goal in the series. Hold serve.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
AV said the Rangers need to hold serve. He made that comment after arriving here this afternoon. The Kings have played a lot of hockey. Darryl Sutter seemed concerned about the number of minutes some of his players have played in this series plus in the previous series. The Rangers need to hold serve and prolong the series. Pittsburgh in 2009 lost the first two in Detroit and won in 7 games. Boston lost the first two in Vancouver and won in 7 games. Vigneault was on the other side in 2011. Rome concussed Horton in game 3 and Boston had all of the momentum. Brass and Zuccarello played their best game in a long time. The fourth line was effective. Kreider was a beast. He needs to play that way every game. The D was better with Moore. Too many people think the series is over already. Henrik needs to channel Patrick Roy who said "no more rats" when the Avalanche played Florida in 1996. Florida didn't score another goal in the series. Hold serve.
Great post, RB! I wish you would post more. Most of your post are like a breath of fresh air amongst this unsufferable dross!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad