Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Islanders-7PM ET-MSG+, NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
No matter HOW bad the Knicks are, they'll always have priority over the Rangers.

I accepted it years ago. Basketball is just simply a more popular sport as well here in the states.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
Basketball, the most boring sport on the planet but somehow it's the most popular sport over there. I will never understand.

personally i think the most boring sports to watch are battled between mlb baseball and professional soccer......

Basketball has its own problems, but i agree, it and the knicks suck on so many levels, lol

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
personally i think the most boring sports to watch are battled between mlb baseball and professional soccer......

Basketball has its own problems, but i agree, it and the knicks suck on so many levels, lol

I have to agree. I've found baseball REALLY boring to watch over the years. Even going to live games doesn't have the same appeal for me anymore. And I've never been a soccer fan either, but a huge fan when the Euro and World Cup tournaments come around, lol.

DieByTheShield

Fire AV
Sep 15, 2014
San Diego CA
Basketball, the most boring sport on the planet but somehow it's the most popular sport over there. I will never understand.

Media hype machine, basketball courts in NYC parks , and MJ made it very popular. The NBA in general is starting to decline (especially the on court product, its hard to even watch the good teams now). Just dont tell ESPN.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Media hype machine, basketball courts in NYC parks , and MJ made it very popular. The NBA in general is starting to decline (especially the on court product, its hard to even watch the good teams now). Just dont tell ESPN.

Gotta love ESPN haha

BqnQx_eCIAA25tp.jpg

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Easy availability of hoops courts versus scarce availability of hockey rinks in NYC. I remember playing hockey at Abe Stark rink in Brooklyn at 3:00 AM cause that's when it was available. Oh and not to mention hockey equipment aint cheap vs putting on a tee shirt and some shorts for basketball. If people could afford what it costs to play hockey it would easily be more popular than basketball. No wonder why in Canada hockey is numero uno...there's tons of places to play hockey there whether it be a rink or lake/pond which last I checked there aren't too many in the 5 boroughs...whatever. F the Knicks...us hockey fanatics who have either played the game or follow it closely know the real deal...hockey rules!

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
On a more related note...call me nuts but IMO, I think a statement tonight needs to be given to the Fishsticks. Something in the order of a 6-2 type of win is in order just to get their team feeling that damn this Ranger team is lethal and their delusional and paranoid fanbase thinking it's going to be a tough task to beat our team in a 7 game series if somehow we ended up meeting in the playoffs. So yeah...6-2 for the good guys sounds right tomorrow in our last game ever at the Mauseleum. Make it happen. LGR!!!

Cobra Jack*

On a more related note...call me nuts but IMO, I think a statement tonight needs to be given to the Fishsticks. Something in the order of a 6-2 type of win is in order just to get their team feeling that damn this Ranger team is lethal and their delusional and paranoid fanbase thinking it's going to be a tough task to beat our team in a 7 game series if somehow we ended up meeting in the playoffs. So yeah...6-2 for the good guys sounds right tomorrow in our last game ever at the Mauseleum. Make it happen. LGR!!!

The final score will be 4-2 Rangers.
(I'm from the future, don't ask).

Cobra Jack*

Apparently the hottest rivalry in hockey is being bumped to MSG+ for The Knicks losing their 65783648387583th consecutive game. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

As long as the game is on TV, I could give a rats butt what channel it's on. We all know hockey is way better than basketball. I don't give a crap that it's "less popular". I prefer it that way. Americans have the attention span of a knat. Basketball has 10 million whistles and 10 million timeouts. Plenty of time to get up and get a beer, scratch their butts, or whatever it is fans of these slow sports do when there is a stoppage (which is quite often).

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
As much as there's a part of me that would love the Rangers to close the Coliseum in the playoffs... walking out of there with a win tonight and avoiding them in the playoffs would be a nice "consolation" prize...

I wonder if the team is as amped to close this on a high note as the fans are?

Anyone going tonight, be safe :laugh: I seriously think if the Rangers play the Islanders in the playoffs and are winning late in the third in game 5/6 or something to clinch in the Coliseum that there may literally be a casualty or casualties in the building among the fans.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Big game tonight.

As fun as the last game was, I want to see suffocating defense from our boys tonight.

Lets retake this division.

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY
How could the schedule be that lopsided that we still have 4 games in hand on them?? People keep talking about the first place islanders, but even if we go 2-2 in those 4 games, we are still ahead. We could even go 1-2-1 and be in first based on the tiebreakers.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
How could the schedule be that lopsided that we still have 4 games in hand on them?? People keep talking about the first place islanders, but even if we go 2-2 in those 4 games, we are still ahead. We could even go 1-2-1 and be in first based on the tiebreakers.

But at the end of the day its 3 points behind until its not. Thats how it works here in reality. Anyways, nothing to day except your team is in total lethal mode. I dont think im naive enough to think we could beat you at the level your team is playing, but we always get up for these games.

It will be low scoring affair. Im thinking 2-1 or 1-1. Its going to be that kind of game.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
As much as I hate the Knicks getting billing over the Rangers, it's a business decision. The Knicks, as terrible as they are, still pull higher ratings than the Rangers.

Good news, though! NY, like most major cities, is a bandwagon town. As the playoffs approach, prepare to see increasing numbers of dudebrahs pretend they've been hardcore fans since the crib. :laugh:

On the topic of tonight's match, just win. Beat this team in their own barn one last time. I expect MSG East to be rocking.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
No matter HOW bad the Knicks are, they'll always have priority over the Rangers.

I accepted it years ago. Basketball is just simply a more popular sport as well here in the states.

not true, about a week ago ESPN radio had the Rangers game and bumped the Knicks - can't remember last time that happened

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Would it kill Nash to score a goal?

He is disappearing just in time for the playoffs

Totally undeserved, the guy has been busting his ass on the defensive side and setting the tone for the whole team past few games. He's leading by example and of course he's getting killed by you guys now because he hasn't scored 5 goals. The goal scoring hasn't disappeared, he's going to get his

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Honestly doesn't even matter if you live in NY area. Everyone gets MSG+ and in HD.

That's true, but if you don't live in the area, and PAY FOR Center Ice, you are forced to listen to Howie and Butch on NHL Network.

I ******* hate NHL Network with the passion of a thousand suns.

Then tomorrow, will be the Ranger hate fest on NBCSN.

These are the times I wish the radio feed was available online like it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad