Pre-Game Talk: Rangers in the SENS Den, thurs 7:30 on TSN

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
Despite the entertaining product on the ice, there is still a heavy negative aura surrounding the team(the recent Lebreton news didn't help).

Like Nyquil said, the casual fans, who made up the bulk of the walk up crowd on gamedays, may not know too much in depth about the current status of the team, but they know about some of the big things that happened over the past couple of years. Most of those stories have been negative and the source for most of them was Eugene Melnyk. It's going to take a whole lot of winning for the on ice product to overshadow all of the negativity.

Reactions: aragorn

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
this is actually my point lol... we sold less than 11 K last night... its not like 9 000 Die hards didn't show up.. the casuals that never went before.. are still not going.. for what really is the same excusem just masked differently.
Melnyk is most certainly a huge problem for this team... but I don't think hes the biggest problem with the attendance. that's all.. not back to hockey..

jaros is good if he can cut down on the weird giveaway passes hes out second best d man next year.
I wager that a huge chunk of people who attended yesterday were casuals

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Good game last night, Tkachuk is involved every time he hits the ice, kid is a stud.

Batherson continues to show some great offensive flair, needs to round out his game a bit, but man he's good.

The D played much better this game, forwards supported them really well in zone exits, and the rush through the NZ came in waives. If we continue to play like last night we'll win our share of games.
Agree
And when the NHL (refs) doesn't steal the show I feel like we have a chance pretty much every game with that offence
Some of our loses were directly caused by bad officiating the last couple of weeks

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
observant and smart... but... product is cheaper... and WAY more fun that last year....sounds like a bargain?

Well, I think the Melnyk hate might actually be a real thing. Not an organized boycott mind you, but people sick of the dude. This fanbase has been dragged through the mode a lot over the course of this franchises history. Of course I am not local so its just a guess, my finger is far from the pulse of the team.

Reactions: TheBradyBunch

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Can’t wait to see Brucie. Put two TVs next to each other to get his full glorious colossal mass in frame.

I burst out laughing in my workshop

White so good when he gets the puck at full speed.

Not only that, he is an animal in the offensive zone on the boards when he changes direction. Amazing edgework and pivots, pretty sure he was the best in his entire draft both legs. Huge.

A top 9 of:

Dzingel-Duchene-Batherson
Tkachuk-White-Stone
Boedker-Tierny-Ryan

Is actually a really good top 9..

Yea its the defense that needs shoring; and occasionally goaltending.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Special players aren't typically 3rd/4th liners.

I'm okay with him being considered a good 4th liner. Above average.

Insert Pageau and remove Pyatt, and that becomes a pretty great 4th line imo.

Yeah or :

Tkachuk-White-Stone
Formenton-Chlapik-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Paul

With Brown, Balcers, Norris still developing.

Trade Boedker and Tierney for picks

That could be the forward group next year. But unfortunately don’t see it happening if Melnyk still holds the team

If Melnyk miraculously sells to a group involving Alfredsson, EK comes back with a somewhat reasonable contract (let’s say 10.0 AAV) :

Chabot-Jaros
Lajoie-Karlsson
Wolanin-DeMelo
Harpur

Trade Ceci for picks; JBD and Tychonick still developing

Get a solid goalie (so Andy is 1B or even backup) and competent coaching staff and that team has a lot of potential

Reactions: Cosmix

asw

Mar 16, 2013
Here and There
Nice complete game, all lines were dangerous, and the Smith line just smothered Zib's line, had a bunch of bonus offensive zone pressure and scoring chances, and scored to boot!

Love how when the puck doesn't go in for Stone's line this game, Duchene's line picks up the slack.

Ryan had several great chances and man is he skilled with his stick.

Nice evening at the office for Andy, definitely deserved a SO finally.

Hard to imagine that we still have Brown, Chlapik, and Formy to potentially insert into the lineup next year, and that's not to mention Balls, and Norris down in college.

This team is such a pleasure to watch :)

Wolanin is also someone to watch.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
What do all these posts have to do with tonight’s game?

Speaking of the game, the Sens claimed the crowd was slightly over 10,000. They are full of it.

November 29, 2018, 7:30 PM
Attendance: 10,921
Arena: Canadian Tire Centre​

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I have always liked White... but I confess that did not expect him to look quite this good this soon. The Stone effect is real, but he looks really good. Almost like the 'Bergeron light' ceiling predictions from his draft year. Could be a really good #2 C tbh. That draft is unreal, but it looks like we came out of it as good or better than most teams. Islanders nailed it. Ottawa nailed it. Winnipeg must be pretty happy with how they did. Kudos to Colorado for not falling for Lawson Crouse trap. Philly did really well with their two picks. Top two picks were gimmies. Arizona... ouch. Boston... lol.

So many current stars are from that draft. Sorry to sidetrack the thread. I'll stop.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
If you question the sens or their management on their facebook page you are labelled as a fake fan and a hater and told to go cheer for the leafs.

If you present a different POV about the sens or their management on this forum, you are labelled as a moron fan and a EM supporter.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I wager that a huge chunk of people who attended yesterday were casuals

could have been, and I would suggest that some "sports fans" who might have attended last night had other options than watching two non playoff teams playing .......... Raptors game vs Golden State and the Saints vs Cowboys ..... and they could still check in on the Sens vs Rangers.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I know for a fact, he is not. Not at all. His wife hates it there. Miserable to say the least. No amount of California sunshine is going to move that dark cloud over him and his family.

Northern California weather is not the same as Southern California. I've spent some time there and it can get surprisingly chilly. The average daily high temperature in January in San Jose is about 13 degreees Celsius. Which is a lot warmer than an Ottawa winter obviously, but San Jose is hardly the tropical paradise a lot of people think it is.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Actions have consequences.

Eugene is being reminded of this with every home game.

Suggesting there is no link and that this is just fans being “cheap” ignores the clear evidence at hand.

With Karlsson in the lineup 11,069.

Your welcome.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
That 4th line was epic last night. I have a feeling that line stays together, and thank God for that as Duchene and Dzingel can keep doing their thing. The White line could have had 3, and even the Tierney line looked good. Let's hope no one gets hurt.

White is the key . If he doesn't get a chance as a center out of necessity, maybe none of this happens. I know Stone gets a lot of praise, but White is doing it at both ends and that one sequence that resulted in him nailing the post was a thing of beauty. Chabot. Tkachuk. Stone. White.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
That 4th line was epic last night. I have a feeling that line stays together, and thank God for that as Duchene and Dzingel can keep doing their thing. The White line could have had 3, and even the Tierney line looked good. Let's hope no one gets hurt.

White is the key . If he doesn't get a chance as a center out of necessity, maybe none of this happens. I know Stone gets a lot of praise, but White is doing it at both ends and that one sequence that resulted in him nailing the post was a thing of beauty. Chabot. Tkachuk. Stone. White.

I really love our 4th line. Smith adds so much to that line, he's really the straw that stirs the drink. That little delay before passing it to Paajarvi on that goal last night was great.

How are we going to fit Pageau into our lineup?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I really love our 4th line. Smith adds so much to that line, he's really the straw that stirs the drink. That little delay before passing it to Paajarvi on that goal last night was great.

How are we going to fit Pageau into our lineup?

What was more surprising was a sudden chemistry between them. In the first. Paajarvi put a puck between a Ranger's skates in a nifty pass to Smith. That told me things were changing with that line.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Yeah or :

Tkachuk-White-Stone
Formenton-Chlapik-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Paul

With Brown, Balcers, Norris still developing.

Trade Boedker and Tierney for picks

That could be the forward group next year. But unfortunately don’t see it happening if Melnyk still holds the team

If Melnyk miraculously sells to a group involving Alfredsson, EK comes back with a somewhat reasonable contract (let’s say 10.0 AAV) :

Chabot-Jaros
Lajoie-Karlsson
Wolanin-DeMelo
Harpur

Trade Ceci for picks; JBD and Tychonick still developing

Get a solid goalie (so Andy is 1B or even backup) and competent coaching staff and that team has a lot of potential

Please stop I can't get this excited.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
The lines used today by Boucher are perfect. It is only common sense to have these lines and actually keep them and let them play together for a longer stretch. Use the same lines on the road as well, for the love of god. It can't get any worst than a 3-10 record

It just doesn't make any sense to have Tierney and Boedker in the top 6. They are what they are and that's being 3rd liners

Slotting Pyatt and PVR into top 2 lines is just trying to act up as a coach.

Batherson needs to continue playing consistent minutes in a top 6 role or just have him sent back down to AHL. No point in having him here playing 10 minutes with Pyatt and company.

Dzingle and Duchene are meant to be together. Boucher needs to get his head out of his **** and acknowledge this fact. Stop being a wise guy and try to over coach the line combination. What's naturally working is working, he just wants to coach everything into existence.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad