Pre-Game Talk: Rangers in the SENS Den, thurs 7:30 on TSN

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
were you there?

there wasnt 11000 in the rink. it wasn't close to that. I had a leak after the game, walked to the car in lot 9 and drove out. outta there in no time.

the number of people actually there was embarrassing
I agree, it was quite embarrassing for our owner.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Good game last night, Tkachuk is involved every time he hits the ice, kid is a stud.

Batherson continues to show some great offensive flair, needs to round out his game a bit, but man he's good.

The D played much better this game, forwards supported them really well in zone exits, and the rush through the NZ came in waives. If we continue to play like last night we'll win our share of games.

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
The RSU is incredibly irrelevant and full of people with ceci-level hockey IQ. Half of them are blind supporters of melnyk, it's an extremely polarized situation in their facebook group.

If you question the sens or their management on their facebook page you are labelled as a fake fan and a hater and told to go cheer for the leafs.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Might have been Ottawa's best performance as a team of the year.

They could have scored 3 or 4 more, and the Rangers weren't dangerous at all.

Nice to see a one-sided victory with Anderson finally getting the SO. Clearly he was amped for both himself and the team.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think *most* of the people boycotting aren't boycotting because of Melnyk... its not like we EVER sold out anyway lol... they've just used this as another excuse just to be cheap, as this city always does.

"oh we wait hate Melnyk but if the parking was cheaper and tickets were cheaper we would go" (they though this would never happen) .. well it did … and now guess what.... theyre still not at the game. I think its pretty pathetic to be honest.

Again... MOST not all

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think *most* of the people boycotting aren't boycotting because of Melnyk... its not like we EVER sold out anyway lol... they've just used this as another example just to be cheap, as this city always does.

"oh we wait hate Melnyk but if the parking was cheaper and tickets were cheaper we would go" (they though this would never happen) .. well it did … and now guess what.... theyre still not at the game. I think its pretty pathetic to be honest.

Again... MOST not all

I don't agree with this at all.

My in-laws have had tickets since 2001 and they cancelled them this off-season because of Melnyk.

Same with my aunt and uncle. I had planned on it but didn't do it in time.

Yes, it's anecdotal, but anyone I know who cancelled are more than capable of buying tickets.

Reactions: RyCam

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don't agree with this at all.

My in-laws have had tickets since 2001 and they cancelled them this off-season because of Melnyk.

Same with my aunt and uncle.

Yes, it's anecdotal, but anyone I know who cancelled are more than capable of buying tickets.
I said most not all..

im not saying theyre not capable lol . weve always been capable of selling out a building..

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I think *most* of the people boycotting aren't boycotting because of Melnyk... its not like we EVER sold out anyway lol... they've just used this as another excuse just to be cheap, as this city always does.

Again... MOST not all

But isn’t parking cheaper and you could probably buy tickets for $6 or get em for free and people still aren’t going.

You call it being cheap, maybe just Sens fans are pretty observant and smart with their money being the type of town it is?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I said most not all..

im not saying theyre not capable lol . weve always been capable of selling out a building..

Sure, but they made the conscious decision to cancel.

You actually had to call someone/e-mail someone and stop the tickets from arriving.

It's different than not renewing. It's a stronger statement.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Sure, but they made the conscious decision to cancel.

You actually had to call someone/e-mail someone and stop the tickets from arriving.

It's different than not renewing. It's a stronger statement.
cancelling season tickets is a little beside my point... im talking about those casual fans.. which is the majorty of people not attending... the casual attendees, that have stopped.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
But isn’t parking cheaper and you could probably buy tickets for $6 or get em for free and people still aren’t going.

You call it being cheap, maybe just Sens fans are pretty observant and smart with their money being the type of town it is?
observant and smart... but... product is cheaper... and WAY more fun that last year....sounds like a bargain?

Reactions: asw

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

Again... MOST not all
Actions have consequences.

Eugene is being reminded of this with every home game.

Suggesting there is no link and that this is just fans being “cheap” ignores the clear evidence at hand.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
cancelling season tickets is a little beside my point... im talking about those casual fans.. which is the majorty of people not attending... the casual attendees, that have stopped.

Well, I'm familiar with them as well.

They're the ones who turn down my free tickets when I can't go because "it's all the way out there".

To be honest, with no one showing up, it's like a VIP experience where you kind of waltz in and waltz out.

The Lebreton announcement was the kiss of death for casuals because they're all just waiting for the new facility to be built.

Reactions: coladin

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Actions have consequences.

Eugene is being reminded of this with every home game.

Suggesting there is no link and that this is just fans being “cheap” ignores the clear evidence at hand.

man a bunch og the people boycotting couldn't even tell you the last time Melnyk spoke or what he said or what he had done;. they've jumped from "too expensive" to "too far" now to "oh yeah that owner isn't nice". like it literally take an absolute perfect storm for us to seel out a game.. we couldn't even sell out third round PO game...

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well, I'm familiar with them as well.

They're the ones who turn down my free tickets when I can't go because "it's all the way out there".

To be honest, with no one showing up, it's like a VIP experience when you kind of waltz in and waltz out.

The Lebreton announcement was the kiss of death for casuals because they're all just waiting for the new facility to be built.
classic

those casuals waiting for the new arena to be built STILL WONT GO! because guess what happens to the tickets? they go up in price...

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
classic

those casuals waiting for the new arena to be built STILL WONT GO! because guess what happens to the tickets? they go up in price...

That's why they are casuals.

I can't begrudge them their priorities.

You think it's all financial but with a new building the place will sell out for a few years regardless of how good the team is and how expensive the tickets are.

Just the novelty and wanting to be seen there.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That's why they are casuals.

I can't begrudge them their priorities.

You think it's all financial but with a new building the place will sell out for a few years regardless of how good the team is and how expensive the tickets are.

Just the novelty and wanting to be seen there.
yeah it will last about two seasons... and then when were bad it will be "oh the product isn't good" . the thing selling will be corporate tickets.. and that's still good.

I don't begrudge them their priorities either... but they never say " I don't want to go because I don't like it " its always something.. and now its because theyre part of this noble cause.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
yeah it will last about two seasons... and then when were bad it will be "oh the product isn't good" . the thing selling will be corporate tickets.. and that's still good.

I don't begrudge them their priorities either... but they never say " I don't want to go because I don't like it " its always something.. and now its because theyre part of this noble cause.

Sometimes we forget how little the casuals really know about the team.

Most of the casuals I know are aware that Karlsson is traded and that there's some issues with building the new rink and that's about it.

That's why I come on this board - because I need more in-depth discussion and a lot of my friends really aren't interested. If we do go to a game, it's to drink beers and chat with something going on in front of you.

They're not defensive and they don't apologize for not going because they simply don't care. They would be depressed for a couple of days maybe if the team left and then life would move on.

Most of them are outdoorsy and active people and they don't watch professional sports. My relatives are massive Senators fans so that's a relief.

One friend of mine wants the team to leave because he lives in the West End and he hates the traffic. Come to think of it, why is this guy my friend? ;)

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Sometimes we forget how little the casuals really know about the team.

Most of the casuals I know are aware that Karlsson is traded and that there's some issues with building the new rink and that's about it.

That's why I come on this board - because I need more in-depth discussion and a lot of my friends really aren't interested. If we do go to a game, it's to drink beers and chat with something going on in front of you.

They're not defensive and they don't apologize for not going because they simply don't care. They would be depressed for a couple of days maybe if the team left and then life would move on.

One friend of mine wants the team to leave because he lives in the West End and he hates the traffic. Come to think of it, why is this guy my friend? ;)
this is actually my point lol... we sold less than 11 K last night... its not like 9 000 Die hards didn't show up.. the casuals that never went before.. are still not going.. for what really is the same excusem just masked differently.
Melnyk is most certainly a huge problem for this team... but I don't think hes the biggest problem with the attendance. that's all.. not back to hockey..

jaros is good if he can cut down on the weird giveaway passes hes out second best d man next year.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
this is actually my point lol... we sold less than 11 K last night... its not like 9 000 Die hards didn't show up.. the casuals that never went before.. are still not going.. for what really is the same excusem just masked differently.
Melnyk is most certainly a huge problem for this team... but I don't think hes the biggest problem with the attendance. that's all.. not back to hockey..

It's the core that creates the buzz.

When your core is cut by half, the spin-off impact is massive.

I usually buy 4 tickets to a bunch of games, and bring people who don't usually go to the games.

Well, a bunch of those people who do that kind of thing didn't renew.

Or people who usually are the ones to rope groups together aren't going.

I do think Melnyk is the problem because of the impact on the most die-hard fans who set the tone for the casuals.

Agree to diagree I guess.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Good game! If Zibby hadn't turned the puck over on the goal I'm not sure I would have noticed them. Love watching Stone and Duchene, I hope we keep them! KInda want Dzingle to stay too, maybe knowing he's with Duchene would help sway him.

Reactions: Cosmix

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Good game! If Zibby hadn't turned the puck over on the goal I'm not sure I would have noticed them. Love watching Stone and Duchene, I hope we keep them! KInda want Dzingle to stay too, maybe knowing he's with Duchene would help sway him.

It is frustrating to see the beginning of a core develop and still not knowing what's going to happen.

Puts a real damper on the season.

Would I rather not have Brady Tkachuk and be able to cheer for my team to lose in entertaining fashion guilt-free?

Tough call.

I do think that the competitiveness we've shown at times this year may in fact help re-sign one or both of Stone and Duchene - and that may not have been the case if we were tanking.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3