Pre-Game Talk: Rangers in Ottawa, Wednesday 7:00 pm on SportsNet

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He really struggled last game but as it was previously mentioned this is likely Dorion forcing Boucher’s hand.
If its come to that kind of move to make a point on a player .. there would seem to be a severe lack of communication between Dorion and Boucher..no?

Trying to figure out this group is beyond me

Reactions: Alex1234

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Send Harpur down....so we can play Oduya in his place???Both Harpur and Chabot should be in the lineup period..I mean what the worse that could happen???We start losing games ...lol

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
If the Sens make a coaching change I hope it's for Darryl Sutter

6 hours to g0
NHL_2017_2018_Senators.png

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
If its come to that kind of move to make a point on a player .. there would seem to be a severe lack of communication between Dorion and Boucher..no?

Ever since hiring GB, all Dorion has done is go out and get him what he wants. Burrows, Wingles, Thompson, etc. If this move is PD doing what he thinks is best for the team, even if its not what GB wants, I applaud him. Though, I suspect GB is on board.

Reactions: pepty

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Ever since hiring GB, all Dorion has done is go out and get him what he wants. Burrows, Wingles, Thompson, etc. If this move is PD doing what he thinks is best for the team, even if its not what GB wants, I applaud him. Though, I suspect GB is on board.

Last year the 4th line was terrible until we got Wingels, Stalberg, Burrows... if Boucher influenced those decisions he was righ to ... I am quite sure Boucher had little to do with a 2 year extension for Burrows. Acquiring Thompson was not any kind of mistake, nor was getting Pyatt.

I am sure Dorion doesn't let Boucher do his whole job

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Maybe I should make a GDT, last time I made one was the 2nd Sweden game and we have one win since.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
calling it right now..

Craig anderson injures his finger while preparing chicken - won’t be able to start the game

Hogberg is recalled to be the back up and Condon starts

mid game Ryan, forechecking hard on a Grabner breakaway, busts as tire and collides with Condon

The two leave the ice injured

In goes Hogberg

Sens lose the game 6-3....

but start a miracle run sparked by Hogberg’s impressive goaltending start

and Mark Stone going God-mode scoring 10 consecutive GWGs

one can only wish

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

I wouldn’t think it’s a lack of communication, they just disagree on a few things. They also are home for the next week so I’m sure that factors into it a little.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I wouldn’t think it’s a lack of communication, they just disagree on a few things. They also are home for the next week so I’m sure that factors into it a little.
Dorion: Why are you playing Harpur over Chabot?
Boucher: I play the players that deserve to play...

Dorion demotes Harpur...

No problem with communication.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Send Harpur down....so we can play Oduya in his place???Both Harpur and Chabot should be in the lineup period..I mean what the worse that could happen???We start losing games ...lol
Why lose whith the players that are going to be your future team and giving them valuable experience when you can lose with Oduya hey?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
We're going to need a particularly loyal and somewhat unhinged Senators fan to put a mild Nancy Kerrigan treatment on Oduya.

Reactions: OgieO

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
calling it right now..

Craig anderson injures his finger while preparing chicken - won’t be able to start the game

Hogberg is recalled to be the back up and Condon starts

mid game Ryan, forechecking hard on a Grabner breakaway, busts as tire and collides with Condon

The two leave the ice injured

In goes Hogberg

Sens lose the game 6-3....

but start a miracle run sparked by Hogberg’s impressive goaltending start

and Mark Stone going God-mode scoring 10 consecutive GWGs

one can only wish

This story would be way more believable if you used a journeyman goalie with very bad AHL numbers. Danny Taylor comes to mind. Following the miraculous run, the Ottawa Senators reward yet another backup goalie to a 3-year contract only to completely stink up the joint the next year.

That sounds about right...

Reactions: DanyHeatley

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Gord Wilson (aka Dorion's co-mouthpiece of the org) stated earlier on TSN1200 that it would be a very bad idea to let the young players play. He feels it will stunt their development and this team is best to let the vets "figure it out".

These aren't his exact words, but he basically laughed off the notion that young guys should be playing.

Another Mr Lizard

I heard he was Danish
Nov 19, 2017
- First game back off a road trip always tough
- Back to back, players will tire in the 3rd
- No confidence
- PP sucks
- PK sucks
- Goalies suck
- Players gripping sticks, some on scoring droughts
- 1 win in 12

We're going to win tonight aren't we?

Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
- First game back off a road trip always tough
- Back to back, players will tire in the 3rd
- No confidence
- PP sucks
- PK sucks
- Goalies suck
- Players gripping sticks, some on scoring droughts
- 1 win in 12

We're going to win tonight aren't we?

In this bizarro world that this season exists in, all logic points to yes.

In which case, we'll lose anyway.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Gord Wilson (aka Dorion's co-mouthpiece of the org) stated earlier on TSN1200 that it would be a very bad idea to let the young players play. He feels it will stunt their development and this team is best to let the vets "figure it out".

These aren't his exact words, but he basically laughed off the notion that young guys should be playing.
Vets have done a good job at figuring it out so far so...
Why fix it if its not broken mentality I guess:sarcasm:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Well I think the communication is there. But Dorion is simply excercising some power.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad