Series Talk: Rangers/Craps (Game 1 is Sunday 4/21 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Here. We. Go.

IMG_0363.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Rangers have to be ready to win those 50/50 pucks in the trenches, I’m sure they are going to try to out skill Washington and they could but they are going to have to play well on the boards. When Washington gives them trouble it’s because they push the rangers around.
If we are willing to take the body, then everything else will come, because Caps are damn slow. It's making sure we win the puck battles, create that open ice and manage the puck.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
FWIW they should be the easiest team that anyone has to face the entire playoffs. They have 7 different guys who have won a Stanley Cup but saying that they are also the most inexperienced playoff team this year. Objectively speaking I don't like the makeup of the team. Ovechkin, Pacioretty and Oshie are old...though Ovie came on strong in the second half and Strome shouldn't be a 1st line center or Wilson a 1st line wing. It's like a team made up of random parts thrown together.

Lindgren shut us out once this year and Kuemper's got a Stanley Cup.....they both can be pretty good but neither of them are great. I have the feeling they're going to try to keep games low scoring and hope to take leads and then sit on them by retreating into neutral zone and try to frustrate our better players.

They have several interesting young players----McMichael, Lapierre, Miroshnichenko, Fehervary. They're a big part of their future but nothing screams top end.....well maybe Leonard if he comes out of BC.
This is exactly what they are going to try to do as It's their only chance of winning the series.

Blasds

Feb 15, 2020
Any team with Ovechkin is a dangerous team. I don't care how old he is. I'm not taking them lightly at all. Oshie is always dangerous and always plays well against us. He seems fully healthy now, which means he's a threat.

And Charlie Lindgren has done very well against us.

They're no pushovers. Don't take this team lightly. LGR
Panarin will score as many goals against Washington as Ovechkin has never seen.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Whose one-timer is better? Ovi's or Zib's? I think the latter at this point. I think Zib needs to cut down velocity for higher accuracy though.

• Haha
Reactions: Kords

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
So, we meet again.
Honestly, pretty sick and tired of it. In REAL time though, gotta love the opportunity. Heck, maybe the Caps and "of course" their fans are relishing the thought of being serious underdogs with absolutely NOTHING to lose and everything to gain. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
good points about Leonard. could see him coming up.

their young guys are good but we have to try and impose our will. one game at a time here, let the bread line f***ing feast

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I'm hoping this is a reverse 2011 series when the Rangers gave the Caps a tough five games, but the talent discrepancy was so wide (Rangers had Christensen, an ancient Propsal, Wolski, and a one legged Drury playing that series. That's the one where Callahan was injured from Chara's slap shot the next to last game of the season and Dubinsky grew the Wario mustache).

A lot depends on the availability of both Sandin and Jensen. If they're missing those two, the Caos don't have much else.

Just figure out Charlie Lindgren. Hopefully between Laviolette, Ryan Lindgren, and Allaire, they know his weaknesses. Traffic is a must and I expect Cullye to become Charlie's neighbor.

Protus and Dowd are two pains in the ass and the Rangers will need to watch. McMichael and Laperriere are good young players so the key will be to take the body and not let them get comfortable.

Capitals have the 18th ranked PK. Rangers MUST take advantage.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
The Caps have scored more than two goals once in the last 11 games.

I’m sorry but there is no excuse to lose to this team. This is a must win series and ideally it should be in 4 or 5.

Get up in games on them. Go to work and don’t get baited into any dumb bs from Wilson or any of them.

f*** Ovy. They should own this team in every zone.

Of course there is another NHL team on the ice and a very hot goalie who is easily their MVP otherwise they would not be at the Garden on Sunday afternoon.

Yes, anything can happen. And yes, this is the Rangers who don’t make anything easy.

But the Rangers should confidently win this series and use it as a spring board to boost their confidence and gain some rest days. They just need to play to the level they’ve played all year and not beat themselves.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
The Caps have scored more than two goals once in the last 11 games.

I’m sorry but there is no excuse to lose to this team. This is a must win series and ideally it should be in 4 or 5.

Get up in games on them. Go to work and don’t get baited into any dumb bs from Wilson or any of them.

f*** Ovy. They should own this team in every zone.

Of course there is another NHL team on the ice and a very hot goalie who is easily their MVP otherwise they would not be at the Garden on Sunday afternoon.

Yes, anything can happen. And yes, this is the Rangers who don’t make anything easy.

But the Rangers should confidently win this series and use it as a spring board to boost their confidence and gain some rest days. They just need to play to the level they’ve played all year and not beat themselves.
As mentioned, it would be nice if the Rangers just once in our time had a 1998 Yankees run and just surgically went through a few opponents in a row....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad