Series Talk: Rangers/Craps (Game 1 is Sunday 4/21 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Here. We. Go.

IMG_0363.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
The goalie battle between Lindgren and Shesty will be one of the most contested parts of the series. Lindgren has owned us. But Shesty has been good as of late and can turn it up for the playoffs.

Reactions: will1066

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
So they can claim they aren't dressing him just for Rempe and so Wilson doesn't have to focus on him.
No chance they play him in the playoffs though, right? Like we’ll be able to match breads line with him when at home haha

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I wasn’t remotely confident. I thought we could win, and we should’ve won being up 2-0. But going into it, it was a toss up.
I’m less confident this year given our track record against relatively unknown goalies and Lindgren is hot going in. Schmid got the best of us last year. Hopefully we can finally exorcise that demon. But .953 sv% over 3 games against us has me shook. Outside of us beating ourselves by not figuring him out I am confident. Their team is pretty dog shit. Just such a boring and repetitive matchup.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
If chytil does indeed come back do we roll

Kreider-zib-rosy
Bread-troch-laff
Wennberg-chytil-kakko
Cuylle-goodrow-vesey?

Chytil is a chess piece that can be put in a lot of spots

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Caps are a jekyll and Hyde team home and away. Loving the home ice advantage that came with clinching first overall

Reactions: bhamill

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If McIlrath is in their top-6, this should be a short series

The Pack ran over Providence and Springfield in last year's playoffs. They just blew them out. Scored a lot of goals. Against Hershey though their offense got shut down and Mcilrath was the Bears main shut down D throughout that series. They just stifled any offense. He's a big body experienced D who has come to know his limitations. On a bottom pairing in a playoff situation that's not always a bad thing. Rangers brought in Justin Braun one year.....Niko Mikkola the next. Niko's a better skater but limited in a lot of the same ways. Dylan's probably more like a bigger and much nastier and more physical version of Braun.

Rempe and him had a nice long fight last year. Matthew did pretty well but McIlrath won.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Any team with Ovechkin is a dangerous team. I don't care how old he is. I'm not taking them lightly at all. Oshie is always dangerous and always plays well against us. He seems fully healthy now, which means he's a threat.

And Charlie Lindgren has done very well against us.

They're no pushovers. Don't take this team lightly. LGR
I’m as pessimistic as the normal Ranger fan on this board, but I don’t see a good run starting with a 4-3, Rangers series win.

Play like the President’s Trophy winners

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
The Pack ran over Providence and Springfield in last year's playoffs. They just blew them out. Scored a lot of goals. Against Hershey though their offense got shut down and Mcilrath was the Bears main shut down D throughout that series. They just stifled any offense. He's a big body experienced D who has come to know his limitations. On a bottom pairing in a playoff situation that's not always a bad thing. Rangers brought in Justin Braun one year.....Niko Mikkola the next. Niko's a better skater but limited in a lot of the same ways. Dylan's probably more like a bigger and much nastier and more physical version of Braun.
This is absurd lol Braun is a million times the player Mcilrath is and so is Mikkola

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I’m less confident this year given our track record against relatively unknown goalies and Lindgren is hot going in. Schmid got the best of us last year. Hopefully we can finally exorcise that demon. But .953 sv% over 3 games against us has me shook. Outside of us beating ourselves by not figuring him out I am confident. Their team is pretty dog shit. Just such a boring and repetitive matchup.
Still a small sample size.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
It’s the Rangers so they’ll make it close anyway but I like our chances against any team with Sonny Milano and Dylan Strome in prominent roles.

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
When are series ever easy? The Caps suck but they're also obnoxious to play against, Ovechkin can still be a major factor despite being slow as shit, and Lindgren can absolutely steal a game or two (he can also give one or two away but whatever). Don't take the Caps for granted, they've been kind of charmed lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad