Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Capitals - October 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Well, what were your expectations after losing Yandle and inserting a bunch of rookies into our team (top 6, bottom 6, defense)?

Would I like for this team to be 5-0? Absolutely. But to be 3-2 and in 2nd for goals per game in the NHL despite having no real elite talent shows me that we arguably have the deepest forward crops in the NHL.

What do you do when you have so much talent up front? Use it to fill in the holes on the back. The direction of the team is very promising despite a pedestrian 3-2 record.

3-2 isn't a pedestrian record...

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Name your 5.

I agree, mine at the moment.

Sharks
Hawks
Rangers
Penguins
Tampa Bay

So I`m quite happy with our Sharks performance so far this season - I thought we were going to lose for sure. :)

Last edited:

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
outside of the laughable clear on the 1st goal Clendening was good

I noticed that his 5v5 passing was a bit more thoughtful last game. Throughout the first 3 or 4 games it seemed to me that we was trying to force a lot of outlets or would hurriedly lift the puck for a clear back to the other team at center ice. Last night he was taking a bit more time and making better passes 5v5. Or even when he did not have much time, he was making quick, more accurate passes. He was really on his game.

We'll never be able to fix his size or board play, but if he can get to the puck first and continue to make solid passes, I'll be pretty happy.

And yeah, that one attempted clear before the 1st goal was awful.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
whats the best site for game highlights now that nhl.com is the worst site on the internet?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Im always a glass half full optimistic guy but Im going to be my own devils advocate. Here are my concerns for the playoffs.

1. Defense has a top 20 guy in Mcd but other dmen are closer to 3rd pairing than 1st pairing.

2. 8 mill goalie who can play as well as top 5 but has become inconsistent.

3. No first line. We have two second lines.

4. Our 7.8 mill forward gets celebrated for empty net goals.

5. Two good rookies may be counted on for two much.

6. Two well traveled FA have some positives but you can also see why other teams did not keep them.

7. Holden/Girardi

8. Softer than Charmin

Now with all that said I still have hope. Its October. By April we should be cup ready!!!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad