Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Avalanche: It's Friday, Friday, Gotta Get Down on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
How would you run the powerplay?

Right now, Klein is probably out best RH shot so I'd use him on the right and Brassard on the left with Yandle at the point. Nash in front. Zuccarello moving around wreaking havoc.

Second unit I'd have Stepan as the QB with Boyle on the right and McDonagh on the left. Kreider or Lindberg in front. Throw Hayes in there.

I'd also tell them to move their damn feet so these positions aren't gospel. The only guy not moving should be the guy in the crease and for some reason we never have anyone in the crease.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Right now, Klein is probably out best RH shot so I'd use him on the right and Brassard on the left with Yandle at the point. Nash in front. Zuccarello moving around wreaking havoc.

Second unit I'd have Stepan as the QB with Boyle on the right and McDonagh on the left. Kreider or Lindberg in front. Throw Hayes in there.

I'd also tell them to move their damn feet so these positions aren't gospel. The only guy not moving should be the guy in the crease and for some reason we never have anyone in the crease.

Makes more sense than what we're doing now. You're hired!

member 116805

And why do we keep putting Stepan on the point on the PP? He shoots like a dying cat.

I've beyond had it with AV.

16hqf7k.jpg

Wolfy*

^^^^^^^^
Now that guy is a dedicated fan having a good time watching Rangers hockey, certainly not dying. Seems to be missing a leg though.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago

What do you think about this powerplay unit: Klein and Yandle like you said, with Kevin Hayes on the other board, Kreider in the high slot as a big body Harnell esque deflector/one time option, and Rick Nash cleaning up the garbage in the crease and working the low boards. I think that's the closest thing we can get to a Philly kind of hold the puck in powerplay with a lot of options for shots and a lot of size and skill in front of the goalie. Players cycle through the positions with Klein moving through Kreider's position or Yandle's at the very top, Nash with Kreider and Hayes, etc.

I think Hayes is underutilized on the powerplay, he's the only one who makes anything happen on his unit, except McDonagh now.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What do you think about this powerplay unit: Klein and Yandle like you said, with Kevin Hayes on the other board, Kreider in the high slot as a big body Harnell esque deflector/one time option, and Rick Nash cleaning up the garbage in the crease and working the low boards. I think that's the closest thing we can get to a Philly kind of hold the puck in powerplay with a lot of options for shots and a lot of size and skill in front of the goalie. Players cycle through the positions with Klein moving through Kreider's position or Yandle's at the very top, Nash with Kreider and Hayes, etc.

I think Hayes is underutilized on the powerplay, he's the only one who makes anything happen on his unit, except McDonagh now.

I like the idea of using Hayes more. The last time he was on the PP he missed that slam dunk against Calgary but I was quite pleased he got the chance.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Yandle should be playing all 2 minutes. There's no reason the coaches can be dumb enough to take probably the best power play player on this team and shove him on the 2nd unit and not be questioned about it.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Yandle should be playing all 2 minutes. There's no reason the coaches can be dumb enough to take probably the best power play player on this team and shove him on the 2nd unit and not be questioned about it.

Agreed on the two minutes. Don't know what offense McDonagh has shown to warrant a spot on the first unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce