Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Avalanche: It's Friday, Friday, Gotta Get Down on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfy*

If AV was happy with McIlrath he'd keep him for a while...but nope.

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
I doubt that. Maybe if mcilrath had been like a +4 with a couple assists but its hard to have a game like that. I do expect him to keep getting games now and then so management can see what they have.

Wolfy*

Oh please. He gave Dylan a shot in a huge game this week.

Don't misunderstand, I hoped he'd be in. Can only be better by playing, and I'd like to see more of him.

Btw, if Nash can't play they should really put Kreider up there. Maybe this will finally wake him up. Playing with Brass-Zucc should do him some good.

Vickers8

CTD_TLkWwAQEtlt.jpg:large

Hank made the save, Laich wacked Hank, Big Mac blasted Laich, well it was good while it lasted

Vickers8

Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie · 6m6 minutes ago
Vigneault says has not decided on Boyle/McIlrath for tomorrow, had convo with Boyle last week about reducing workload due to schedule.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I don't get it. Well I GET resting Boyle but if we're concerned about workload and being fresh for the playoffs, why is Girardi not sitting at points as well? Every single year it seems we find out about how he was playing hurt and he was banged up after the playoffs end. You'd think they'd want to rest him too since he's on the other side of 30, plays a style that takes its toll on the body, and has played 100+ games pretty much every season minus the lockout shortened season since 11-12.

Vickers8

I don't get it. Well I GET resting Boyle but if we're concerned about workload and being fresh for the playoffs, why is Girardi not sitting at points as well? Every single year it seems we find out about how he was playing hurt and he was banged up after the playoffs end. You'd think they'd want to rest him too since he's on the other side of 30, plays a style that takes its toll on the body, and has played 100+ games pretty much every season minus the lockout shortened season since 11-12.

Played 2 games in 11 nights and Boyle needed a rest?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@AGrossRecord: AV says Hank plays tomorrow vs. Avs. Won't reveal Saturday plan at Arizona but seems to hint at Raanta getting the start.”

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Nash is done, bench him the rest of the year and trade him in the off-season. He's too old to even shoot the puck without getting hurt. No wonder he is the muffin man.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Yandle on the 2nd unit and Girardi back on the 1st pair lmfao **** off AV.

Wolfy*

CTD_TLkWwAQEtlt.jpg:large

Hank made the save, Laich wacked Hank, Big Mac blasted Laich, well it was good while it lasted

Dat face, Hey...you better calm down man. Laich's teammate in the background looks a bit concerned...don't go there :laugh:

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Imagine if accountability was a real thing in whatever fantasy land AV lives in?

Scrubs like Staal would be getting healthy scratched every other game.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
With Nash injured, it could be interesting to see if Etem gets put up with Brass/Zucc.

Wonder how he'd perform, given the opportunity.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And why do we keep putting Stepan on the point on the PP? He shoots like a dying cat.

I've beyond had it with AV.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
And why do we keep putting Stepan on the point on the PP? He shoots like a dying cat.

I've beyond had it with AV.

For his playmaking I guess up there, find the weak side player, I don't mind it but I don't want Yandle and Stepan both up there at the same time since they are both pass first players. Unfortunately they usually both are up there at the same time.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
For his playmaking I guess up there, find the weak side player, I don't mind it but I don't want Yandle and Stepan both up there at the same time since they are both pass first players. Unfortunately they usually both are up there at the same time.

I don't mind using him for his playmaking but we've been using him as a trigger, which is like putting Girardi in the shootout, or using Kreider as a shutdown center who PK's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad