Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Stars - December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordeth

Sep 18, 2015
He was a first time offender and Hank was not injured. I dont think you'll get more then 4-5 games out of it then.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Boy that will show teams you cant run Henrik. AV must be tingling with joy. We are the laughing stock of the league.

I know I criticize this team a lot but how can you honestly call this team the "laughing stock of the league" when more than half of the franchises in this league would kill to be us right now?

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Hoping Kreider trucks Eakin at full speed.

Will take the hit in mid size for the highlight or along the boards for greater damage.

Either or will do.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Boy that will show teams you cant run Henrik. AV must be tingling with joy. We are the laughing stock of the league.

Remember when Beleskey broke Stepan's ribs standing literally ten feet away from Dylan McIlrath?

If somebody wants to run Hank, they're going to do it. There's nothing we can "show them" and they sure as **** don't need our permission.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Remember when Beleskey broke Stepan's ribs standing literally ten feet away from Dylan McIlrath?

If somebody wants to run Hank, they're going to do it. There's nothing we can "show them" and they sure as **** don't need our permission.

And McIlrath got an extra 2 minutes for instigating. Brilliant decision

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If these guys were so afraid of getting hit in the face that it affects their decisions, they wouldn't be hockey players.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Today we were the laughing stock of the leagues fan base Im not talking about talent Im talking about the lack of response no matter where you read people were calling us a joke and having no balls...It is what it is and its who we are being coached by AV

I know I criticize this team a lot but how can you honestly call this team the "laughing stock of the league" when more than half of the franchises in this league would kill to be us right now?

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
What's with the self-victimization here? "we are the laughing stock of the league"

Oh, people must be really laughing at the Rangers because their goaltender got ran and not because Eakins is an idiot that deserves a suspension. Oh, they weren't tough, so let's laugh at them because they're so soft and build gingerbread houses and uses hair conditioner. It's like we're a totalitarian government here and not a for entertainment hockey team. Can't have people disreskting our pride and honor.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
When we were a tough team under Torts people complained about lack of skill. Now that we are a skilled team people are complaining about lack of toughness. You just can't win. It's hard to be tough and skilled. How many teams can say they are both?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Today we were the laughing stock of the leagues fan base Im not talking about talent Im talking about the lack of response no matter where you read people were calling us a joke and having no balls...It is what it is and its who we are being coached by AV

I really couldn't give a single fiber of a single **** what other fanbases think of the Rangers.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

Good thing those fanbases matter in the long run. Amirite?

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
The Eakins hit definitely helped clear up who is on which side of the fence on the toughness issue on this board :laugh: Henrik took one for the board.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
We've been bettorb since the Buffalauge game. It's nice to see a team with enough skill and good coaching to be able to adjust and be better.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I don't want a "toughness" team or a "fighting" team. I don't think you need a player like McIlrath, ever. What if he is on the team and isn't on the ice? (A very likely scenario for anyone who has him on their team) I still want someone, anyone, to go after Eakin.

I'd be happy if the team didn't have one fight all season, other than the one where they do because their goaltender got ran.

Does it deter any future runs? No. Does it really accomplish anything? No. But in that moment after a franchise icon is ran it is not the time to think about those things. Pure emotion should cause someone to go after Eakin.

It's not about a typical standoff drop your gloves pound for pound hockey fight at that point. It's someone literally jumping on him and throwing punches or whatever you can do tohim.

Last edited:

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I want this team to win at least one more Stanley Cup before I ****ing rot in a wooden box.

Toughness and code and sending a message mean nothing to me, and I found the whole discussion really pretty embarrassing.

Kovy274Hart

Jul 9, 2004
Shaolin
www.battleofny.com

It is how the roster is put together. There are no more tough guys who can defend teammates. At least McIlrath did it and even Glass did. Not that it deters opponents from taking liberties. But the lack of response last night was pathetic.

Here is my reaction to the Cody Eakin cheap shot on Lundqvist.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Klein is that guy, he just wasn't on the ice. Really not a big deal.

the passiveness from some is odd. teams that are together everyday almost all year are like a family. if someone ran a sibling wouldn't we defend them?? I would think so. If you don't stick up for your teammate when he gets ran like that you have a weak character. I love how we play the game but when you don't respond to your bud getting trucked dirty like that it makes people sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad