Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Bruins - November 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Bob Richards*

This team scores like the puck was replaced with a marble. It's actually insane.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Personally, I'd go with this....

Kreider-Zib-Buch
Nash-Step-Vesey
Grab-Hayes-Miller
Fast-Pirri-Zucc

The first 3 lines have all flashed dominant at one time or another. I know that its sacrilegious to suggest Zuccarello play on the 4th line but I'd rather have 3 dominant line than one just because we feel the need to accommodate Zucc.

Who knows, that 4th line may end up working out really well too.

Its more that for some reason you think that Zucc is a passenger on these lines, and Kreider - Zib - Buch will work because they had a 2 game sample size to show for it.

Zib isnt playing well, whose fault is that? Chemistry? Or Zib's? Its not like Zib hasnt been given a *lot* of feeds that he's either missed or fanned on from Zucc. Im not sure whose fault that is

Last edited:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Klein had a solid game.

Loved the play where he muscled a bruin player right out of the crease area and did not let him touch the loose puck at all.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Lots of people seem to want to move Buch to Zib's wing. In fact some think if Zucc gets traded that will be the line. AV played Fast there, it doesn't seem like AV is on the same page as you guys.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Jesper "producing at a .5 PPG rate when playing on the third line but should NEVER GET A SNIFF OF THE THIRD LINE ON THIS TEAM EVEN WHEN THERE ARE INJURED PLAYERS AND PLAYERS OR LINES DESERVING TO BE BENCHED TO SEND A MESSAGE" Fast.

Fast is literally 1,000X times better than Glass and yet he's slid into Glass's whipping boy spot.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
As a Canadian that doesn't hear a ton of Boston accents, every time I do hear one, I just picture Jack Capuano spinning ******** yarn in his post game pressers.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Up to this point, I still haven't gotten the whole "Pirri is inept at playing defense" narrative. He's made a couple of soft turnovers in our zone a few times but so has every single forward on this team. While he's cooled down a bit, I'm glad to see Figno still trusting him with the 4C spot. The Pirri Buch and Fast line has been very aggressive on the forecheck and causing some good turnovers. Fast gets in there and battles real hard for the puck and emerges more often than not with control or he gets support. With fourth line offensive talent like Pirri and Buchnevich, that's real promising to see.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Jesper "producing at a .5 PPG rate when playing on the third line but should NEVER GET A SNIFF OF THE THIRD LINE ON THIS TEAM EVEN WHEN THERE ARE INJURED PLAYERS AND PLAYERS OR LINES DESERVING TO BE BENCHED TO SEND A MESSAGE" Fast.

Fast is literally 1,000X times better than Glass and yet he's slid into Glass's whipping boy spot.

Yea it's ridiculous the guys a very good role player on this team

He's actually better than grabner but grabner has been on an insane tear of late . My leaf buddy bet me he won't reach 10 goals . He's going to be wrong but still tells me jot to expect this to continue

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I don't actually like the current lines that much.

What do you think of this?

Nash-Hayes-Miller
Kreider-Stepan-Zucc
Vesey-Zibanejad-Buch
Grabner-Pirri-Fast

There is no way you break up Hayes line.

Kreider/Ziba/Buch (reunited)
Nash/Stepan/Zucca
Grabner/Hayes/Miller
Vesey/Pirri/Fast

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Keep the lines as is for now. When one line isn't on the others are. Don't tinker with lines when your team has scored 28 goals in the last 6 games (and 5+ goals in 5 of the last 6)

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Cant for the life of me understand ANY, I mean ANY complaining whatsoever! They are a team, they win and lose as a team! But, we just cant leave them alone and just find the need to nitpick.

Enjoy!, just Enjoy!

Surprised that McD isnt getting chastized for not netting one yet.

I have one that really IS important........we're starting to slouch in the FO department. Only Zib above 50%.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Up to this point, I still haven't gotten the whole "Pirri is inept at playing defense" narrative. He's made a couple of soft turnovers in our zone a few times but so has every single forward on this team. While he's cooled down a bit, I'm glad to see Figno still trusting him with the 4C spot. The Pirri Buch and Fast line has been very aggressive on the forecheck and causing some good turnovers. Fast gets in there and battles real hard for the puck and emerges more often than not with control or he gets support. With fourth line offensive talent like Pirri and Buchnevich, that's real promising to see.

Its all about what type of environment he is put it. Pirri like between Glass and Stahlberg would really be troublesome. Dom Moore in that role was forced to constantly skate back and forth the length of the ice, carry puck up to the redline for the dump-in under heavy pressure, and so forth.

That don't have much to do about defense to me, but Pirri would definitely not be strong in that role.

With Fast and Buch, that line do not go the length of the ice three time per shift. They don't get up ice by giving the puck away two times and winning it back two times. On his unit, I think Pirri's defensive positioning and timing has been solid, he comes in and puts pressure at the puck at the right times. He haven't been exposed in any way. But they key is that they can keep the puck within the team when they head up ice.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I voted for Buch, Vesey and Hayes.

Jimmy Vesey didn't have one of those "big" nights. But he so many times made very important very poised plays with the puck. Went deep to fetch it and move away from the forecheckers to get it up ice. The kid is just a good hockey player, I really like him.

Pavel Buchnevich's passing was like brilliant in this game. Damn is he threading those passes, damn is he calm when he gets the puck. No hockey game in the world gets much faster than that we saw last night. Don't keep your head up, and you can be sent tumbling in a hurry. Many kids would be rattled in that situation. And like Buch gets to sit for semi-long stretches here and there, and he has a lot of pressure on him, many players would be downright shaky in a situation like this. Or at least let the pressure get to them to the extent that they play it extremely safe. Buch is making the right plays more or less all the time.

Love to see that he is starting to rifle the puck more too when he gets a chance.

Fast-Pirri, these two are doing a great job on the 4th line. Enough defensively and in puck battles to keep their heads above the surface without the puck, and they are playing good hockey with it. Very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad