Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Bruins - November 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Nothing wrong to promote both Hayes & Miller in my opinion, but time for my beauty sleep. :)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Everything?

Nash and Hayes have both played much better since being split apart. Lets also not forget that Nash along with Vesey and Stepan have been pretty good since being put together.

Hayes miller and Graber shouldn't be touched right now either. If there are switches to be made, it should be Zucc for Buch but doing nothing (as far as the forwards go) would be better than completely nuking what they have going right now because most of it has been working.

You could switch Nash and Zucc in that lineup. I don't think that makes or breaks those lines.

The problem with Stepan, Nash, Vesey is they are all too similar. That line has no speed. Two power forwards with average speed, and a center who can't skate.

Hayes should be the top line center, and Zibanejad should be the third line center. Hayes is just playing much better hockey, Zibanejad is not playing well, and I think he really needs to be motivated. Move him down, get him playing well again. Don't let him get too comfortable.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
You could switch Nash and Zucc in that lineup. I don't think that makes or breaks those lines.

The problem with Stepan, Nash, Vesey is they are all too similar. That line has no speed. Two power forwards with average speed, and a center who can't skate.

Hayes should be the top line center, and Zibanejad should be the third line center. Hayes is just playing much better hockey, Zibanejad is not playing well, and I think he really needs to be motivated. Move him down, get him playing well again. Don't let him get too comfortable.
That's not a problem if they're playing well.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

Yep. He needs to be motivated. I don't care how it's done, but do it. Swapping him and Hayes is also a sneaky way of giving Hayes more responsibility and seeing how he handles it.

Win-win situation, especially with how well we're doing early on in the season. Can easily afford to do something like this for a game or two. Trick is to find the right time to do it. Western Canada road-trip is coming up...maybe then?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I want to see Buch back on the 1st line and Clendening get in the lineup, even just to give Girardi some rest. Other than that though **** it, keep scoring 5 goals every night. :laugh:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Cannot break up the Hayes line right now. Maybe put Vesey with Pirri and Fast, then Buch back with Kreider and DJ Zbad. Playing on the 4th line is no longer a death sentence they can score just like the other lines. They scored 21 goals this week, why would you make major changes?

Also **** NHL.com and the new Rangers website. What a joke.

Edit: lmao the Rangers scored as many goals this week as the Avalanche have all season.

I don't know. I like Grabner, but come on, the guy hasn't even scored 30 points in any of his last four seasons. Fast has more of a place in the top 9 than Grabner. He's a better offensive player. Grabner is finishing like all his chances. Whether its next week, two weeks, three weeks, he'll eventually start missing these chances, unless he's all of a sudden transformed into a 30% shooter at age 29.

I don't want to demote Vesey. He's done a pretty good job this season. I don't want Buch on the fourth line either. He's done well also. It's tough to tell a guy with 7 goals to go to the fourth line, but he was brought here to play on the fourth line. There really just isn't a solution. The two players who would go to the fourth line if Grabner is in the top 9 are skilled rookies. They just don't belong in that type of role. And while people will say we don't have a fourth line because everyone is so skilled, don't underestimate the difference between playing with first and second line forwards and having to carry the fourth line offensively with Pirri and Fast. Neither Vesey nor Buch should have to do that. They belong leaching off first and second line players to start off their career, like most rookies get the advantage of doing early on. Its really difficult to ask them to be the best offensive player, especially on a line that doesn't get the most favorable zone starts and TOI.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
I want to see Buch back on the 1st line and Clendening get in the lineup, even just to give Girardi some rest. Other than that though **** it, keep scoring 5 goals every night. :laugh:

We have won 4 in a row, 9-3 and first place. Why change anything?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
We have won 4 in a row, 9-3 and first place. Why change anything?
Honestly it's just my man-crush on Zibanejad and getting him going again, I'm fine leaving everything as it is. Except Clendening I'd like to see him in for a game or two.

I don't know. I like Grabner, but come on, the guy hasn't even scored 30 points in any of his last four seasons. Fast has more of a place in the top 9 than Grabner. He's a better offensive player. Grabner is finishing like all his chances. Whether its next week, two weeks, three weeks, he'll eventually start missing these chances, unless he's all of a sudden transformed into a 30% shooter at age 29.

I don't want to demote Vesey. He's done a pretty good job this season. I don't want Buch on the fourth line either. He's done well also. It's tough to tell a guy with 7 goals to go to the fourth line, but he was brought here to play on the fourth line. There really just isn't a solution. The two players who would go to the fourth line if Grabner is in the top 9 are skilled rookies. They just don't belong in that type of role. And while people will say we don't have a fourth line because everyone is so skilled, don't underestimate the difference between playing with first and second line forwards and having to carry the fourth line offensively with Pirri and Fast. Neither Vesey nor Buch should have to do that. They belong leaching off first and second line players to start off their career, like most rookies get the advantage of doing early on. Its really difficult to ask them to be the best offensive player, especially on a line that doesn't get the most favorable zone starts and TOI.
Hayes and Miller have been really successful with a fast winger (Hagelin in 2014-2015). I don't see any reason to change it. You're looking for a solution to a problem that isn't really there.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
We have amazing depth. Scoring 5+ a game, with different guys scoring every night....and we're on here complaining about lines? Let's just relax and enjoy this while it lasts. The Rangers "4th line" would be most team's 3rd line, heck maybe even the 2nd line for a few. It's not like these guys are being forced to play with Moore and Glass. All the ice time has been even amongst the forwards. Quit worrying about the 4th line label for a prized rookie.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Buchnevich is averaging 14:59 of ice-time per game. That's plenty. Nash is getting 16:23.

It's not a prototypical NHL 4th line. Pirri is a pure offensive player centering it. They get good ice-time. It's not like he's with Dom Moore and Tanner Glass.

McDonagh is getting, by far, more ice time than any skater, which makes me very happy.

We have amazing depth. Scoring 5+ a game, with different guys scoring every night....and we're on here complaining about lines? Let's just relax and enjoy this while it lasts. The Rangers "4th line" would be most team's 3rd line, heck maybe even the 2nd line for a few. It's not like these guys are being forced to play with Moore and Glass. All the ice time has been even amongst the forwards. Quit worrying about the 4th line label for a prized rookie.
Was just going to say this. Our offensive depth is stupid. Hell Jooris looked good too.

Last edited:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
This roster's stat line is hilarious even Girardi and Holden have 5-6 points. I look forward to every game. All of the sudden Brady Skjei has 7 assists, similar stats to McDonagh.

What a time.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Kreider probably not 100% recovered. Zibs is playing to the back of his card, streaky player

Hopefully, you're right. Kreider throughout his career has been streaky.

This roster's stat line is hilarious even Girardi and Holden have 5-6 points. I look forward to every game. All of the sudden Brady Skjei has 7 assists, similar stats to McDonagh.

What a time.

It's amazing. Offense on fleek, yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad