Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Blackhawks - December 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Great win........................but The fact you didn't agree with the previous post is crazy. I could not agree more. Too many liberties are being taken. It goes all the way back to the hit by Phaneuf that ended Sauer's career. You can do whatever you want to the Rangers and no one will retaliate.

Phaneuf's hit on Sauer was clean if I remember correctly.

Wasn't Colton Orr on that team? Didn't prevent that hit. Sauer himself was a tough guy who fought.

How are liberties being taken? You want someone to jump and fight the skill guy who's never been in a fight and is the reigning Hart and Art Ross winner and a premiere star of the league, Patrick Kane?

Or maybe we could bring Glass back up and he would've fought one of chicago's 4th liners. That would totally change everything and make Kane not get angry when he gets boarded and elbow Miller next time!

Last edited:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Liberties aren't being taken against the Rangers. Stop it with your **** narratives that fit your opinions about fighters being on hockey teams.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I haven't noticed liberties taken. Not to the degree of years past.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm trying to get people to understand advanced stats and some people are still talking about fighting and intimation.

It's like sometimes I just wanna hang it up.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
It was a fun game, but pretty uneven. I don't mean one team was way better. I mean that the play swung from exciting to boring a lot. Then again, both teams have injury bugs going right now, so it's understandable.

Happy to get points.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Lmao Miller ****ing crunched Kane like 15 seconds after the play in question.

People see what they want to see.

Every team has fans that think everyone else in the world is out to get ONLY their favorite team/player, and that none of the things that happen towards our team/players happen to anyone else. Or that their favorite team/player never does anything even remotely shady towards anyone else. Just like the eye test when it comes to evaluation of our players or applying advanced stats, people tend see and interpret certain events in a way that supports a narrative they feel is the most important/glaring while missing/conveniently ignoring events that show how things even out over the course of a game or season. C'est la vie.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
It's hockey. It's not squeaky clean, nor would I want it to be.
The kind of thing that happened with Kane is not a momentous occurrance. Stuff happened, and the game progressed. I really don't understand why such a small thing drives so much discussion.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`m excited for this night game for sure this sunday! :s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad