Confirmed with Link: Rangers Acquire Justin Falk from Wild for a 2014 6th rounder and Ben Ferriero

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Could this mean a deal like, D-man for first?

It's a damn boring day as a Rangers fan.

(btw, is the draft again two days? Or is everthing getting done today?)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Could this mean a deal like, D-man for first?

It's a damn boring day as a Rangers fan.

(btw, is the draft again two days? Or is everthing getting done today?)

This isnt gonna be a dominoes move where Falk replaces a D-man that we trade. Falk blows. Hes a guy thats only gonna play if theres an injury. Hes not gonna be replacing any starting D-man that we lose in a trade.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Well that sucks. So I'm a going to see a Rangers pick tonight or what?

I belive it's just the first two rounds, but I'm not sure. We could have a decent shot at Brett Pesce in what is a stacked draft even in the later rounds. Many have him slated as a top 4 defender. Although not much in the way of forwards outside of playing Russian Roulette with an enigma.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Glad they got some extra depth for the blueline.

Wonder if Schoenfeld counts Bickel when he talks about having 9 defensemen capable of playing in the playoffs? (hope not--never want to see Bickel in a Rangers uniform again).

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I don't like how the Rangers are throwing around their late round future picks like they are nothing.

Sather is more interested in the here and now, rather than drafting prospects who will take 3-6 years to get a sniff at the NHL roster, if the organization is lucky.

Falk fills a need and is still young enough to have an upside.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I don't like how the Rangers are throwing around their late round future picks like they are nothing.

I'm shocked Slats did make one of his annual trades with Nashville involving late round picks.

MetalGodAOD*

Really? A 5th or 6th rounder has like a 10% chance of being an NHLer, and most likely a bottom 6er at that. And that takes 3-4 years. A depth D-man that could be the difference over the season is easily worth that for a Contender.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Really? A 5th or 6th rounder has like a 10% chance of being an NHLer, and most likely a bottom 6er at that. And that takes 3-4 years. A depth D-man that could be the difference over the season is easily worth that for a Contender.

yeah, isn;'t a 1st round draft pick only carry a 30% chance of become an NHL player? That doesn't include top 6 line capabilities, either.

Picks are not players, that seems to be a serious misconception

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Exactly how I feel about depth on D.

Rangers have 7 right now, possibly 8 if you include McIlrath. We should see one more depth-type guy brought in. Maybe re-signing Eminger.

Sadly Bickel is still an alternative . 9th D . Funny how he trained w Falk who basically is taking his NHL gig

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

I understand the percentages, but when you trade away 2-3 of those late round picks every year, you don't think that is going to have repercussions moving forward? I do.

I like the idea of getting Falk back there. Big guy who can throw the body but needs to be more consistent.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Falk is RFA so we also need to actually sign him.

Why is that going to hard? Falk isn't eligible for arbtration, he's not coming off a great season and he just got traded by a team that wasn't going to send him a qualifying offer. Either he'll sign the qualifying offer the team just sent or they nogoitate a two year deal around $1.5 total.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Why is that going to hard? Falk isn't eligible for arbtration, he's not coming off a great season and he just got traded by a team that wasn't going to send him a qualifying offer. Either he'll sign the qualifying offer the team just sent or they nogoitate a two year deal around $1.5 total.

I believe he is eligible for arbitration. Still, he'll get signed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad