Confirmed with Link: Rangers Acquire Justin Falk from Wild for a 2014 6th rounder and Ben Ferriero

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
Probably not any better than emminger but a serviceable big dman with size,youth and sand as a #7 is a solid move IMO. Sheltered mins surrounded by excellent dmen might help his game as well.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I wonder if Vigneault had a say here. Canucks and Wild have had a fight filled relationship the last few years, though I don't see any record of him fightingin the games vs the Nucks. He was -7 vs the Nucks over 3 seasons.

He's from Manitoba, same as Mcilrath.

NHRangerfan

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 6m
#NYR assistant GM Jim Schoenfeld on Justin Falk: "He's a young guy who's improving. We think it's a real good fit."

More Schoenfeld on acquiring Falk for defense depth: "It's a first step. I don't know if you ever have too many."

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 5m
#NYR assistant GM Jim Schoenfeld said he believes to make a good NHL playoff run, you need nine defensemen who are capable of playing.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
#NYR assistant GM Jim Schoenfeld on Justin Falk: "He's a young guy who's improving. We think it's a real good fit."

More Schoenfeld on acquiring Falk for defense depth: "It's a first step. I don't know if you ever have too many."

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 5m
#NYR assistant GM Jim Schoenfeld said he believes to make a good NHL playoff run, you need nine defensemen who are capable of playing.

Exactly how I feel about depth on D.

Rangers have 7 right now, possibly 8 if you include McIlrath. We should see one more depth-type guy brought in. Maybe re-signing Eminger.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
found this info on him at

http://snyrangersblog.com/

The Minnesota Wild have traded defenseman Justin Falk to the Rangers for Benn Ferrieo and a sixth round pick in 2014.

Falk, 24, is an RFA and coming off a deal that paid him $825,000.

The Hockey News says that Falk is a big defensive defenseman who plays a safe and steady game.

They note that he lacks consistency in the physical game and that he shouldn’t be expected to put up many points.

Michael Russo wrote in the Star Tribune that the Wild had been shopping Falk.

Doug Risebrough, a consultant for Glen Sather, was the GM in Minnesota when Falk was drafted.

Leslie Treff writes For those that asked, Falk is a big tough sixth or seventh d; worst case winds up in Hartford. Former fourth rounder. Probably good move …”

NHRangerfan

New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 35s
Justin Falk: "I'm a big defenseman out there, and I can skate well for my size...I'll for for the big hits and will protect my goalie"

Punxrocknyc19*

New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 35s
Justin Falk: "I'm a big defenseman out there, and I can skate well for my size...I'll for for the big hits and will protect my goalie"

:yo::handclap: someone has to protect Lundqvist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad