Randy Carlyle Presser at 11AM|1/7/13|

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Lol @ Carlyle's comments about player conditioning.

I'm not saying that he's lying, because maybe it is actually true, and they had poor conditioning under Wilson... But I seem to recall Maurice saying that when he took over from Quinn, and Wilson saying that when he took over from Maurice. Pretty sure most coaches say that when they come into a new team.
carlyle is sort of different than those coach, he's known to push their players to extreme during practice and workouts. had a pretty big reputation for it even before he came here.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
carlyle is sort of different than those coach, he's known to push their players to extreme during practice and workouts. had a pretty big reputation for it even before he came here.

And hopefully Perry + Getzlaf like getting pushed :laugh: They already know what he is like which could be a negative in our quest to get them to Toronto. Could also be a big positive, I hoping it's a positive :handclap:

ForSpareParts*

You guys are awesome. Thanks for the synopsis.

:)

Thumbs up.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Carlyle stating the obvious to the silly question that yes Paul Ranger is on an AHL contract and only NHL contract players can come to camp. Why would a reporter ask that? You'd think they'd have that knowledge.

You can invite any player without an NHL contract on a tryout contract basis with an NHL team during training camp.

Its only to play in a regular season game where you need an NHL contract to perform.

I think you will see plenty of current unsigned players invited to NHL camps in hopes that they earn a new contract. Paul Ranger would qualify for that with any NHL team not just the Leafs.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
What you mean?

Poor attempt at humor on my part, but was basically saying that the media only likes to talk about the negatives(especially our team) and since Kadri has been playing well it wouldn't fit their agenda.

I'm aslo very tired.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008

I seem to recall he sometimes skates the team hard on game days. Not sure if that is still true, but is so....that makes zero sense to me.

Heista18*

Poor attempt at humor on my part, but was basically saying that the media only likes to talk about the negatives(especially our team) and since Kadri has been playing well it wouldn't fit their agenda.

I'm aslo very tired.

Haha no worries. Very true.

jughead42*

Nothing on Kadri though?

Why would Kadri be a subject for the NHL press conference? The guy hasn't even earned an NHL job yet in his 4 year pro career but the coach is supposed to address his role with the team at the opening presser? Are all the Dallas fans waiting on pins and needles to hear what their coach has to say about Glennie's role with the NHL club this year?

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Lol @ Carlyle's comments about player conditioning.

I'm not saying that he's lying, because maybe it is actually true, and they had poor conditioning under Wilson... But I seem to recall Maurice saying that when he took over from Quinn, and Wilson saying that when he took over from Maurice. Pretty sure most coaches say that when they come into a new team.

The Big difference is that Carlyle means it....

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
You can invite any player without an NHL contract on a tryout contract basis with an NHL team during training camp.

Its only to play in a regular season game where you need an NHL contract to perform.

I think you will see plenty of current unsigned players invited to NHL camps in hopes that they earn a new contract. Paul Ranger would qualify for that with any NHL team not just the Leafs.

Yes Ranger can be invited to any NHL teams training camp and sign with any NHL team.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Yes Ranger can be invited to any NHL teams training camp and sign with any NHL team.

Source?

He's property of the Marlies for this season, so I would think that another NHL team would need to get permission from the Marlies/Leafs to even have discussions with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00