OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: To Hollywood; Sans A Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
There's no way they would have turned 2 on Polanco on a slow roller like that.

Better win next inning, Hurdle now has Florimon and Stewart in the batting order. Pinch runners suck sometimes.

Yeah but he essentially conceded the run. Worked out for them I guess since they still got 2 but I would have at least tried to turn two on the force to keep the lead.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Yeah but he essentially conceded the run. Worked out for them I guess since they still got 2 but I would have at least tried to turn two on the force to keep the lead.

That's true. It never hurts to try.

I think the Cubs' 2b was trying to tag Alvarez and throw to first to get the dp but Alvarez stopped and he kind of froze because he didn't expect Pedro to stop.

And Castro makes a hell of a play to turn 2. Oh well. Bottom of the lineup next time up for the Bucs.

Mike Lange Version 2

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
Was starting to get nervous. At least Rizzo and Bryant have already hit.

Beating the Cubs with Arrieta pitching would be a boon for us if we play them in the WC game. I'm sure that's who they would send out anyway.

EDIT: Harrison owes Polanco a beer

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Bryant really scares the **** out of me. Not looking forward to watching this guy hit against the Bucs for the rest of his career.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Thats right Watson just let him get into scoring position.

Lucked out there. Castro usually destroys Pirate pitching.

Now we get the treat of watching Florimon bat next.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Kang in at short. Due to the intensity, he will have to sit the next 5 games. Never you worry, there's always Jordy Mercer and Pedro Florimon there to pick up the slack!

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Throw the damn ball Polanco!

McCutchen has been nothing but pure garbage tonight.

Last edited:

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Disclaimer: I am in no way saying Jordy Mercer is solely responsible for the downturn in the offense. I believe he is part of the problem, but I acknowledge that there are many other factors.

That being said, Jordy Mercer since his return:

.214 avg .286 obp .250 slg .536 ops- 2 extra base hits in 63 plate appearances (!!!!)

Kang in that span:

.282 avg .329 obp .465 slg .794 ops- 7 extra base hits in 76 plate appearances

Ramirez:

.259 avg .338 obp .534 slg .873 ops- 8 extra base hits in 65 plate appearances

Alvarez:

.188 avg .322 obp .458 slg .780 ops- 5 extra base hits in 59 plate appearances

The bottom 3 are being forced to split starts at 2 positions so the top guy can be a starter. No amount of defensive prowess makes up for the monumental gap in offense. Hurdle- wake the **** up and stop starting Mercer because you like him. The team is more important than your bromance with Jordy.:rant::facepalm::banghead:

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Last night's loss is on our MVP Cutch. He looked about as bad as i've ever seen. After the 2nd strikeout he was checked out. Your best player can't go 0-5 with 4 K's in one of the biggest games of the year.

And i'm not even bothering with the Mercer hate. It's not worth it and will cost us dearly down the stretch. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad