OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: To Hollywood; Sans A Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Assuming the top of the order generates some traffic, it would be nice for Neil to put one over the fence and get a cluster of runs early to take command of this series. He has three career HRs against him and a .368 batting average. Ramirez has surprisingly terrible career numbers against him, as does Cutch. Harrison, Mercer, Marte all with very good numbers, albeit obvious caveat about fairly limited sample size and so on.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Just looked at the weather outlook for Pittsburgh and I could cry... What a collasal waste of money this is turning out to be and I didn't even leave my city yet. FML.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Off topic'ish, but what do you think of the announcers. Neverett vs Brown. They rotate radio vs tv which is odd, but interesting.

I never watch the games but I listen on the radio a lot when i'm working. I find Brown to be unbearably bad. Like steiggy, except a little bit more competent. I think neverett is a very good good announcer. Slight home bias which is good for a regional announcer, but nothing like the the jack edwards of baseball, brown.

Just curious as to who people prefer.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Don't like J-Hay in the 2 hole. Doesn't get on base a bunch and while he is fast, he's not a top level burner a'la Marte and Polanco.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Off topic'ish, but what do you think of the announcers. Neverett vs Brown. They rotate radio vs tv which is odd, but interesting.

I never watch the games but I listen on the radio a lot when i'm working. I find Brown to be unbearably bad. Like steiggy, except a little bit more competent. I think neverett is a very good good announcer. Slight home bias which is good for a regional announcer, but nothing like the the jack edwards of baseball, brown.

Brown by a country mile. Not that he's great or anything, but he has fun with it and some good trademark calls. Neverett is just a snooze.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh

Greg Brown's calls on certain walk-offs or super-important plays give me chills. Though sometimes he can botch them horribly. Neverett is alright. Doesn't capture excitement well though.

Would love it if the Indians' Tom Hamilton was the radio guy. That guy can call a baseball game.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I never could stand Brown for the longest time. I do like him now. I don't mind Neverett.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Happ. This dude was awful before being a Buc.
240px-Ray_Searage_yelling.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad