OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Sell the Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
My offseason pipe dream with Stanton limiting his teams to NYY and LAD...

Stanton goes to LA. LA now needs to move Puig or risk platooning/benching him and losing his focus. SF missed out on their OF solution and turns back to Cutch. Move Cutch to SF for Panik and Steven Dugger (which allows Harrison to move to 3B full-time and lets Fraizer focus on being the 4th OF and emergency 2B with Moroff backing up at 2B) while also not having to rush Meadows if he's not ready (or hurt again).

Then, the real pipe dream begins... snatch up Puig and all of his $9.2m for 2018. Overall still saves money and doesn't leave any massive holes.

Marte, Polanco, Puig would be an extremely fun OF to watch. I would be tempted to have the best corner OF defense in the world with Marte and Puig while letting Polanco try to be an average CF, but I think Marte would end up in CF again and I'm not sure how I'd split up the corners with Coffee and Puig.

Like I said, pipe dream, but fingers crossed.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
My offseason pipe dream with Stanton limiting his teams to NYY and LAD...

Stanton goes to LA. LA now needs to move Puig or risk platooning/benching him and losing his focus. SF missed out on their OF solution and turns back to Cutch. Move Cutch to SF for Panik and Steven Dugger (which allows Harrison to move to 3B full-time and lets Fraizer focus on being the 4th OF and emergency 2B with Moroff backing up at 2B) while also not having to rush Meadows if he's not ready (or hurt again).

Then, the real pipe dream begins... snatch up Puig and all of his $9.2m for 2018. Overall still saves money and doesn't leave any massive holes.

Marte, Polanco, Puig would be an extremely fun OF to watch. I would be tempted to have the best corner OF defense in the world with Marte and Puig while letting Polanco try to be an average CF, but I think Marte would end up in CF again and I'm not sure how I'd split up the corners with Coffee and Puig.

Like I said, pipe dream, but fingers crossed.

Fun or frustrating?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I'd go after Yelich. The Marlins are basically giving players away. Great contract. He's a GG LFer. Move Marte to CF, Trade Cutch.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Fun or frustrating?

Probably both, but might as well have some fun and some cannons in the OF. If they're not gonna hit a ton of homers, might as well have Greg Brown's "cannonball coming" put to use on the defensive side.

I'd go after Yelich. The Marlins are basically giving players away. Great contract. He's a GG LFer. Move Marte to CF, Trade Cutch.

Marlins have already said Yelich is untouchable. Has a reasonable contract until his age 30 season, so I doubt they're bluffing on that. 2020 would be the earliest I could see them looking to move him ($9.7m to $12.7m to $14m then $15m), should their finances not change much.

Not to mention the haul that the Marlins would need to part with him. $7m this season and entering his prime. They're not desperate to move that small of salary for nothing.

Last edited:

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Judge will be a one season wonder unless he figures out how to hit. Swinging for the fences and K-ing at that rate will not enable a long career.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
He will not. He's more likely to be back in AAA figuring out his swing. You don't K nearly 40% of the time and have a long career. Pitchers will figure out what he hits and just not throw it.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
yes it will.

He'll be over 35 HRs and a 400 OBP for the next decade
The guy never hit 20 HR in the minors or was at .400 above A ball. Goes to show that juiced balls don't affect all players equally.

And Judge will be 26 by next season, he won't be doing that until he's 35. If you look at the highest SO seasons of all time by a batter, most of those guys are below average at the plate after the age of 30.

Last edited:

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Judge will be a one season wonder unless he figures out how to hit. Swinging for the fences and K-ing at that rate will not enable a long career.

Dude hit 280 and he walks a ton. He'll be fine. Every player has cold zones.

At the very worst he will be Stanton mark 2.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
To no one's surprise the Pirates don't believe Kang will be with the team next season.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
To no one's surprise the Pirates don't believe Kang will be with the team next season.

I doubt the man ever sets foot on US soil again, let alone plays ball in the US.

On another note... I've seen a couple baseball writers mention that their "gut feeling" is that Cutch is moved at the Winter Meetings.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Interesting. As a Yankee fan, I'd rather hold onto Andujar over a guy like Frazier only because he projects as a 3B. I like Frazier's bat better, but I can understand the Pirates being hesitant on that because their outfield is pretty decent already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad