Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (Lottery is May 7th @ 3:30PT , ESPN)

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
That is not what the quote was. It was what his coach told him regarding if he should look to pass or shoot more. He's not that daft.

Why has he not improved the things every scout says he should, I can't say. What everyone is expecting of him would not be a secret to him, seeing his stock take a dip and not know why would be improbable. That is why I would avoid him, unless it turns out it was due to some bad influence, like coaching, mentoring or whatever.
Here is the quote:
“I think I have a pretty well-rounded game, it just gets overlooked because of how much I score. It’s almost one of those things where the scoring rates work against you,” Eiserman said. “Obviously the No. 1 thing I do is score, but I think I pass the puck very well and that’s a big part of my game. And my 200-foot game from last year has gotten really good. My coaches are saying that it’s definitely not a problem anymore and it’s perfect.”

He was talking about his "pretty well-rounded game" that his coaches are saying "it's definitely not a problem anymore and its perfect"

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Naw a win is a win.

It basically sets the Ducks forwards for the next 10 years lol. Just draft nothing but defensemen for the next 5 years.

Carlsson
Zegras
Celebrini
McT
Gauthier
Terry

Funny enough, 5 of them can play center lol
That would definitely let us have some insane pairs of forwards
Cutter Carlsson
Celebrini McTavish
Zegras Terry

Plug in Vatrano, Killorn, and Strome or Colangelo (if he earns a spot).
Cutter Carlsson Killorn (they looked good in their one game)
McTavish Celebrini Colangelo
Vatrano Zegras Terry
Lundestrom Strome Leason

Mintyukov FA (Roy, Pesce, etc)
Fowler Zellweger
LaCombe Gudas

Fowler and Gudas only have 2 years, you could "easily" move Fowler at the deadline or more likely next summer if Luneau forces his way on to the team. Ideally, Fowler is moved for a defensively responsible RD with similar term, but that's not likely.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Celebrini is in a tier of his own. What would you trade pick 1 for?
Not so sure who or what id trade for... i just really prefer not to add another high end LH forward to the group.

im sure there are some pretty good moves to be made there, whether its for help now, or adding assets to a high pick this year.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don’t get me wrong, We land Celebrini awesome. But we have 4 young guys (Leo, Z, Mac, and Cutter)who all can be potential Top 6 C’s for us, and I feel the need is more on the defense side of things. I am really liking the other options in the top 5 on D. And there is a need there.

Last edited:

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Not so sure who or what id trade for... i just really prefer not to add another high end LH forward to the group.

im sure there are some pretty good moves to be made there, whether its for help now, or adding assets to a high pick this year.
Celebrini is the same tier as Carlsson so we would be adding another prospect of that calibre. Even though we dont need another elite F I would be very happy to add another legit #1OA talent.

Over the last decade I would have Celebrini as the 5th best #1 pick as of today.
1. McDavid
2. Bedard
3. Matthews
4. Hughes
5. Celebrini
6. Dahlin
7. Power
8. Hischier
9. Slafkovski
10. Lafreniere

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
You always draft Celibrini, especially in this draft where the #1 player is so clearly above everyone else. If we have too many top 6 forwards, we trade one for a top 4 D. Celebrini is projected to be a better player than Zegras or McTavish. If Minnesota wants to move Faber+ for Celebrini, I guess you take that call.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
That would definitely let us have some insane pairs of forwards
Cutter Carlsson
Celebrini McTavish
Zegras Terry

I love pairs! They easier to find chemistry with than with a whole trio. Plus, injuries always happen having pairs makes it more convenient to plug & play.

Positive side of things is this will definitely help with our bottom-6 offense. So if Cronin can't actually coach offense, then adding a #1 overall Celebrini to our group can only help us score more goals at ES and on the PP. That's one obvious way of continuing to improve our goal differential.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Here is the quote:
“I think I have a pretty well-rounded game, it just gets overlooked because of how much I score. It’s almost one of those things where the scoring rates work against you,” Eiserman said. “Obviously the No. 1 thing I do is score, but I think I pass the puck very well and that’s a big part of my game. And my 200-foot game from last year has gotten really good. My coaches are saying that it’s definitely not a problem anymore and it’s perfect.”

He was talking about his "pretty well-rounded game" that his coaches are saying "it's definitely not a problem anymore and its perfect"

I see, you are correct. One of those things where the quote was so bad, I must have made sense of it later.

Still, it's not as black and white as a massive red flag from the one quote, he has worked on it and there's some improvement. But he has an attitude that hurts him seeing what's actually going on and what he needs to do to become better. And yes, that's an issue.

Reactions: Rasp

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Don’t get me wrong, We land Celebrini awesome. But we have 4 young guys (Leo, Z, Mac, and Cutter)who all can be potential Top 6 C’s for us, and I feel the need is more on the defense side of things. I am really liking the other options in the top 5 on D. And there is a need there.

If Celebrini lives up to expectations, you'll have time to evaluate and possibly trade one of the lesser forwards in the future. You wouldn't trade away the potentially best one.

Also, having him, Leo, and Cutter on ELCs would give management significant cap flexibility in the near-term.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
I see, you are correct. One of those things where the quote was so bad, I must have made sense of it later.

Still, it's not as black and white as a massive red flag from the one quote, he has worked on it and there's some improvement. But he has an attitude that hurts him seeing what's actually going on and what he needs to do to become better. And yes, that's an issue.
I say if you are somewhere in the #6 - #10 range, Eiserman is a logical choice. But I would also steer away from him with any pick higher than that - and worst we can go is #5, unless the league would like to do us dirty and bend us over for the Florida camp thing.

Something, you know...miniscule, compared to what landed Shitcago Bedard, but we love standards and make them double, eh, Gary?

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
I say if you are somewhere in the #6 - #10 range, Eiserman is a logical choice. But I would also steer away from him with any pick higher than that -..

Kind of like last year, if we'd been sitting at 4 then I'd have had no problem rolling the dice on MM. But with guys like Carlsson and Fantilli around you don't have to take that chance.

I don't know enough about Eiserman to say if he'll be Brett Hull or Joffrey Lupul or far worse. But some team in the top 10 will take a chance on him, when the other options are flawed defensemen and forwards who probably top out as middle 6 types.

Although if you really really believe he's the next Mike Bossy, then you take him as high as 2.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Kind of like last year, if we'd been sitting at 4 then I'd have had no problem rolling the dice on MM. But with guys like Carlsson and Fantilli around you don't have to take that chance.

I don't know enough about Eiserman to say if he'll be Brett Hull or Joffrey Lupul or far worse. But some team in the top 10 will take a chance on him, when the other options are flawed defensemen and forwards who probably top out as middle 6 types.

Although if you really really believe he's the next Mike Bossy, then you take him as high as 2.
Though I'd love to have a Loops on this team again, honestly. His four-goal game in the PO is still up there for the most iconic Ducks moments.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
I say if you are somewhere in the #6 - #10 range, Eiserman is a logical choice. But I would also steer away from him with any pick higher than that - and worst we can go is #5, unless the league would like to do us dirty and bend us over for the Florida camp thing.

Something, you know...miniscule, compared to what landed Shitcago Bedard, but we love standards and make them double, eh, Gary?
Ducks are in a rare position where the C and D ranks are so stacked we could use the pick for wing but I really doubt Eiserman is what Verbeek's eyeing.

If you weigh compete and IQ a lot the wingers (or forwards) would be listed Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom, Iginla, Catton even Greentree maybe before Eiserman. Then it's up to position where you want to rank Helenius. I'm sure some teams have him over Eiserman as he is pretty much exactly his opposite.

Reactions: Kalv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad