OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Sell the Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
One of the (many) things that pisses me off with the "best management team in baseball" is the way they continue to insult our intelligence with the BS they spew. They try to spin things and think we are stupid enough to buy it. They've done if for years now and will continue to do so.

ResignCraigAdams

Mar 15, 2017
DKK-bckWsAAvjrk.jpg

Normally I'd be kind of excited for this... until I saw the stat about the value Pirates draft picks have given the team over the past decade. Which I'm assuming is propped up as high as it is because of Cutch's 4 season span of 27+ WAR.

Would not be surprised if the Bucs are picking 5th.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Juan Nicasio picks up the win and is 1-0 with two saves against the Pirates.:popcorn:

Dread Pirate Roberts

Jul 2, 2008
Mountain West
I still can't believe he wasn't traded at the deadline. It's a small thing in the grand scheme, but when you can't even get the basic, obvious moves right then that's a terrible sign.

Not only that, but they had an offer for him in a waiver trade in August and didn't take it because it was "marginal value" and some ******** about finding a better situation for Nicasio. Well, marginal value is better than no value and Nicasio ended up on the worst team in baseball. So yeah, excellent decision-making on display there.

EDIT: It's actually even stupider than that. Philly claimed him and then traded him to the Cardinals a week later. So all NH did by placing him on unconditional waivers was to give Philly a free asset.

I wish I could get four-year contract extensions for making decisions like that.

Last edited:

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Not only that, but they had an offer for him in a waiver trade in August and didn't take it because it was "marginal value" and some ******** about finding a better situation for Nicasio. Well, marginal value is better than no value and Nicasio ended up on the worst team in baseball. So yeah, excellent decision-making on display there.

EDIT: It's actually even stupider than that. Philly claimed him and then traded him to the Cardinals a week later. So all NH did by placing him on unconditional waivers was to give Philly a free asset.

I wish I could get four-year contract extensions for making decisions like that.

I wasn't aware of that, but that makes it even worse. It's not like Nicasio is some chump, he was worth 1.5 WAR with us this season. That's over a full win more than Joaquin Benoit has been worth.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I ran over my parent's house today to borrow my dad's truck to haul some scrap wood and such after starting to clean my basement (so much fun... and mold). So I haven't seen anything on anything in the world of sports. We were talking about the Steelers and the game and I casually asked my dad what the Pirates were doing. Keep in mind my father is a huge Pirates/baseball fan. He said, "Who cares".

That's when I knew we've pretty much hit the bottom.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I wonder if there is some stupid team that will trade for Hudson in the offseason? Good thing NH signed him for two years.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Chuck's ability was never in question; we've all seen him look very good. His problem is health, and I would be surprised if he managed to make it 2 full seasons without missing significant time.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5

I guess this is a decent start to the off-season

And kudos to Jaso for wanting to help out there. All my bashing was for player Jaso. Jaso as a person seems to be a pretty stand up guy.

Reactions: TNT87

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Quite the start to the Wildcard game. 3-3 after the first inning. Would be nice to see the Twins pull off the upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad