OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Sell the Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5

That slider will play well in the MLB. He setup that slider with a 100+MPH fastball a couple pitches before. I'm really interested to see Otani come over and watch how whoever signs him uses him. Pitcher/DH? Pitcher/4 OF? OF/Reliever? Full time one way?

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
why is that tagged kbo? some sort of japan vs korea tournament? strange

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Yeah, I'm definitely going to tune in tonight to see what he can bring. I would have been fine with just letting him end his season on a moderate high note with Indy, but it's plainly obvious that a lot of the starters need breathers, and so there are enough opportunities to go around for him and Brault. It's not like there will be any lower pressure situation: he's been grooving for several weeks in Indy with new confidence, and these games are totally and completely meaningless.

Even if he just has two 5-6 IP starts with low walk totals and 2 or 3 runs, it would be a solid note to end on.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
That is up there with the worst single play calls I've ever seen in my life. Diaz is compounding things with a weird, hunched-over approach, but there's no way that should have affected Welke. Hurdle looked like he owned him pretty hard -- he barely said anything at all, probably because there was nothing to say.

Some karma with an out at third and now Glasnow is in a similar situation to what he should have been, just with one less K

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Glasnow must start pitching to contact a little. 30+ pitches in an otherwise solid inning just should not happen this regularly.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Yeah, there was too little ability to strike guys out when he got ahead. That's a bit of a worry for me going forward: when he's really on, you can see him go right for the throat with strike three, but his fastball can end up being easier to foul off or just avoid when you are sitting for it, which means that patient hitters can work counts for a mistake or walk.

It looks like he's throwing a 91mph changeup, and he mixed in a couple of good ones. Hard to draw too strong of conclusions because the inning got weird thanks to Welke's ********. Probably better to see him challenged like this, now let's see if he can shake it off and get back out there. Brown and Walk are balancing homerism with boring analysis right now, but Walk is right that we need to see that he won't now fall apart, especially in such a meaningless game.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I think he got ****ed on 3 strike calls. Each time Diaz had to throw and the one where he had to backhand it.

Electronic strike zone can't come fast enough. Shut these stubborn umps up.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Much better second inning - I was pretty worried he would walk the pitcher. I'll be really happy if he gets through six, although part of me is also hoping he only goes 4.2 or something and gets a few more bad call walks, because another team in my league has him during the playoffs, and so might cast him off if he has a mediocre start, since it's do or die right now, and I'd like to have him back.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Extremely less than ideal end/third inning. Basically flashes of something better, but no real results.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003

Sounds like he really put together a nice game. Double, HBP, bloop single in the second for 2 runs, but otherwise, practically a dominant no-hitter. Sitting 96-97 with the fastball. He just finished with around 100 pitches, and 7.1 IP.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Internet find of the day...

DJuhFb7VwAECCEd.png

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
There isn't much support left for the Pirates. When my father and uncles have had enough there is trouble in river city. This ownership is going to see how far revenue sharing gets them when they average 9,000 people next season.

My father, his brothers, my neighbor, and my buddy who is a judge have all canceled their season ticket packages. They've known my disdain for years but that liriano trade killed them. This year was the "wait and see" year and they saw that it was the same old bottom line bucs.

Save 600K to get rid of a decent MLBer for nothing? Well.... that's it folks time to move on to other things.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
There isn't much support left for the Pirates. When my father and uncles have had enough there is trouble in river city. This ownership is going to see how far revenue sharing gets them when they average 9,000 people next season.

My father, his brothers, my neighbor, and my buddy who is a judge have all canceled their season ticket packages. They've known my disdain for years but that liriano trade killed them. This year was the "wait and see" year and they saw that it was the same old bottom line bucs.

Save 600K to get rid of a decent MLBer for nothing? Well.... that's it folks time to move on to other things.

I was lectured to over and over here for having the same opinion.:amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad