OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Anything But Miller Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
Thats Greg Brown. He is on the radio today.

The TV announcer is Tim Neverett. Golf announcers are more exciting.

He's always screwing up names, balls and strikes and the occasional play in the field.

Probably the same one earlier when Mercer got taken out and is on the ground in obvious pain with the cart coming to get him said 6 times "That doesn't look good".

Yea, thanks Captain Obvious.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Lol are they really dangerously close to dropping three straight to Milwaukee? These are the series that should be automatic wins, not praying for another miracle series against saint Louis.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Decker trying to make the rest of the season even more challenging by taking Cole out.

Lol are they really dangerously choose to dropping three straight to Milwaukee? These are the series that should be automatic wins, not praying for another miracle series against saint Louis.

Usually playing the Brewers in Milwaukee is our "house of horrors" . That coupled with facing them when they are playing their best ball of the season wouldn't surprise me if they swept the Bucs.

Jungman is psyched out by Locke today. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
This is exactly what they didn't need. Another series in Milwaukee to get in their heads and set them up for an epic second half collapse.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Come off the biggest series of the season and throw up quite possibly the worst effort in 3 games against a team who doesn't have a winning records (albeit they have been coming on strong).

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
That's just a bit dramatic.

Nah, they have big issues that are all coming to a boiling point and this is the type of series to put them in a tailspin.

Marte stinks and is uninterested a lot of the time. Strikes out a ton, weak throws from the field and just unforgivable base running for a MLB'r.

McCutcheon was turning his season around, but maybe not.

Today may be the best we see from Locke all season and it won't be good enough to overcome the eight strikeouts from our batters.

WAY too many guys left on base recently, how many today? SO many in scoring position with less than two outs.

Pedro Alvarez flat out sucks.

Lots of things they have been getting away with due to the pitching staff. Better hope Lariano is OK.

They are gonna play the wildcard game and I'd like to know which left handed pitcher among our possible opponents you think they can beat?

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
If you look at this series you can actually make a good case that Milwaukee has put a better pitcher and better lineup on the field all 3 games.

With the injuries starting to pile up combined with the Pirates schedule this could be a very bad stretch of games for the Pirates.

Steve Durbano

Mar 27, 2011
Burbs of Bmore
Marte....such promise and talent, short circuited by a lack of intelligence and motivation. That throw from center was inexcusable. Ramirez scoring from first?

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Just forget that whole series. Bummer. Pick up the pieces tomorrow and go strong.

That is Hurdle's biggest strengh as a manager, he keeps the team in a good mindset and they put these kind of bad series behind them.

I'll go out on a limb and say they play some solid ball in KC.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
If you look at this series you can actually make a good case that Milwaukee has put a better pitcher and better lineup on the field all 3 games.

With the injuries starting to pile up combined with the Pirates schedule this could be a very bad stretch of games for the Pirates.

I've been thinking that too. I know they have a great record but some of the players just don't give me a ton of confidence. Polanco has been coming around but his average is still, well, below average. Pedro hasn't been reliable. And the guys on the bench? Fuhgeddaboudit. I'm not sold on Mercer either. If we can get J-Hay back a little before schedule and some good acquisitions I'll be a little more at ease. Cutch, Walker, Marte, Kang, Harrison and Cervelli is still a great core to work around.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Since they shortened his swing about a month ago, Polanco has been an ideal leadoff hitter. He's been drawing walks and getting hits while having decent power. I fully expect him to have a great 2nd half. His tools are starting to show up on the field.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Bottom of the 17th coming up in the Mets/Cards game. Mets have left 24 on base so far...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Nice to see St Louis lose, too. 4.5. It's almost as if we both went 2-1 and the Buccos/Stl split their series.

So.... technically not all that bad that we got swept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad