OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Anything But Miller Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
They need to do something about the infield dirt. Guys keep getting stopped dead in their tracks trying to slide.

Blame the weather.

Seriously, stop with the weather. There's been more rain delays this season than we've had days with any rain in my 3 friggin' years in LA :help:

The dirt is atrocious...but I don't really know what they can do to fix it when it keeps getting rained on.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
It's usually Polanco and his giraffe legs. Pretty sure an actual newborn giraffe could run more gracefully than him.

We have had a couple opponents try to steal only to get caught in the dirt...best way to get Billy Hamilton out.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I never see any opposing players have trouble sliding at PNC, its always the Pirates players.

Are you trying to say Marte and Harrison nearly tumbling head over heels trying to slide head first had nothing to do with the dirt?

At the very least Polanco has had 3 good ab's today.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It is a little weird how it's always the Buccos. Probably more of a coincidence, but when you think of it very quickly - it is all the black and gold flopping around like idiots.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That's what 100 straight days of rain gets you. Can't fault fans for leaving after about a 2 hour rain delay.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I hate to put pressure on a game like this, but it's VERY important to get this win tonight. Gaining momentum and putting pressure on that STL series would be beautiful.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I wonder what the player's opinions of Pittsburgh are after all the rain recently :laugh:

Funny you say that. I was thinking the same thing for guys like Kang or even teams that come in every now and again. This city is ****ing down right beautiful when it's nice. This city looks depressing as all hell when it is raining.

The Buccos have to be sick and tired of this weather.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Funny you say that. I was thinking the same thing for guys like Kang or even teams that come in every now and again. This city is ****ing down right beautiful when it's nice. This city looks depressing as all hell when it is raining.

The Buccos have to be sick and tired of this weather.

My thoughts exactly. It's a wonderful city with lots to offer. But when you play baseball you don't really get to experience it that much. My main concern, dumb as it may be, is that it'll keep guys from signing/re-signing here.

Edit: After I type that, I see Cole (I think) squeegee-ing water into the drain. Can't imagine that's enjoyable for him :laugh:. With him though I'm sure it'll be money that prevents us from keeping him long-term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad