Pre-Game Talk: rags

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Honestly the Rangers scare me a whole lot less than when we faced them in 2022. On paper this is seems like it’s going to be a very even/long series. I’m feeling Canes in 6. If we can shut down their PP, it could be over sooner, but missing Fast is going to make that more difficult.

I realized the impact of missing Fast after round 1. The need to move Jarvis to a different line somewhat handicaps that top line, and it was the line that was red hot going into the playoffs. He had a great post season last year too 6g 3a in 15 GP, and he plays with grit.

Last edited:

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Will Ballys air 2nd round or do we have to go with national broadcast now?

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Any clue when game 1 will be? I guess we're still waiting on BOS/TOR to finish.

giphy.gif

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
rags fans think they're going to "end an era" for us somehow. similar to how they "ended the Crosby and Ovi eras" lol. yes we have FAs, but we have plenty of cap space and prospects in the mix and a young core, we ain't going anywhere any time soon regardless of what happens this series.

But even aside from that, the premise that they ended Crosby/Ovi eras is completely f***ing absurd lol. Pens and Caps had already both become irrelevant in terms of contending for a Cup before the Rags beat them in the playoffs, and they're both still in the league and will surely be for another 2+ years. incredible the egos on these people

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
rags fans think they're going to "end an era" for us somehow. similar to how they "ended the Crosby and Ovi eras" lol. yes we have FAs, but we have plenty of cap space and prospects in the mix and a young core, we ain't going anywhere any time soon regardless of what happens this series.

But even aside from that, the premise that they ended Crosby/Ovi eras is completely f***ing absurd lol. Pens and Caps had already both become irrelevant in terms of contending for a Cup before the Rags beat them in the playoffs, and they're both still in the league and will surely be for another 2+ years. incredible the egos on these people

But they're winning the cup haven't you heard? It's in the bag. We can all tell too since they swept the Caps.

Honestly, probably best to just avoid any of their fans internet sounding boards throughout this series. It's gonna be toxic af. Also good to remember that these places generally attract the worst variety of a fan base.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
The perennial match up in which I am forced to look into the mirror of my own obnoxiousness as a fan of other New York sports teams

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, as someone who has lived in and has family and friends in NY and NC, great people all around. Usually just the fringe idiots that give fanbases a bad name.

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
I am not looking forward to hearing about how great the rags are from the ABC/ESPN/TBS announcers while forgetting to mention the team they are playing against.

If they do that I might just mute the game and watch it with no sound and no captioning. If Trip and Mike are doing it on radio I may listen to them and watch the game that way.

Will Ballys air 2nd round or do we have to go with national broadcast now?

Unfortunately, they only air the first round of the playoffs...but man do I wish it was the entire playoffs.

Reactions: CandyCanes

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019

Hmmm...The Pens have won 3 cups in the last 15 years and the Caps 1. How many have the Rangers won? Zero.

Last time they tried for a cup they lost in 5 to Justin Williams and the LA Kings.

Heck, Carolina has even won a cup since the Rangers last won their cup.

Like I said in an earlier post though; cockiness. It's why I want Carolina to beat the Rangers so bad...even though I'm not doing a prediction in the playoffs.

I mean, they were three points better than us this season; it's not like they dominated the division.

I will say this; Carolina did DOMINATE one game vs the Rangers this year in MSG. Hoping for more of that although I have a feeling every game will be a one goal game (not counting any ENG's that may be scored in the series).

Last edited:

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I'm guessing Bally's is done for the year

National broadcasts after Round 1 are expected but what is disappointing is that Dundon/Bally's are not hosting pre and post game broadcasts. That would be spend worth investing in to keep fans engaged.

I've noted before that LY Bally's in Florida ran pre and post game shows during the Cats run to the Finals. Of course, bigger markets will too as they control the channel (Rangers, Boston and/or Toronto).

Edit: I'd add that even though the NHL takes their cut (35%), playoff games are huge money makers for owners. Canes will have at minimum 5 home games this year which I'd guess will generate $20M of revenue for Dundon.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad