Pre-Game Talk: RagCar

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I have a bold prediction.

After sitting in the press box, Victor Rask is going to come back mean.

If he's as competitive as he's rumored to be, then he's about to cross that line from "man, I'm just so bad, why aren't things working" to "**** THIS I'M ABOUT TO KILL SOME MOTHER****ERS OUT HERE".

It could change the outcome of the season entirely if we all the sudden had another goal scorer show up. I just don't have much hope. I would love to be wrong, obviously.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
looks like he is going to be sitting again wednesday too

sux 4 him

He should sit Wednesday. The team played great when he was gone and should be given the chance to keep that going. PDG with Lindy and Skins looked way better than Rask looked all season, to be honest. Rask only gets back in if someone is hurt or we have a stinker and need to shuffle things up a bit. From the last game, I'd say his biggest opportunity to get back in is based on how the staff thought Kruger played...he was not fantastic against the Isle and that could be an opening.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
The Rask hysteria (capped by calls for a Buyout) is just silly. He's had a terrible start to the season. He has looked totally toothless in all 3 zones. So has Faulk to a large extent. So has Lindholm just about every season of his career.

The Canes are like $500k above the Cap Floor. They don't need to buyout a 24 year old making $4 million. smh.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
That's the official company line. But given the sample size, I'd say it is too early to tell.

That’s not really my point. Bleed said Lindholm has thrived as a center and I don’t see how that could possibly be inferred from his play at center over the last few attempts. Last year at least it was a tire fire for him at center and then he got moved to wing and poof, he was lighting it up.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
He has looked totally toothless in all 3 zones.

\
aha_coming_to_america.gif

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
It could change the outcome of the season entirely if we all the sudden had another goal scorer show up. I just don't have much hope. I would love to be wrong, obviously.

Oh, I don't think he's gonna score goals. I just think he's gonna be the meanest third liner on the planet for a while. He'll win pucks in the corners that he hasn't been winning, and he'll be mixing it up in the slot.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
So when the Capitals finally decide to blow it up this trade deadline/offseason: Who's down for a Victor Rask, Jake Bean, 1st and a small plus (think a conditional 2nd or prospect like Foegele) for Backstrom? Yes, Rask sucks and is playing like an AHLer but let's ignore that and pump his tires like only a Leaf or Habs fan could do.

Ah, who am I kidding, they're still going to make the playoffs and not advance past the 2nd round, and Backstrom and Ovechkin will retire as Caps in 10ish years as having played the most amount of playoff games without ever reaching the conference finals.

And maybe we'll have had made the playoffs once or twice by then.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
So when the Capitals finally decide to blow it up this trade deadline/offseason: Who's down for a Victor Rask, Jake Bean, 1st and a small plus (think a conditional 2nd or prospect like Foegele) for Backstrom? Yes, Rask sucks and is playing like an AHLer but let's ignore that and pump his tires like only a Leaf or Habs fan could do.

Ah, who am I kidding, they're still going to make the playoffs and not advance past the 2nd round, and Backstrom and Ovechkin will retire as Caps in 10ish years as having played the most amount of playoff games without ever reaching the conference finals.

And maybe we'll have had made the playoffs once or twice by then.
Backstrom is 30 in 2 days.
Next season he is 31. Not sure if we will give up that much for him.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
We need the Rask that would give you the Ivan Drago look immediately after scoring. No emotion, just the "I must break you" mentality.

I prefer the "Eastern Promises" look of Viggo Mortgenson.

But seriously, do we not think that Rask can get his game back? Remember when we gave up on Jokinen? How well did that work out for a 7th round pick?

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I prefer the "Eastern Promises" look of Viggo Mortgenson.

But seriously, do we not think that Rask can get his game back? Remember when we gave up on Jokinen? How well did that work out for a 7th round pick?

It's worth keeping in mind that over the years there have been similar calls to trade Skinner, Hanifin, Teravainen, Lindholm, etc. Hard to say with Rask, but sometimes being patient pays off, and that's not always the forte of fans on a message board.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
It's worth keeping in mind that over the years there have been similar calls to trade Skinner, Hanifin, Teravainen, Lindholm, etc. Hard to say with Rask, but sometimes being patient pays off, and that's not always the forte of fans on a message board.
To be fair to us, the prospect who repays our patience is a pretty new thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad