Not open for further replies.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Seamus O' Toole said:
the AHL won't allow players from the CHL until they reach the age of 19 or 20

You are mistaken.

Radulov could have played in the AHL at the start of this season, he could have played in the AHL as an 18 year old like Bergfors.

He was drafted out of a Russian Junior league, therefore he doesnt go by the CHL rules.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
LaLaLaprise said:
You are mistaken.

Radulov could have played in the AHL at the start of this season, he could have played in the AHL as an 18 year old like Bergfors.

He was drafted out of a Russian Junior league, therefore he doesnt go by the CHL rules.

I don't want to start the argument again, but every time someone brings that up, someone else brings up the quotes in which both David Poile and Barry Trotz have lamented the fact that Radulov has nothing left to prove in the CHL, but isn't "quite there" enough for the NHL, and so there's no other option. It seems to me that someone would have corrected them, if it were just a misunderstanding.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
nomorekids said:
I don't want to start the argument again, but every time someone brings that up, someone else brings up the quotes in which both David Poile and Barry Trotz have lamented the fact that Radulov has nothing left to prove in the CHL, but isn't "quite there" enough for the NHL, and so there's no other option. It seems to me that someone would have corrected them, if it were just a misunderstanding.

They are mistaken, i dont want to start this up again but Radulov was picked from a junior league in europe. Therefore he doesnt go by the CHL guidlines. If he played in Quebec as a 17 year old and on draft day he was picked from the Quebec Remparts than yes, he wouldnt be allowed to play in the AHL at 19.

Im sure it was a mis-quote, or they meant to say something else.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying even before he was drafted he had already stated that he wanted to play CHL the next year. When we drafted him (I'll try to find an article for proof) he stated he had already decided to play in the CHL the following year.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
triggrman said:
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying even before he was drafted he had already stated that he wanted to play CHL next year. When we drafted him (I'll try to find an article for proof) he stated he had already decided to play in the CHL the following year.

I dont think that matters. And Radulov was a surprise pick by the Remparts. Usually big name guys dont come to the CHL.

Even if he did decide it doesnt matter. He was drafted from a euro league. Its black and white.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
triggrman said:
I'm sure you're right, what the hell does Poile know....

I never said I know more than him, I said it was probably a mis-quote.

Ask people who follow the CHL on a daily basis, or email The Commisioner. Radulov was AHL eligible this year and LAST year.

Look at Bergfors. He was drafted by a CHL team and he is in the AHL.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
Alert! homer post! :

I think it was a great move to send Radulov back in Québec city.

It give him the chance to be a leader and learn to win while having a much better frame than in the AHL. As an example the players here have to either go to school or follow private class instead of doing nothing all day long. There is even a classroom in the Colisée. He also play with very good players and get tons of icetime.

handtrick

Sep 18, 2004
Chattanooga, TN
Beatnik said:
Alert! homer post! :

I think it was a great move to send Radulov back in Québec city.

It give him the chance to be a leader and learn to win while having a much better frame than in the AHL. As an example the players here have to either go to school or follow private class instead of doing nothing all day long. There is even a classroom in the Colisée. He also play with very good players and get tons of icetime.

All these points are valid....language transition has been key....also being coached by Patrick Roy may have had something to do with the decision if he was eligible for either.

Namso

Aug 25, 2005
handtrick said:
All these points are valid....language transition has been key....also being coached by Patrick Roy may have had something to do with the decision if he was eligible for either.
Patrick Roy replaced the original coach during the season. I doubt they knew Roy would be coaching.

Testify

Jun 24, 2004
Roy replaced Lavigne as head coach 5 games in the season while Radu wasnt back from Nashville.

vopatsrash

Dec 9, 2004
Chrisd said:
Radulov can get 40 pts next year with the preds, no?

I predict Barry Trotz alternates Radulov on lines with Smithson/Hordichuk and "Captain For Life" Johnson/Hall and some PP time with Fiddler and Radulov ends up with more public callouts for his lack of offensive production and defensive responsibility than goals next season.

He will then get demoralized in Milwaukee and will be traded for a journeyman 3rd line center in 2009. ;)

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
LaLaLaprise said:
I never said I know more than him, I said it was probably a mis-quote.

Ask people who follow the CHL on a daily basis, or email The Commisioner. Radulov was AHL eligible this year and LAST year.

Look at Bergfors. He was drafted by a CHL team and he is in the AHL.
It wasn't a misquote, I heard him say it.

Again does a player have to be under contract to play in the AHL? He was not under contract until early this year, 4 months into the season. This could be what Trotz is referring too.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
triggrman said:

Again does a player have to be under contract to play in the AHL? He was not under contract until early this year, 4 months into the season. This could be what Trotz is referring too.

Yes, but I am pretty confident that the only reason he wasn't under contract to play in the AHL was because he couldn't go down to the league........and either had to make the roster or go back to the Q.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
He could go down to the AHL so I have no clue what your GM is talking about, I'd say Nashville couldn't sign him or didn't want to sign him in order to keep him away from free agency in the future.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
triggrman said:

Yes they do need to be under contract BUT this quote by Poile came out in September during Camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad