Radulov on fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Congrats to Radulov as he was just named Q player of the month. He's on a 43 game point scoring streak to boot. He's currently tied for second with some guy named Pat Lafontaine who played during the 80's. :dunno: Must have been a one hit wonder. ;)

He's a distant second to Mario Lemieux however who scored in 61 consecutive games (and had more points during that stretch and Radulov and Lascek had combined).

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
:biglaugh: i got malkin, radulov, voloshenko, grigorenko on my keeper fantasy team...

How bout those russians :dunno:

:propeller

Radulov can get 40 pts next year with the preds, no?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
It all depends. All four of our top six wings are under contract for next year...but there's been some rumblings that Erat might be included in a package for a number one center...which would in effect also clear a spot for A-Rad.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
lol a-rad...

sounds too much like arod..and he's a dink...

think up something better :p:

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Radulov is great--thank god I chose him in one of my FHLs.

Not a bad pick--no matter where you take him.

Radulov will be the Calder winner next year--sorry Mr. Johnson.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Rads could end up being CHL player of the year if he can keep it going a few weeks longer, a Russian winning Canadian Hockey's MVP, thats gotta be a first. I wonder how much Patrick Roy's had to do with his amazing numbers this season, and while i'm on the bandwagon, could a Calder Trophy be in the works making for a Russian repeat in that catagory, after Ovy wraps up is pwning of Crosby?

Edit: **** I forgot about Malkin, well either way the Russians are coming, the Russians are coming...............................................they're already here

ooooh its all dim lights and distant sounds now

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
GregStack said:
Radulov is great--thank god I chose him in one of my FHLs.

Not a bad pick--no matter where you take him.

Radulov will be the Calder winner next year--sorry Mr. Johnson.
I've seen Radulov play a few times and I really don't think he'll be ready for the NHL next year.He'll need to develop in the AHL,he'll be to much of a defensive liability in the NHL.The guy has great skills but he floats a little and he's not very physical at all.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
pei fan said:
I've seen Radulov play a few times and I really don't think he'll be ready for the NHL next year.He'll need to develop in the AHL,he'll be to much of a defensive liability in the NHL.The guy has great skills but he floats a little and he's not very physical at all.
Roy and Trotz both disagree. Had Radulov been under contract he might have made the team this year. He was our best forward at camp and I'm including Kariya, Sullivan, Hartnell and Walker.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
triggrman said:
Roy and Trotz both disagree. Had Radulov been under contract he might have made the team this year. He was our best forward at camp and I'm including Kariya, Sullivan, Hartnell and Walker.

It's only camp though.

Big difference from an 82 game season.

Not sayin that Radulov won't be a player but camp and preseason games (where vets take it easy) isn't the real test.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Wally112pac said:
It's only camp though.

Big difference from an 82 game season.

Not sayin that Radulov won't be a player but camp and preseason games (where vets take it easy) isn't the real test.

Yes and no. It's easy for fans to get lulled into thinking that a great preseason means a great regular season, but I doubt that Trotz and Poile get fooled in a similar fashion. They know what to look for and what separates the men from the boys so to speak. And they came away drooling. I think the new CBA may have played an effect. I think they'd rather have Radulov that extra year because while he might have been ready for the NHL, he could certainly have used more experience on NA ice.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
SmokeyClause said:
Yes and no. It's easy for fans to get lulled into thinking that a great preseason means a great regular season, but I doubt that Trotz and Poile get fooled in a similar fashion. They know what to look for and what separates the men from the boys so to speak. And they came away drooling. I think the new CBA may have played an effect. I think they'd rather have Radulov that extra year because while he might have been ready for the NHL, he could certainly have used more experience on NA ice.

I agree with the more NA experience.

All i'm sayin is preseason is not the be all and end all.

Staal had a great preseason in his rookie year then had to learn the ropes in the regular season.

Bochenski lit up the preseason this year and he's in the AHL at the moment.

I think there's a great chance Rads will be on the Preds next year however.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Forsberg4ever said:
Rads could end up being CHL player of the year if he can keep it going a few weeks longer, a Russian winning Canadian Hockey's MVP, thats gotta be a first.

Nope, Sergei Varlamov was the CHL MVP during the 1990s.

Habs33

Sep 4, 2003
Visit site
Nasville is not known for rushing their prospects and it seems like it won't change. it would probably be better for him to make the team and then get sent down to AHL ala getzlaf to see how does at that level.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
He should be in the AHL...he is too good for the league, not sure how good this is for his development. It is like Ovechkin going to the CHL instead of going to the NHL.

Im not saying Radulov = Ovechkin but Radu should have moved on. He is man amongst boys.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
LaLaLaprise said:
He should be in the AHL...he is too good for the league, not sure how good this is for his development. It is like Ovechkin going to the CHL instead of going to the NHL.

Im not saying Radulov = Ovechkin but Radu should have moved on. He is man amongst boys.

blame the CHL's "star rule"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->