Player Discussion Radko Gudas

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
He’s exactly what this team needed, and I could care less if people think we overpaid him.

I don't think we're concerned about the overpayment, but rather the age factor. A fan can love the player and also kinda cringe at the age to hope for the best b/c Anaheim hasn't been on the winning end of signing older vets.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I don't think we're concerned about the overpayment, but rather the age factor. A fan can love the player and also kinda cringe at the age to hope for the best b/c Anaheim hasn't been on the winning end of signing older vets.
Yeah we also didn’t expect we’ll the rookies to arrive as ahead of time as they have. I still think it’s the right move to make to sign him.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Yeah we also didn’t expect we’ll the rookies to arrive as ahead of time as they have. I still think it’s the right move to make to sign him.

After last year's debacle of possessing minimal physicality, Gudas was a great find. Plus, we needed that veteran layering. Notice we usually have a rookie with a veteran except late in games when we need more offense, then it's the Minchy-LaCombe show at times.

We just have to temper ourselves because some posters believed he can play top-pairing minutes when that isn't reflective on his recent history. He's more middle-pairing/bottom-pairing minutes player who can PK. Right now, Gudas is fits well on the 3rd line b/c it seems as though he's still trying to get back into skating shape.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He’s exactly what this team needed, and I could care less if people think we overpaid him.
He’s not even overpaid. People said that about Vatrano

Some people are still stuck in 2012 when a #4 defenseman is supposed to make 2-2.5 million

Times have changed

Gudas is better and less injury prone than Manson right now and was signed for the same contract. A home run move by Verbeek considering he got Helleson and a 2nd for Manson as well

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe we also selected Terrance with that 2nd from Colorado. There is big potential there IMO

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Absolutely 0 problem with this signing. Even if he only plays like this for half his contract, he's helped bring in a culture shift. You have to think that the kids are more comfortable paying physical knowing he's out there doing the same thing. Having Gudas out there with his style and reputation draws the hate of opposing players. It lets guys like Minty play a more "low key" physical game and not stand out like they would have on last year's team. And with his personality, you've got to think he encourages them to hit.

Edit: didn't Dostal make a comment about how it's nice that someone actually doesn't let other teams keep hacking away at the goalie too?

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Dude is a message sending in your face defensemen.. That doesn't take shit from anyone.. Thats just what the ducks needed.. Wait till Killer comes back.. I think the league is in for a shock when this team starts firing on all Cylinders..

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Screenshot_20231114-194445.png
I need someone to photo shop this with yellow hair. Super Gudas!!!

• Haha
Reactions: lwvs84

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
The fact that Gudas is somehow +13 on this team is kind of unbelievable. Yes, I know he doesn't get the most minutes, but that does not mean he's playing against scrubs. According to Natural Stat Trick, Gudas' most common opposing forwards (by 5v5 ice time) are: Eklund, Rantanen, Lafreniere, Tatar, Panarin, Vilardi, Johansen, Hertl, Raymond, Trocheck, Scheifele, and Malkin. So he's not just playing against bottom lines. And on top of that, he actually has the lowest Offensive Zone Start % on the team.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The fact that Gudas is somehow +13 on this team is kind of unbelievable. Yes, I know he doesn't get the most minutes, but that does not mean he's playing against scrubs. According to Natural Stat Trick, Gudas' most common opposing forwards (by 5v5 ice time) are: Eklund, Rantanen, Lafreniere, Tatar, Panarin, Vilardi, Johansen, Hertl, Raymond, Trocheck, Scheifele, and Malkin. So he's not just playing against bottom lines. And on top of that, he actually has the lowest Offensive Zone Start % on the team.
Yep, I was shocked to see it as well. We have only 2 players over 0 (zero) that have played at least 10 games. Shoutout to Luneau and Lindstrom who are +1 but below 10 games.

Gudas +/- is crazy. Fowler is -27. LaCombe -23 and McTavish is -21. Then Gudas with +13 :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00