Quick Note On Updates to League Files

HFNHL Red Wings

Just as an FYI I know the files need some serious updating for all the trades, new GM contact info, etc that have happened in the past two weeks.

Things are a bit busy at work atm and what limited time I have I'm using to prepare my own teams draft lists. I'll get the league files back from Sean sometime this week and hope to have most things updated by next week.

HFNHL Red Wings

Sorry guys obviously I havn't gotten to this yet. Work is killing me atm. Hopefully this weekend I'll get some stuff processed.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I don't believe the files update will be done by this Thursday (or even close, as it's a massive undertaking and Drew has been jammed at work), so you'll have to do the prospect releases based on your own team. Free Agency can't begin without these releases, so it is critical we get this done ASAP if we want to have free agency going any time soon.

HFNHL Red Wings

Is there any update on when the files and rosters would be updated?

No sorry. I did actually start updating but we found a few draft day trade mixups that had to be resolved. They're sorted out now but I haven't been able to get back to it since work has been insane (literally worked 14 hours yesterday and still falling behind :whine:)

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
I am leaving on vacation to the US on the 26th, do you think we will be done with free agency then? I have some holes I need to fil.

HFNHL Red Wings

When did Malahkov officially retire from the game?

He announced his retirement in December 2005 but no one can confirm he's filed his retirement papers though it was rumoured he did so after the Devils tried to get him to come to training camp last fall.
http://tsf.waymoresports.thestar.com/thestar/hockey/player.cgi?180

... and for the record I'm not totally off the hook. If he shows up in the NHL prior to our usual retirement/euro bound players cutoff date I will be paying the $3M buyout value.

As I understand it the whole mess with the trading of Malakhov's rights, or cap hit in this case, in the the NHL last season has to do with the new CBA.
Apparently in the new CBA if you sign a guy to a long term contract after a certain age (don't recall if it's 33 or 35) and he retires the team is still on the hook as far as the salary cap hit goes.
That's why NJ was trying to get him to camp last summer, since they had to pay him and take the cap hit they wanted him to play.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Buying out of contract at full one year salary makes no sense to me especially when you can place a player on your minor league at 10%. Also, why don't we consider the length of the contract left.

Why not have a formula 25% of one year salary for each year left on their contract.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Buying out of contract at full one year salary makes no sense to me especially when you can place a player on your minor league at 10%. Also, why don't we consider the length of the contract left.

Why not have a formula 25% of one year salary for each year left on their contract.

Putting someone in the minors doesn't protect them from the salary cap hit, which is the reason for the buyout. Also, there is a limit of 80 for rosters.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Putting someone in the minors doesn't protect them from the salary cap hit, which is the reason for the buyout. Also, there is a limit of 80 for rosters.

Right. It does put the player's salary down to 10% as far as expenses go, but the full salary is still counted against the cap if that player falls into the top 20 overall rated players on the roster.

Default101

yea i found that out the hard way last season in a trade lol.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
so it's based on the top 21 rated OV players, and not the top 21 highest cash values?

That's essentially correct. More specifically (Drew correct me if I'm wrong), it's rated on your top 2 OV goalies, your top 12 OV forwards, your top 6 OV defencemen. #21 is the player - at any position - outside those 20 with the highest OV.

HFNHL Red Wings

That's essentially correct. More specifically (Drew correct me if I'm wrong), it's rated on your top 2 OV goalies, your top 12 OV forwards, your top 6 OV defencemen. #21 is the player - at any position - outside those 20 with the highest OV.

Almost correct - it's not top 12 OV fwds it's top 3 at each fwd position, top 2 OV G, top 6 D, and the remaining spots are next 4 highest OV regardless of position.

HFNHL Red Wings

Any news on when we can expect an update on the files?

Sorry but the answer is no, things are getting worse not better. I'm actually two managers in one right now as I took on the role of Manager of Portfolio Analytics on top of my current role and my sole direct report has changed jobs so I have no one to delegate anything to until I hire a replacement. :(

I'm living work (even working weekends) and on some rare occassions actually get to see the faces of my children for a few minutes. Needless to say updating the sim has not been an option lately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad