Injury Report: Quick Day to Day; Budaj to be recalled

justonetime

Mar 13, 2009
He hasn't even been sent back to LA for X-Rays, correct?

I'm not a doctor but I am a betting man, and I'd put money on a minor MCL sprain based on how the collision looked. I think 1-2 weeks is a likely estimate, and I sure hope it isn't longer than that.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Does bringing Budaj up put the roster at 24 with Quick? If so, then he would have to go on IR. You can increase roster over 23 for every player on IR. No cap relief though. I didn't count up the number of players.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Does bringing Budaj up put the roster at 24 with Quick? If so, then he would have to go on IR. You can increase roster over 23 for every player on IR. No cap relief though. I didn't count up the number of players.

I'll double check the numbers in a few, but it seems like something else would have to give:

gulp.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Emergency recall?

It seems like they COULD do that, but I may be reading the stipulations wrong. But that would also imply Quick would be back relatively soon? I'm not sure how emergency recall works for goalies in that regard.

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
At 9-2, someone needs to knock the **** out of Hayes or whatever scrub that was who went in looking for contact there. No, Clifford's stick to his waist didn't haul him down. That was intentional.

No reaction. Feels wrong to complain after a seven goal win, but that was horse ****. Bunch of Kings standing around doing nothing. Take him to the ice at least. Not impressed.

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
url

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
At 9-2, someone needs to knock the **** out of Hayes or whatever scrub that was who went in looking for contact there. No, Clifford's stick to his waist didn't haul him down. That was intentional.

No reaction. Feels wrong to complain after a seven goal win, but that was horse ****. Bunch of Kings standing around doing nothing. Take him to the ice at least. Not impressed.

still have not seen it.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
"There is no word on any corresponding move at this point. From my understanding of the CBA, the Kings would not be able to use an emergency call-up on Budaj, because the team has more cap space than the league-minimum salary and the team did not play its previous game with fewer than 20 players. More stipulations of Provision 50.10(e) can be found here. Keep in mind that once Christian Ehrhoff’s status is resolved – it should be learned shortly whether he has been claimed off waivers – defenseman Kevin Gravel’s recall is expected to be announced, and he would take the vacant spot left by Ehrhoff’s departure. "

Per Rosen.

So, something may have to give.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Shore, Pearson, and McBain haven't played for a week. Theoretically, one of them could be placed on IR retroactive 2/4 if they got banged up in the game which would allow some flexibility as the IR minimum is only 7 days.

We're a bunch of filthy cheaters so we'll probably claim Shore's got a left pinky toe injury or stomach ache or something.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Just dress McBain as back-up, we've averaged 9 goals a game on this road trip, its not that important of a position.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
get a load of this guy

You got to see the humor in things. This place is way to serious. Quick doesn't appear that he's going to be out long term. Kings have a nice cushion in the standings to help them through injuries that are going to happen.

There's no way they pull a MTL and completely ***** the bed with the starting goalie out. This team made Scrivens/Jones look great. I'm not all that worried.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Shore, Pearson, and McBain haven't played for a week. Theoretically, one of them could be placed on IR retroactive 2/4 if they got banged up in the game which would allow some flexibility as the IR minimum is only 7 days.

We're a bunch of filthy cheaters so we'll probably claim Shore's got a left pinky toe injury or stomach ache or something.

:laugh:

a cold is an upper-body injury, nausea is a lower-body injury. I'm sure we can do that.

They could also just paper-transaction Shore, actually.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA

a cold is an upper-body injury, nausea is a lower-body injury. I'm sure we can do that.

Don't think they can. Think he actually has to report to the team. But that is why it is so nice to have the team down the freeway vs across the county while at home. Haven't had time to go look but I thought there was some provision about goalie call-ups that allow you to use an emergency recall for them where you couldn't have done so for a player.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007

Forgot he didn't need waivers, drive him around in a taxi for a few hours and claim you assigned him to "Manchester"

Captain Mittens*

I think this joke is over my head.
Why do you have grover 2011 and a picture of Animal?

Ollie Weeks a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma inside a taco and then deep fried

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad